Antonio out for up to 6 weeks

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: Antonio out for up to 6 weeks

Post by Newmarket »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:02 pm
Clayton wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:54 pm

If it had to be a Salthouse client why not Wilson or even Che Adams , either would have been better then Haller , really do not see how Benrahma fits into Moyes system ( but Moyes could surprise me ) though I do think he looks a very tricky player .
Oh well it’s all ifs and buts now.
For my two penneth I would stick Bowen in as a centre forward.
And play who in Bowen’s current role ?

I think we have to accept the fact that Moyes hasn’t a clue how to play any other way so he needs to find somebody else to fill Antonio’s boots . And Bowen is a better choice than many.

In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if , come the Fulham game , a game we might be expected to dominate, Moyes sets up in exactly the same manner , with Haller up top , and concede the lions share of possession to the opposition .

Just so he doesn’t HAVE to change it.

Despite the decent recent results , Moyes out !

Like David Sullivan , Leopards don’t change their spots !
Bring back Jonathon !

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:24 pm

I think we have to accept the fact that Moyes hasn’t a clue how to play any other way so he needs to find somebody else to fill Antonio’s boots . And Bowen is a better choice than many.

In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if , come the Fulham game , a game we might be expected to dominate, Moyes sets up in exactly the same manner , with Haller up top , and concede the lions share of possession to the opposition .

Yarmalenko.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Obviously it has got to be Benrahma playing Bowen's current role , I really do not want to see Yarmalenko start in Bowen's current position ,Then we would have Bowen up top on his own and no one quick enough to get close to him .

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

Clayton wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:27 pm
BCHammer wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:11 pm After that showing I have to concede there is little defense for Haller. yes, he was isolated as we expected him to be, but he is just too timid when he does have the opportunity to do something. He is a big geezer, intimate the newby ffs.

That being said, we wouldn't have conceded the 2nd with Haller on still. But that is clutching at straws, 6 weeks without Antonio is scary to contemplate.
Not sure its that scary , surely Moyes can find someone to play the Antonio role , or at least change the system/tactics in some way , after all we do have the makings of a decent starting 10 just not sure who gets to play up front , maybe we don't need a striker , after all Antonio isn't one. Maybe put someone with pace up there at least Bowen played a few games for Hull there ( definitely faster then Haller ) and scored if memory serves me right .
Benrahma can play on either wing so no problem there .
Now is the chance for Moyes to convince me he is good enough to have the job next season , because he hasn't yet , though I really hope he can for our sake .
I like Antonio and he would be in my side every time but why does Moyes have to get someone to play the Antonio role ? It wasn't successful against Spurs and to a lesser extent against Citeh either and I know he scored. Would he have had any more effect against probably the best team in the league. The battering ram plan doesn't work against the very best I've found. Why does anyone think that Benrahma is going to be a wonderful solution ? I hope I'm wrong and hope he does well but he's 25 and only played 5 times for Algeria which doesn't instil me with a lot of confidence regarding the PL .Surely doesn't play ahead of Lanzini for one ? Also heard people on here mention King. Just have a look on the Bournemouth forum and see what they say about him. Don't think he has scored yet this season and in fact started on the bench yesterday but somehow some think he would be wonderful for us.

Post by 9898 »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:31 pm

Yarmalenko.
Yarmalenko is shit.
There mY have been a decent player in there at one time but his body is knackered. Can't run looks like a 80 year old.

Looks like a veteran training with the first team.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

9898 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:26 pm

Yarmalenko.
Yarmalenko is shit.
There mY have been a decent player in there at one time but his body is knackered. Can't run looks like a 80 year old.

Fuck it ,give it a go and see how it pans out.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Shortshanks wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:02 pm
Clayton wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:27 pm

Not sure its that scary , surely Moyes can find someone to play the Antonio role , or at least change the system/tactics in some way , after all we do have the makings of a decent starting 10 just not sure who gets to play up front , maybe we don't need a striker , after all Antonio isn't one. Maybe put someone with pace up there at least Bowen played a few games for Hull there ( definitely faster then Haller ) and scored if memory serves me right .
Benrahma can play on either wing so no problem there .
Now is the chance for Moyes to convince me he is good enough to have the job next season , because he hasn't yet , though I really hope he can for our sake .
I like Antonio and he would be in my side every time but why does Moyes have to get someone to play the Antonio role ? It wasn't successful against Spurs and to a lesser extent against Citeh either and I know he scored. Would he have had any more effect against probably the best team in the league. The battering ram plan doesn't work against the very best I've found. Why does anyone think that Benrahma is going to be a wonderful solution ? I hope I'm wrong and hope he does well but he's 25 and only played 5 times for Algeria which doesn't instil me with a lot of confidence regarding the PL .Surely doesn't play ahead of Lanzini for one ? Also heard people on here mention King. Just have a look on the Bournemouth forum and see what they say about him. Don't think he has scored yet this season and in fact started on the bench yesterday but somehow some think he would be wonderful for us.
But Moyes appears to be determined to keep playing the 3 at the back and one up top and not changing anything apart from who plays in Antonio's position . He certainly doesn't change it when his Plan A and Antonio aren't working for us .

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

Clayton wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:37 pm
Shortshanks wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:02 pm

But Moyes appears to be determined to keep playing the 3 at the back and one up top and not changing anything apart from who plays in Antonio's position . He certainly doesn't change it when his Plan A and Antonio aren't working for us .
I agree with everything you say and that's why I have reservations about Moyes who I like as a person. Some get carried away when he's forced to make a substitution against Spurs and present him as some sort of tactical genius. Well he made a substitution and it cost us yesterday. I don't blame him yesterday anymore than I give him credit for the Spurs game. In fact I wish he would use the squad more instead of waiting until it's too late. He seems to have a policy of just run them into the ground.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Agree Shortshanks, Moyes way will have our first 12 knackered by end of Dec, this season of all seasons we will really need squad rotation.

So we really need Moyes to step up tactically and get a plan B, C, D & E as this approach will not work against all teams.

Won’t hold my breath though.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

9898 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:26 pm

Yarmalenko.
Yarmalenko is shit.

EVERYONE is shit to you.