Breakaway super League

Chat about anything football related here!
garnett

Re: Breakaway super League

Post by garnett »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:08 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:46 pm

You asked me what I'd do. If I ran a lower league club I would hand out free tickets every week to local schools and kids football clubs. If seats are going to be empty you may as well try to get a few arses on them even if you don't raise any money directly by doing it. You never know that might start a relationship with the club that could develop in the same way that people of our generations developed their affinities with clubs back in the day.
An excellent suggestion I must say .

And not just for lower league clubs . It’s something all non Sky 6 clubs should do even if it’s just a few hundred .

If it gets the club just 10 new young fans a week it’s a start and 10 young fans that don’t dream of old Trafford or the Bernabau .
Afternoon, we did indeed give freebies away at Upton Park and I would like to share with you an experience when I was stewarding,
I worked the Trevor Brooking lower, sometimes the away section but on this occasion I was given the task of looking after 50 asian teenagers and 10 adults who were supposed to be chaperoning them in the home section, our opponents that day was Man City.

City scored after 10 mins and to my and 3,000 other fans horror they jumped to their feet celebrating, now I have to calm every cunt down which I managed to a certain degree, then after another City goal 10 mins before half time they all got up go downstairs, me thinking they were going to the toilet, oh no, I was asked by a chaperone if I would take them all to the prayer room, they looked at me in disgust and said we will have to pray here then, can you shut the bar please, I said I couldnt but they still all got on their knees to the disbelief of our own fans coming down for a drink, songs were sung at them, insults followed, it was beginning to get naughty, thank fuck the chaperones showed good sense to go and pray outside like I suggested.
When the 2nd half started I went to collect them and they had gone.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

garnett wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:49 pm
Newmarket wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:08 pm

An excellent suggestion I must say .

And not just for lower league clubs . It’s something all non Sky 6 clubs should do even if it’s just a few hundred .

If it gets the club just 10 new young fans a week it’s a start and 10 young fans that don’t dream of old Trafford or the Bernabau .
Afternoon, we did indeed give freebies away at Upton Park and I would like to share with you an experience when I was stewarding,
I worked the Trevor Brooking lower, sometimes the away section but on this occasion I was given the task of looking after 50 asian teenagers and 10 adults who were supposed to be chaperoning them in the home section, our opponents that day was Man City.

City scored after 10 mins and to my and 3,000 other fans horror they jumped to their feet celebrating, now I have to calm every cunt down which I managed to a certain degree, then after another City goal 10 mins before half time they all got up go downstairs, me thinking they were going to the toilet, oh no, I was asked by a chaperone if I would take them all to the prayer room, they looked at me in disgust and said we will have to pray here then, can you shut the bar please, I said I couldnt but they still all got on their knees to the disbelief of our own fans coming down for a drink, songs were sung at them, insults followed, it was beginning to get naughty, thank fuck the chaperones showed good sense to go and pray outside like I suggested.
If that is the case then I hope the silly fuckwit who invited a bunch of Asian kids, presumably with no affiliation to West Ham United, to the game is no longer employed by the club. But for some reason I have my doubts about that.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

ToneLoc wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:19 pm
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:42 pm We did do a kids for a quid scheme a while back,
The club that is.
As did Prince Andrew
:lol: :lol:

garnett

Post by garnett »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:16 pm
garnett wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:49 pm

If that is the case then I hope the silly fuckwit who invited a bunch of Asian kids, presumably with no affiliation to West Ham United, to the game is no longer employed by the club. But for some reason I have my doubts about that.
I don't know, but I do know the group came from a Newham "youth club ", don't know what they call them these day's. The fact remains kid's don't support their local team like we did regardless of colour creed or religion, our own academy, doubt if 30% support West Ham, more than 50% of our academics are of African origin.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

garnett wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:55 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:16 pm

I don't know, but I do know the group came from a Newham "youth club ", don't know what they call them these day's. The fact remains kid's don't support their local team like we did regardless of colour creed or religion, our own academy, doubt if 30% support West Ham, more than 50% of our academics are of African origin.
Back in the day if you wanted to watch a game there was only one way to do it. And it was cheap. As kids we could easily afford it. Not the case now.

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

Kids don't support their local team because they dont go and so have no affiliation. When you had terraces you would get the kids in for sold all. Now they can't get in and watch football on youtube. They therefore gravitate towards success not atmosphere.

If you let a bunch of kids go from the local school several times you embed memories. If you let 100 go and 10 of them become West Ham fans long term that's a good return.

I ran a football team. I used to take my son every week to West Ham and whenever there was a spare bring 2 of his mates from the club. Several of them have West Ham as their second team and a couple of them jumped ship and support West Ham.

We should dedicate a corner of the ground to the local community, let them come for free. But make sure its a dedicated area not spread out like the corporates that are currently killing the atmosphere

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:13 am
garnett wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:55 pm

Back in the day if you wanted to watch a game there was only one way to do it. And it was cheap. As kids we could easily afford it. Not the case now.

Cheap? We still used to go through the old north bank turnstiles 2 at a time :D
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

tassiehammer wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:59 am
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:13 am

Careful mate. You'll have some cunt calling that discriminatory against fatties. ;)

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:07 am
tassiehammer wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:59 am

Careful mate. You'll have some cunt calling that discriminatory against fatties. ;)
True. But got to admit I'd get well stuck trying to share a turnstile now. Probably even one of those fancy hotel revolving doors. :D
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Dagger

Post by Dagger »

the chicken run did the same thing remember the attendance was 35,00 odd but don't think anyone could touch the floor with there fee it was so rammed :-)

would love to go back in time so my boys could experience the atmosphere