Moyes has to stop this crap

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Moyes has to stop this crap

Post by Newmarket »

There’s no doubt in my mind , having thought about it long and hard , that although the players do have to take a look at themselves (after all it was the same eleven players that most of us have been creaming our jeans over recently) Bug Eyes is going into these all important matches bigging up the opposition and giving our more than competent team an inferiority complex.

He kept referring to Liverpool at the weekend as “better” than us , PL Champions , CL winners etc etc .

It’s not the first time he’s done it in interviews and it ain’t the last , as I’ll show in a minute.

Now some of us think his “ honesty” is one of his best traits but , as you all know , I’m not so sure .
I still think he’s a yes man , afraid for his job if he tells what he’s really thinking , and nobody , here or elsewhere will ever convince me otherwise.

But I think he’s doing it again here.

https://sportslens.com/west-ham-united- ... ow/331199/
Bring back Jonathon !

BlackDiamond

Re: Moyes has to stop this crap

Post by BlackDiamond »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:51 pm There’s no doubt in my mind , having thought about it long and hard , that although the players do have to take a look at themselves (after all it was the same eleven players that most of us have been creaming our jeans over recently) Bug Eyes is going into these all important matches bigging up the opposition and giving our more than competent team an inferiority complex.

He kept referring to Liverpool at the weekend as “better” than us , PL Champions , CL winners etc etc .

It’s not the first time he’s done it in interviews and it ain’t the last , as I’ll show in a minute.

Now some of us think his “ honesty” is one of his best traits but , as you all know , I’m not so sure .
I still think he’s a yes man , afraid for his job if he tells what he’s really thinking , and nobody , here or elsewhere will ever convince me otherwise.

I take your point, he can make his point(s) without suggesting West Ham are inferior; which they weren't prior to the actual game.

So he could play with a straight bat and not go all gushing about the opposition or their players.

If your asked about Liverpool you could say 'they won the league by a big margin last season after 20 years and have recently been CL winners. They have quality but so do we". All true - says we respect their achievements but we are not overawed by the fixture.

Same with Jack Grealish. You say he is one of the elite players in the league and has showed good form. Don't say he is the 'best' and suggest we are bang in trouble.

I've never thought he is very good at facing the press. He needs to learn a script and not deviate. He's not flexible enough to be a front runner.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:22 pm
Newmarket wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:51 pm There’s no doubt in my mind , having thought about it long and hard , that although the players do have to take a look at themselves (after all it was the same eleven players that most of us have been creaming our jeans over recently) Bug Eyes is going into these all important matches bigging up the opposition and giving our more than competent team an inferiority complex.

I take your point, he can make his point(s) without suggesting West Ham are inferior; which they weren't prior to the actual game.

So he could play with a straight bat and not go all gushing about the opposition or their players.

If your asked about Liverpool you could say 'they won the league by a big margin last season after 20 years and have recently been CL winners. They have quality but so do we". All true - says we respect their achievements but we are not overawed by the fixture.

Same with Jack Grealish. You say he is one of the elite players in the league and has showed good form. Don't say he is the 'best' and suggest we are bang in trouble.

I've never thought he is very good at facing the press. He needs to learn a script and not deviate. He's not flexible enough to be a front runner.
Indeed.
He can say.....
With good backing they bought the league title and we backed by a two Bob pair of shysters shitcunts rely on a winger with gammy hammy's to score goals.
Or
We're hoping to have a good cup run, but I've only got 5 subs and 3 of them are goalkeepers.
And
My arse is killing me after Dave's drilling.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

If the players did develop an inferiority complex, and I'm not saying they did, then , to a fucking man, the cunts should get jobs shelf stacking at Tescos.

Anybody worth their fucking salt when told something along the lines of, you're not as good as--(insert name here)--would take the attitude "I'll show you who's better than me you cunt", roll their sleeves up and do theuir utmost to prove themselves as good, or better.

Ultimately the players on the pitch will always take the credit and should , therefore, also accept the criticism. But anybody, particularly a fucking professional sportsman, who develops an inferiority complex because of a few words at a press conference is in the wrong jon imo.

Liverpool won because they were better, man for man, pretty much across the pitch on the day.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

hamstew

Post by hamstew »

I do agree with you this time on most of that, he shouldn't big up the other team so much and show them too much respect therefore making our players feel inferior to the opposition.

As you put it our team are more than competent to make a game of it against any team, since he has got the players believing they can beat anyone on their day or at least to be able to compete in a contest with the team spirit they have at the moment, so he should be telling the players how well they have been playing lately and to get into their faces etc... rather than bigging up the opposition just because of who they are and showing them far too much respect.

It's fair for Moyes to say that they are going to be tough to beat because they do have decent players and show some respect but don't bloody over do it as that sends out the wrong message to our players and it leaves a losing mentality in their minds (which is not the mentality he has instilled in our squad/team lately). He definitely needs to realise that and learn from that quickly and hopefully he will. As he knows in most games we are a decent, well drilled and competent team going forward but he just needs to NOT actually change the mentality when playing the so called top six teams but to keep the same mentality the players have had against the other teams in the league and to put it in to practice against the top teams.

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard »

Sorry but all he needs to acknowledge if asked is that they are above us in the league, nothing else needs to be said about them or their players etc
Hes been in the game long enough to know how to deflect journos asking questions he doesnt need to answer.
He only needs to be talking about us and what we are going to do.

i've always hated bigging up the oppo by anybody in any sport, that shows weakness and admitting inferiority...after the event fine, but not before.
And all this "showing respect" WTF is that all about, absolute bollocks

JayK

Post by JayK »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:22 pm

You should do our press conferences 😃
COYI!!!

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

For those who wondered if Peach was 'still in the building' he is and sends a personal message at the very end. Apparently he lost his job, and the good Patreon members have paid for Peach to enjoy a years subscription. So good luck to them and good luck to Peach.

That's the West Ham family, hands across the water and helping out someone in Canada. Makes a mans eyes squint watching that...and to be honest I nearly did a Clint Eastwood at the end too...but it was more a half-Clint...

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:11 pm

For those who wondered if Peach was 'still in the building' he is and sends a personal message at the very end. Apparently he lost his job, and the good Patreon members have paid for Peach to enjoy a years subscription. So good luck to them and good luck to Peach.

That's the West Ham family, hands across the water and helping out someone in Canada. Makes a mans eyes squint watching that...and to be honest I nearly did a Clint Eastwood at the end too...but it was more a half-Clint...
I see that last night..Peach is a looney,and cracks me up.Whatever his on,I want some :)

We got some lovely generous fans though.Top people.

Parry Hotter

Post by Parry Hotter »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:49 pm

If the players did develop an inferiority complex, and I'm not saying they did, then , to a fucking man, the cunts should get jobs shelf stacking at Tescos.

Anybody worth their fucking salt when told something along the lines of, you're not as good as--(insert name here)--would take the attitude "I'll show you who's better than me you cunt", roll their sleeves up and do theuir utmost to prove themselves as good, or better.

Ultimately the players on the pitch will always take the credit and should , therefore, also accept the criticism. But anybody, particularly a fucking professional sportsman, who develops an inferiority complex because of a few words at a press conference is in the wrong jon imo.

Liverpool won because they were better, man for man, pretty much across the pitch on the day.
goodpost:)

Fucking right. Aint it occured to anyone he might have been doing it as motivation. Any case if they aint got no confidence in their ability they should be fucking ashames.

Please mister it aint our fault. Our manager told us we wasnt no good. Fucking luvvies.