Jarrod Bowen

Chat about anything football related here!
eskimo joe

Re: Jarrod Bowen

Post by eskimo joe »

It's not like pitch invasions are rare, yes they have been less common than in the past, but this one was tame in comparison. Not condoning it as it should never have been needed, but it is possible to see it as a catalyst for the change in approach by the board, as Newmarket hinted at.

One can only hope that lessons can be learnt on both sides. It seems they have and any other disgruntles get chanted loudly from the terraces rather than a full scale pitch in invasion.

I can see that slippery slope whisky refers to, but actions speak louder than words, invasions don't always help, boycotting games might have a less damaging effect on certain parties than going down that route. But as will always be the case, the mass aren't happy but they refuse not to attend. When all not being there speaks volumes, it sends a strong message in a more peaceful manner.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

eskimo joe wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:16 am It's not like pitch invasions are rare, yes they have been less common than in the past, but this one was tame in comparison. Not condoning it as it should never have been needed, but it is possible to see it as a catalyst for the change in approach by the board, as Newmarket hinted at.

One can only hope that lessons can be learnt on both sides. It seems they have and any other disgruntles get chanted loudly from the terraces rather than a full scale pitch in invasion.

I can see that slippery slope whisky refers to, but actions speak louder than words, invasions don't always help, boycotting games might have a less damaging effect on certain parties than going down that route. But as will always be the case, the mass aren't happy but they refuse not to attend. When all not being there speaks volumes, it sends a strong message in a more peaceful manner.
At the end of the day Joe whether we like it or not we are cistomers. It's our choice to spend money on tickets, merchandise etc or not to. We have a right to make those decisions. We have no god given right to have a say in the way the business is run any more than we should have no say in the way Tesco for example is run. If I want a say in how Tesco is run I can buy shares in it and go to the AGM. A football club is basically no different although it ism't as easy to get hold of the shares as I don't believe they are publicly traded.. It is a corporate beast these days and the people who decide how it is run are the people whose investments will rise or fall in value depending on how successfully they run their business.

That might be unpalatable to some people but it's the way the world worls.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

The Jarrod Bowen thread took a sharp left hand turn at the Watford Gap and went miles off topic.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

tassiehammer wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:44 am The Jarrod Bowen thread took a sharp left hand turn at the Watford Gap and went miles off topic.
The GPS systems have never been reliable, but they do add to a change of scenery.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

tassiehammer wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:44 am The Jarrod Bowen thread took a sharp left hand turn at the Watford Gap and went miles off topic.
I wonder if it went the same way as his form ?

Post by 9898 »

9898 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:59 pm Tubby, chumpionship monster extraordinaire.
No disagreements now.
First again
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

9898 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:01 am
9898 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:59 pm Tubby, chumpionship monster extraordinaire.
No disagreements now.
First again
Should be useful for next season then.

garnett

Post by garnett »

Jarrod,
An overrated manager favourite who is a diver and why people think he will be a saviour is beyond me.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

garnett wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:28 am Jarrod,
An overrated manager favourite who is a diver and why people think he will be a saviour is beyond me.
A rather harsh assessment imo. Certainly not a world beater but an automatic starter given our limited options for the front positions. Not sure too many see him as the saviou but a far more consistent performer than Benrahma who has been callethe saviour by many in the past. As he showed against Man United Benrahma has the ability to be a match winner. However he lets himself down time and again because of his inconsistency whereas Bowen, whilst not as technically gifted, always puts in a decent shift even when not at his best.

garnett

Post by garnett »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:44 am
garnett wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:28 am Jarrod,
A rather harsh assessment imo. Certainly not a world beater but an automatic starter given our limited options for the front positions. Not sure too many see him as the saviou but a far more consistent performer than Benrahma who has been callethe saviour by many in the past. As he showed against Man United Benrahma has the ability to be a match winner. However he lets himself down time and again because of his inconsistency whereas Bowen, whilst not as technically gifted, always puts in a decent shift even when not at his best.
I stand by my assessment, decent shifts in a relegation dogfight doesn`t cut it for me unfortunately, gave away the penalty, squandered our only clear cut chance and booked for diving Saturday, yet, will be playing against Villa.