Jarrod Bowen

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Re: Jarrod Bowen

Post by palerider »

Only seems to play well against the shit teams now.

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

In the same bracket as Antoniio. Full of energy, runs his heart out, but when it really matters, lacking in technical ability. I would imagine, that when the talk was,Liverpool in for him for £50 mill, somebodys hand would have been bitten off
Covid in the Boardroom

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

I reckon the Liverpool gig and the England call up went to his head. Same as Mickey's a few seasons ago. Great little goal scorer whilst an unknown but once marked as a danger from the opposition he'd rather throw his arms up at every opportunity or roll on the floor. Still one of the first names to be written on the team sheet but that might have something to do with our lack of depth as well. And that's a pretty sad indictment.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

garnett wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:04 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:44 am

A rather harsh assessment imo. Certainly not a world beater but an automatic starter given our limited options for the front positions. Not sure too many see him as the saviou but a far more consistent performer than Benrahma who has been callethe saviour by many in the past. As he showed against Man United Benrahma has the ability to be a match winner. However he lets himself down time and again because of his inconsistency whereas Bowen, whilst not as technically gifted, always puts in a decent shift even when not at his best.
I stand by my assessment, decent shifts in a relegation dogfight doesn`t cut it for me unfortunately, gave away the penalty, squandered our only clear cut chance and booked for diving Saturday, yet, will be playing against Villa.
His performance on Saturday was abject, on that we can agree. But so were most of the rest. I will give Areola a pass because imo he had no chance with any of the goalsm and Ogbonna who I fely along with Emerson of the outfield players were the only ones who didn't utterly disgrace themselves at the weekend. But does Bowen warrant dropping more than the rest of the spineless rabble we saw on Saturday ? It's a sorry state of affairs but I would prefer a shit Bowen who at least works hard to a shit Paqueta, to name one, who doesn't.

And of course, bearing in mind Moyes reluctance to use youngsters, if he is dropped who comes in to replace him ? And if we're relying on players putting in a decent shift in a relegation dogfight-----we're doomed.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Frustrating player that spends more time on his arse than upright in matches.
Another bad decision maker as well unfortunately.

Shame I quite like the lad tbh.

garnett

Post by garnett »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:19 am
garnett wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:04 am

I stand by my assessment, decent shifts in a relegation dogfight doesn`t cut it for me unfortunately, gave away the penalty, squandered our only clear cut chance and booked for diving Saturday, yet, will be playing against Villa.
His performance on Saturday was abject, on that we can agree. But so were most of the rest. I will give Areola a pass because imo he had no chance with any of the goalsm and Ogbonna who I fely along with Emerson of the outfield players were the only ones who didn't utterly disgrace themselves at the weekend. But does Bowen warrant dropping more than the rest of the spineless rabble we saw on Saturday ? It's a sorry state of affairs but I would prefer a shit Bowen who at least works hard to a shit Paqueta, to name one, who doesn't.

And of course, bearing in mind Moyes reluctance to use youngsters, if he is dropped who comes in to replace him ? And if we're relying on players putting in a decent shift in a relegation dogfight-----we're doomed.
Its looking like we will have another option who Gonzo seems to think will be our life saver, cornet, I disagree with his assessment but am convinced he will be on sooner than later in place of Benrahma regardless of on day performance, and you`re right we are doomed.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

garnett wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:20 am
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:19 am

Its looking like we will have another option who Gonzo seems to think will be our life saver, cornet, I disagree with his assessment but am convinced he will be on sooner than later in place of Benrahma regardless of on day performance, and you`re right we are doomed.
Yep if Cornet is going to get a decent chance then it should be at Bowen’s expense .

Been shit for how long ?
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:27 am
garnett wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:20 am

Yep if Cornet is going to get a decent chance then it should be at Bowen’s expense .

Been shit for how long ?
Good against Everton and Forest. And Wolves before the WC break. All teams struggling at the time. Piss poor for most of the rest of the season tbh apart from a few brief nuggets here and there.

Either the England caps have gone to his head or shagging Dani Dyer has worn the cunt out. It would me, :lol:

McDullard will stick with him though, it's what he does.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

palerider wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:33 am
Newmarket wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:27 am

Been shit for how long ?
Good against Everton and Forest. And Wolves before the WC break. All teams struggling at the time. Piss poor for most of the rest of the season tbh apart from a few brief nuggets here and there.

Either the England caps have gone to his head or shagging Dani Dyer has worn the cunt out. It would me, :lol:

Head down , lack of awareness, greedy cunt .

Numbers wasn’t wrong .
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:39 am
palerider wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:33 am

Head down , lack of awareness, greedy cunt .

Numbers wasn’t wrong .
Never used to be greedy.