Leeds v West Ham - Should Fabianski have been sent off?

Chat about anything football related here!
Hammertime

Re: Leeds v West Ham - Should Fabianski have been sent off?

Post by Hammertime »

How many goals did the OP say Soucek wouldn't score this season?
#fuckqatar2022

JayK

Post by JayK »

Hammertime wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:52 pm How many goals did the OP say Soucek wouldn't score this season?
COYI!!!

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Absolutely not, he made a genuine attempt for the ball. As such the yellow card and penalty was sufficient and fair punishment.
Flairon

papawhisky

Post by papawhisky »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:56 pm
papawhisky wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:20 pm Technically yes he should have received 2 yellows and been sent off. The double jeopardy rule is the reason he only got a yellow for the foul rather than red. A goalkeeper leaving his line before the penalty is taken is also a yellow card. I suspect the ref decided it was so marginal that it wasn't a deliberate attempt to gain an advantage and let him off. But the rules says a mandatory yellow. I'm sure that everyone here, including the OP, was delighted with the outcome.
Appreciate your point----BUT---and it's a fucking big but. If his feet were not on the line when the penalty was taken, as appears to have been the case from the VAR footage, should the referee or assistant not have noticed this before the kick was taken ? It's not as if he moved his position whilst the guy was running up to take the kick, is it ?

His heels were slightly behind the line when the taker began his run up. He moved forward, albeit slightly, during the run up which according to VAR meant he was off his line. I think it is ridiculous to be making decisions in situations that the naked eye couldn't tell, but if they call it as encroachment then it is a compulsory yellow (another ridiculous rule). Thankfully the ref either forgot or chose to forget given the fine margins.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

papawhisky wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:12 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:56 pm

Appreciate your point----BUT---and it's a fucking big but. If his feet were not on the line when the penalty was taken, as appears to have been the case from the VAR footage, should the referee or assistant not have noticed this before the kick was taken ? It's not as if he moved his position whilst the guy was running up to take the kick, is it ?

His heels were slightly behind the line when the taker began his run up. He moved forward, albeit slightly, during the run up which according to VAR meant he was off his line. I think it is ridiculous to be making decisions in situations that the naked eye couldn't tell, but if they call it as encroachment then it is a compulsory yellow (another ridiculous rule). Thankfully the ref either forgot or chose to forget given the fine margins.
I don't know why we never complained about the encroachment?But VAR should have spotted that//Yet another in constituency by the c**ts at Stockley Park.

Post by 9898 »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:51 pm
papawhisky wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:12 pm

I don't know why we never complained about the encroachment?But VAR should have spotted that//Yet another in constituency by the c**ts at Stockley Park.
Didn't miss anything.
Read the Laws.
Encroachment is refereed on the basis of whether the person encroaching is affecting the game.

Ask Santa for a book on the Laws of the game. Public education is not becoming of you.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

9898 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:16 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:51 pm

Didn't miss anything.
Read the Laws.
Encroachment is refereed on the basis of whether the person encroaching is affecting the game.

Ask Santa for a book on the Laws of the game. Public education is not becoming of you.
I decided to look it up the other day,but forgot to say you were right..Thought you were banned,so thought,why bother? :lol:

Post by 9898 »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:31 pm
9898 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:16 pm

Didn't miss anything.
Read the Laws.

I decided to look it up the other day,but forgot to say you were right..Thought you were banned,so thought,why bother? :lol:
As you well know, they are scared to ban me.
Ban me and the site dies.
I have the future of the site in my hands.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

9898 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:36 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:31 pm

Probably not far wrong :lol: :lol:

Still love this site and the people on it,but it seems very quiet lately.

I do look on KUMB now,because it`s always busy.

Post by 9898 »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:42 pm
9898 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:36 pm

Probably not far wrong :lol: :lol:

Still love this site and the people on it,but it seems very quiet lately.

I do look on KUMB now,because it`s always busy.
Kumb is a good site now.