Are Manchester City All That ?

Chat about anything football related here!
mkhammer

Re: Are Manchester City All That ?

Post by mkhammer »

palerider wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:46 am
mkhammer wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:42 am Red Scouse....

Recently.... Two CL finals winning one...Fifa world club champions...won the league by dont know how many points
last year..lost it by 1 point previous year.
That Edges them over City on recent form a fair bit for me..
City fall down or have so far, at the very top level..Scouse don't..

Had horrendous Injury Probs,causing the fall off this year..they are still pissing all over teams..and still in with a shout of
CL footie..have an easy run in....

Be interesting next year see if they bounce back..that'll define them..

Side Note... we really need the Red Mancs to beat them....can see them easily winning their last 4..
Means we gotta pick up 12 pts edge them out....

Cheats have a tougher more congested run in..
You're not a secret victim are you MK ?

Do you feel yourself breaking out in cold sweats when you see a decent hub-cap ?

Nah Mate....
But place aint that bad, like anywhere...good and bad,had some good nights out there and met some really
friendly ones...bit like Geordieland,get outside the footie thing,they're great places...

Leeds only place I Dont Like very much TBH...Not so hot on Brum either.

But My Footie thing is right on them.

JayK

Post by JayK »

mkhammer wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:58 am

Do you feel yourself breaking out in cold sweats when you see a decent hub-cap ?

Nah Mate....
But place aint that bad, like anywhere...good and bad,had some good nights out there and met some really
friendly ones...bit like Geordieland,get outside the footie thing,they're great places...

Newcastle definitely the winner outta those 3 for a night out. Although been shitfaced in all 3 so couldn’t have been that bad :lol:
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

JayK wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:19 pm
mkhammer wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:58 am

Nah Mate....

Newcastle definitely the winner outta those 3 for a night out. Although been shitfaced in all 3 so couldn’t have been that bad :lol:
I've had some good nights out in Leeds.

Maybe I'm a secret Yorkshireman.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

palerider wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:28 pm
JayK wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:19 pm

Indeed my good man.
Nothing like a quick back scuttling with a Yorkshire lass whose consumed 40 pints and has a face full of doner kebab.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:37 pm
palerider wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:28 pm

Indeed my good man.
Nothing like a quick back scuttling with a Yorkshire lass whose consumed 40 pints and has a face full of doner kebab.
I've creamed me jeans.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

palerider wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:40 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:37 pm

Indeed my good man.
I've creamed me jeans.
Me too.
My Jodhpurs are a tad messy.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Recently.... Two CL finals winning one...Fifa world club champions...won the league by dont know how many points

Had horrendous Injury Probs,causing the fall off this year..they are still pissing all over teams..and still in with a shout of

Side Note... we really need the Red Mancs to beat them....can see them easily winning their last 4..

He’s murder ain’t he 🙄
Bring back Jonathon !

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:28 pm Don't know why but I'm watching the Mickey Mouse final and everyone is creaming their knickers over man City's performance. But in spite of enormous posession being in their favour the only save Lloris has had to make was in the last minute of the first half from Cancelao, who is nominally at least, a bloody wing back.

Obviously they're the best side in England, the league table tells us that but they've had 10 shots. How many were on target ? Yep, the one from Cancelao. That is not good is it ?

I can actually see Spurs snatching this with a break led by Lucas Moura. And how Guardiola can leave Aguerro on the bench and play Sterling beats me. But I suppose he has won more in the game than I have.
Augero is not the player he was and is the main reason why he hasn't played a lot this season.Maybe the injuries haven't helped and the basis on why City are letting him go next month.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

I think Liverpool had their time.Klopp needs a rebuild if they are going to challenge City again.They are streets ahead.They were excellent the last 2-3 years and was some achievement doing what they did.They were terrific.

Hey,I am not having the World Club Championship though. It`s harder to win the Community Sheild.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:49 pm

Be interesting next year see if they bounce back..that'll define them

I think Liverpool had their time.Klopp needs a rebuild if they are going to challenge City again.They are streets ahead.They were excellent the last 2-3 years and was some achievement doing what they did.They were terrific.

Hey,I am not having the World Club Championship though. It`s harder to win the Community Sheild.
Dont think they need to much of a rebuild Tel,just need their players all fit again...they were decimated at the back,lost
all 3 first team CBs...then lost Jota...who is up there with best in league..IMO,soon as Henderson had to fill in at CB,knew
the game was up,he makes them tick,prob more important to them then Dec is to us,in the way they play.

Think you have to gauge the top clubs on what they actual win...Scouse are winning and getting to CL Finals,City
are winning League Cups..
I Know the World Club thing is a one of game,but it's the 60 odd games you have to play to get there.

Community Shield....we've done 3 of those...don't think we'll be in a World club any time soon....

Mind Moyes keeps bloody surprising us....... :lol: