Breakaway super League

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Breakaway super League

Post by Whiskyman »

Dagger wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:02 am don't think a fine will work but its the way it will probably go

the arsenal cunt said any fine his out side interest will pay so will not effect Arsenal at all

so how do you control someone who is happy to pay the fine does not effect the club and it disappears in a tax avoidance scheme of some sort

the only way to hurt them is drop them down a few divisions or points deduction this year and next

also if you believe it the twat from Spain is saying they all are still in it and will happen at some stage, that alone should force the powers at be to punish now and punish hard

all about opinions
It won't affect Arsenal but it will effect the Josh Kroenke directly. Isn't that what should happen ? For example let's assume for the moment it was West Ham who were one of the "big 6". I bet you any amount of money you like those people on forums calling for points deductions, relegations, public hangings and everything else would be saying stuff like "S & G should be punished, why should us fans suffer".. And wouldn't they be right. ?

You see where I'm going we this don't you ? It was the owners of the clubs who were driving the ESL thing so isn't it those same owners who should suffer the financial hits ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:57 am
Dagger wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:02 am don't think a fine will work but its the way it will probably go

the arsenal cunt said any fine his out side interest will pay so will not effect Arsenal at all

so how do you control someone who is happy to pay the fine does not effect the club and it disappears in a tax avoidance scheme of some sort

the only way to hurt them is drop them down a few divisions or points deduction this year and next

also if you believe it the twat from Spain is saying they all are still in it and will happen at some stage, that alone should force the powers at be to punish now and punish hard

all about opinions
I heard David Bernstein, ex FA Chairman say yesterday that an un-named breakaway club from England are in desperate financial trouble.

I'm guessing either the Arse or Spuds. Much more likely the Spuds because of the cost of the Bageldrome.

So imo a fine should increase in severity in alphabetical order.

Only fair.
It is Spurs. They have already had to restructure their loans because of the cost of the Bageldome. And their proposed income streams have, of course, not been achieved because they haven't been able to use the place since the various lockdown regulations. And of course they are also in hock to the government to the tune of £175 million. Which is an additional loan to the various ones taken out for the costs of building the stadium.

I have also been told that Levy is "considering his position"..

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:32 am

all about opinions
It won't affect Arsenal but it will effect the Josh Kroenke directly. Isn't that what should happen ? For example let's assume for the moment it was West Ham who were one of the "big 6". I bet you any amount of money you like those people on forums calling for points deductions, relegations, public hangings and everything else would be saying stuff like "S & G should be punished, why should us fans suffer".. And wouldn't they be right. ?

You see where I'm going we this don't you ? It was the owners of the clubs who were driving the ESL thing so isn't it those same owners who should suffer the financial hits ?
Continuing with your scenario and suppose it was DS in the firing line - I know, as if our owners would do something highly illegal for personal gain - and he was fined 250M for breachind some regs, then West Ham's transfer budget would be about zero. So hurting the owner would hurt directly everything else that he was involved with.

You have to be careful how you handle the medicine and the baby with the bath water. In future years,people will be laughing abot this and slapping each other on the back...

Dagger

Post by Dagger »

maybe I have it wrong but the thought of any club being able to win the league or qualify for Europe would increase attendances and increase TV viewing and bring all the excitement back for all not for some

if clubs or franchisees earn less and I doubt that will happen to a great figure but who knows and for me I would not care

as that's what pre perm was like to a degree as we all had a chance not much but more than these days, this season is proving it wrong a little but think this is a one off unless we got ride of the greedy 6 for a few seasons

palerider

Post by palerider »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:38 am
palerider wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:57 am
I heard David Bernstein, ex FA Chairman say yesterday that an un-named breakaway club from England are in desperate financial trouble.

I'm guessing either the Arse or Spuds. Much more likely the Spuds because of the cost of the Bageldrome.

So imo a fine should increase in severity in alphabetical order.

Only fair.
It is Spurs. They have already had to restructure their loans because of the cost of the Bageldome. And their proposed income streams have, of course, not been achieved because they haven't been able to use the place since the various lockdown regulations. And of course they are also in hock to the government to the tune of £175 million. Which is an additional loan to the various ones taken out for the costs of building the stadium.

