Are Manchester City All That ?

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Re: Are Manchester City All That ?

Post by terrya1965 »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:42 pm Apart from us they are about the only team I’d put myself out for to watch.
Didn’t see tonight’s game :D
Me too.

PSG had the edge in the first half and deserved the lead.

City bossed them 2nd half.They hardly touched the ball :lol:

I have mentioned this before on here.Man U always looked down their nose at them and I hate them more than any other team.YES including Spurs...I have had more skirmishes with their fans,than any other(big mouth wankers).

I would have LOVED them to do the quadruple and shut them c**ts up about 1999.Let`s hope they can lift the CL and have a treble of their own.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:56 am
palerider wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:34 am I sort of wanted them to lose because of the ESL thing but was glad they won.

Work that one out.
I think with Citeh , their ESL thing wasn’t money motivated .
Ffs they have more than they need .... and they were the last ones to “sign up” so may have needed “persuading”.

And stop blowing smoke up our arses you cunt....
Citeh are your second team and we all know it :lol:
How very dare you.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

One word ....Foden...fuckin hell what a player..
Was a Move maybe halfway thru 2nd half got the ball 20 yards outside box .....just found it,save me explaining it.... :lol:

Near end of clip at 2.43...I stood up and clapped...If England cant get something going with Him,Mount and Dec,then
I give up...

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

mkhammer wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:45 am One word ....Foden...fuckin hell what a player..
Was a Move maybe halfway thru 2nd half got the ball 20 yards outside box .....just found it,save me explaining it.... :lol:

Near end of clip at 2.43...I stood up and clapped...If England cant get something going with Him,Mount and Dec,then
I give up...

On the biggest stage of all,2 English youngsters standing out.Let`s hope that Southgate plays to our strengths and not play 2 holding midfielders.We don't need to fear anyone.We have one of the best strikers in world football,we should be optimistic about our chances in the Euros and World Cup.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

terrya1965 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:16 am
mkhammer wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:45 am One word ....Foden...fuckin hell what a player..

I give up...

On the biggest stage of all,2 English youngsters standing out.Let`s hope that Southgate plays to our strengths and not play 2 holding midfielders.We don't need to fear anyone.We have one of the best strikers in world football,we should be optimistic about our chances in the Euros and World Cup.
Agreed and Jude Bellingham is an exciting prospect. Gareth Southgate is most likely in the wrong job.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

terrya1965 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:16 am

I give up...

I agree Tel but I think it’s a bit soon to be labelling Ollie Watkins as “one of the best strikers in world football “
Bring back Jonathon !

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

A second half master class from City. The level of possession football was a joy to watch and it was great to see Neymar and PSG get thoroughly wound up by it

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Castiron wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:35 pm A second half master class from City. The level of possession football was a joy to watch and it was great to see Neymar and PSG get thoroughly wound up by it
And they work so hard for it and everybody recognises each others worth. That's what I most admire with Guardiola. When he is pleased with his team he describes their performance as excellent; when he sees that the intensity is not at it's optimum he says 'we were good in phases'

Liverpool had that two years ago but it's hard work to maintain and some of their players felt they didn't need to run themselves into the ground continuosly. Let somebody else do the crud work. They still have very capable fullbacks and Mo Salah keeps his excellent standards every season but with a drop off effort from some of the significant others and a suspect expensive goalkeeper, they are a yesterday team. Still better than Tottenham and Arsenal but behind Leicester and Chelsea in quality and imagination.

If David Moyes wants to continue with a False-9 formation he needs to fully understand how the other components need to integrate. And that level of
tactical comprehension might be too deep.

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

Castiron wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:35 pm A second half master class from City. The level of possession football was a joy to watch and it was great to see Neymar and PSG get thoroughly wound up by it
All played without a striker. Imagine how good they would be if they signed Haaland, Mbappe or the marble chewer.

JayK

Post by JayK »

only1salty wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:41 pm
All played without a striker. Imagine how good they would be if they signed Haaland, Mbappe or the marble chewer.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Marble chewer
COYI!!!