Soucek - Goals next season

Chat about anything football related here!
garnett

Re: Soucek - Goals next season

Post by garnett »

Afternoon, didn't get to see the game Sunday so I get a rest from being called a plastic for giving an honest unbiased opinion.
But, all this knackered bollocks, I just had my first weeks break in the sun for 18 months, I felt fucked working 6 days a week 12 hours a day and my break was fully deserved.
Footballers won't get any sympathy from me, don't care who they are or play for.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:01 pm It's plainly obvious that he's fucking knackered. The majority of the goals he scored last year were poachers goals. Arriving late in the box.
Give him a rest ffs!
His mate Kral needs to step up to the plate.
He has a lot to prove, because let's face it, he was shite at the Euro's.
Personally I think the Kral signing was a crowd pleaser to deflect the glaringly obvious fact that we needed a striker.
Soucek needs a rest it's blatantly obvious ( should have come off in the Zagred match , but Come on BB , Kral hasn't been given a chance yet ( for some reason ) so your way out of line saying he needs to STEP UP .
As far as the Euro's go a lot of players were not at their best , even Vlasic wasn't in anyway shape or form anything but average .
As for Kral being a crowd pleaser to deflect from the fact we didn't get a striker is not obvious to me , as we needed a midfielder . Would he have been my choice ? No , but that's just a personal thing ( I would have gone and got Teun Koopmeiners ) .

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Clayton wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:55 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:01 pm It's plainly obvious that he's fucking knackered. The majority of the goals he scored last year were poachers goals. Arriving late in the box.
Give him a rest ffs!
His mate Kral needs to step up to the plate.
He has a lot to prove, because let's face it, he was shite at the Euro's.
Personally I think the Kral signing was a crowd pleaser to deflect the glaringly obvious fact that we needed a striker.
Soucek needs a rest it's blatantly obvious ( should have come off in the Zagred match , but Come on BB , Kral hasn't been given a chance yet ( for some reason ) so your way out of line saying he needs to STEP UP .
As far as the Euro's go a lot of players were not at their best , even Vlasic wasn't in anyway shape or form anything but average .
As for Kral being a crowd pleaser to deflect from the fact we didn't get a striker is not obvious to me , as we needed a midfielder . Would he have been my choice ? No , but that's just a personal thing ( I would have gone and got Teun Koopmeiners ) .

I think my wording could have been better in all honesty Clay.
But I just see Kral as being a sort of add on if you like, to boost the numbers. Personally from what I've seen of the fella he's been dreadful. Even before the Euro's he looked leggy and woefully out of touch. The Euro's did nothing for him to change my mind, where he was used mainly as a sub. Obviously the Czech manager thought the same way.
Now if that was the case, then why would we go and get him, when we already had Connor Coventry waiting patiently in the wings. As you say koopmeiners would have been a better fit surely.
Obviously I hope I'm wrong and I sincerely hope Kral does the business, but from what I've seen of him do far, I may have a long wait.
There are twice as many midfielders to choose from than there are strikers and as shown yesterday we are heavily reliant on Antonio. We desperately needed a striker this year, but as usual ( in my eyes at least) we got an unnecessary bit part player to add to the numbers rather than shell out for what was really needed.
They didn't need to break the bank and do a Haller or a Anderson, but imho they needed to add to the money they spent on Kral to fill the void.
All that said, like every player that joins us, I hope he does well and turns out to be a great player for us, starting with those mancs in the cup.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:47 pm

But I just see Kral as being a sort of add on if you like, to boost the numbers. Personally from what I've seen of the fella he's been dreadful. Even before the Euro's he looked leggy and woefully out of touch. The Euro's did nothing for him to change my mind, where he was used mainly as a sub. Obviously the Czech manager thought the same way.
Now if that was the case, then why would we go and get him, when we already had Connor Coventry waiting patiently in the wings. As you say koopmeiners would have been a better fit surely.
Obviously I hope I'm wrong and I sincerely hope Kral does the business, but from what I've seen of him do far, I may have a long wait.
There are twice as many midfielders to choose from than there are strikers and as shown yesterday we are heavily reliant on Antonio. We desperately needed a striker this year, but as usual ( in my eyes at least) we got an unnecessary bit part player to add to the numbers rather than shell out for what was really needed.
They didn't need to break the bank and do a Haller or a Anderson, but imho they needed to add to the money they spent on Kral to fill the void.
All that said, like every player that joins us, I hope he does well and turns out to be a great player for us, starting with those mancs in the cup.
The striker situation is dire, Antonio out and we are well and truly fucked.

Yesterday we played Bowen up front, for fucks sake he hasn't scored in his last 12 PL matches, and only created 2 assists. Why was he played there? We all know the answer to that.....

Antonio will miss at least another 10 matches this season through injury, let's hope it's after the January window opens so we can say we had a chance to bring someone in, even just on loan. As for saying Popeye will only bring in players he likes.....for those who forgot.....he was the one who brought in Hugill.

Either let the youngsters, who are strikers step up and give them a chance or get someone in, or, we are in for a very difficult season.
To rely on Bowen is without doubt fucking ridiculous.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

andyginbrasil wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:38 pm

The striker situation is dire, Antonio out and we are well and truly fucked.

Yesterday we played Bowen up front, for fucks sake he hasn't scored in his last 12 PL matches, and only created 2 assists. Why was he played there? We all know the answer to that.....

Antonio will miss at least another 10 matches this season through injury, let's hope it's after the January window opens so we can say we had a chance to bring someone in, even just on loan. As for saying Popeye will only bring in players he likes.....for those who forgot.....he was the one who brought in Hugill.

Either let the youngsters, who are strikers step up and give them a chance or get someone in, or, we are in for a very difficult season.
To rely on Bowen is without doubt fucking ridiculous.
I think you've hit the nail on the head with your loan comment Andy. It was always going to be difficult to bring in a PL quality striker as cover for Antonio but I'm sure there are loanees, like the Chelsea kid who nearly scored against us at Southampton, who could have come in and done a decent job as a back up. I wouldn't totally blame Bowen for yesterday's performance I thought the service to him was not up to our normal standard, and Fornals and Benrahma looked below par in support of him, probably understandable as both played on Thursday.

I'd like to see Okoflex and Nevers given a run in the Mickey Mouse tie. What's to lose throwing them in to see what they look like in a first team situation.?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

I totally agree with your sentiments concerning the lack of a striker , hopefully Antonio can stay fit till the January window and Moyes brings one in out of the blue .

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Clayton wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:57 pm

I totally agree with your sentiments concerning the lack of a striker , hopefully Antonio can stay fit till the January window and Moyes brings one in out of the blue .
Hands up all those that reckon Moyes will sign a striker in January :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

Post by 9898 »

Hee-haw, hee-haw
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

9898 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:01 pmHee-haw, hee-haw
Good night Sir! shakeass shakeass
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Anyone else thinks that numbnuts sounds like a donkey when he's tugging himself off......and only two tugs ...bless him