I have also been told that Levy is "considering his position"..
So their plan to inject 303 million to solve the problem has been quashed ?

Deeply saddened.

:lol:

Dagger

Post by Dagger »

all about opinions

Hi Whiskey

I can see what your saying mate and agree with it to a degree but as said before the fans reap the reward of rich owners so they will have to suffer the consequences , what about the rest of the teams that have not been enjoying the rewards of great wealth and unfair playing field

fuckem and fuckem hard I'm sure GSB will have something that will make there eyes water :lol:

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Dagger wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:31 pm

Hi Whiskey

I can see what your saying mate and agree with it to a degree but as said before the fans reap the reward of rich owners so they will have to suffer the consequences , what about the rest of the teams that have not been enjoying the rewards of great wealth and unfair playing field

fuckem and fuckem hard I'm sure GSB will have something that will make there eyes water :lol:
I get where you're coming from but I also think there are a lot of people who despise wealthy owners simply because they are wealthy. Imo there are 2 types of football club owner. The owner who is in it to make money , like the Glazers and Fenway Sports Group for example. And then there are the guys in it for the fun & personal prestige (Abramovich) or the benefits positive exposure can give (Sheikh Mansour). There are also of course the chancers who claim to buy the club they have supported all their lives for love but I think I'm hard nosed enough to realise they, just like Father Christmas, ain't real. ;)

But it could be argued that the arrival on the scene of some seriously wealthy people have actually made the PL more, not less, competitive. Assuming Man City win it again this year there will have been 7 winners since the PL started. It can certainly be argued that 3 of those winners, Man City (5); Chelsea (5) and Blackburn (1) probably wouldn't have come close to winning it had it not been for wealthy individuals pumping in their money. Even Leicester City, whose previous board scandalously took the club into administration by building a stadium they knew they couldn't afford, were salvaged by a wealthy individual and benefited from his investment.

Had it not been for private wealth it is likely the PL would have become the monopoly of Manchester United in much the same way the German Bundesliga, complete with it's 51% fan ownership structure, has become a single horse race as Bayern Munich prepare to celebrate their 9th Meisterschale in a row. German fans despise RB Leipzig and, to a lesser extent, Hoffenheim who are another rich man's toy, because they have come along from nowhere to become players in the Bundesliga. I lived and worked in Germany years ago and the Bundesliga used to be a great and highly competitive league.. But today it's probably the most predictable of all the major leagues in Europe with the only interest being who goes down and who will finish second behind F C Hollywood. Maybe they could do with an Abramovich or a Sheikh Mansour to shake things up a bit.

Dagger

Post by Dagger »

yeah but what have the Romans done for us :)

Noni

Post by Noni »

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

palerider wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:15 am
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:23 am

Well, obviously a fine of £200 million would be more of a punishment than a fine of £100 million. But less than a fine of £300 million. So, sorry, but I don't get your point. A fine, whatever the size of it, would affect the value of the club, and therefore have an impact on the value of the owner's shareholdings. Which is why UEFA basically hold all the cards. They could, if they chose, exclude clubs from their competitions. But of course that would also reduce the value of the t v deals.

Irrelevant anyway because it seems the Premier League clubs have more or less said that points deductions or fines are off the table. Obviously the 14 are getting damp knickers because they realise that without the big 4 (they could live without Arsenal or Spurs) the value of their "product" is seriously diminished and they would all, in the end, be worse off financially. What a conundrum. :lol:
The 'should do's' and the 'will do's' are poles apart.

I agree about the other 14 clubs needing the big six. Which is why they, at their meeting, agreed a points deduction would only hit the fans. Which of course really meant 'fuck the fans, it will hit us in the pocket'.

Despite all the contrition I've heard from owners and pundit fans across the board. We'll have to wait and see when push comes to shove. Like a hospital trust making an unreserved apology when someone croaks from a fuck-up.

Oh that's ok then....you said sorry. That makes all the difference.

Dave from Stockport might say that he'd back United having a European ban for two years now. But if UEFA actually did it he'd be moaning his tits off demanding an appeal.
Stockport?
You mean Seoul right?
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"