Soucek - Goals next season

Chat about anything football related here!
Clayton

Re: Soucek - Goals next season

Post by Clayton »

terrya1965 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:34 am
Clayton wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:24 am

SO YOU DON'T THINK IT CAN BE IMPROVED UPON ?
Thought the whole idea behind competition was to improve , and to progress .
I just said we could...Tell me who works harder than him? .See a lot of fans,only look at the the bits of skill,they don't look at the work rate of a player.

Rice has improved because of having Soucek with him..He wouldn't have done with Noble being there,because of his energy..

If we want somebody with Soucek's workrate and plus the creative side,we'd have to play a lot of money for it mate.

I don't disagree withyou,we have to improve in all areas if we are going to get better and compete with the very best.
I didn't say Soucek was a poor player I just said he has looked limited recently when Rice gets forward ( which he is doing more and more ) .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:21 am
Clayton wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:26 am

Will say we need to change it up in midfield now being as Rice's ability all round has made him more of a box to box player , personally I would prefer to see a playmaking/ballplaying defensive midfielder next to Rice now . Soucek isn't a poor player just think he is limited in ability when Rice makes those forward runs , but no way should we sell him . We need to bring in better players Striker , DM , CB and LB ( still think this position is a priority ) to progress to give the current squad competition , especially now that we are looking to build on this season .

Some of our fans seem to think we are a City,Liverpool,Man U or a Chelsea?Then there is Arsenal and Spurs,whose finances are so much bigger than ours?
You obviously haven't seen Spurs latest financial report Terry. :lol:

And read between the lines of Conte's post match comments about being "happy to stay for now" and see if you think he might already be planning an exit strategy. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:10 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:34 am

I just said we could...Tell me who works harder than him? .See a lot of fans,only look at the the bits of skill,they don't look at the work rate of a player.

Rice has improved because of having Soucek with him..He wouldn't have done with Noble being there,because of his energy..

If we want somebody with Soucek's workrate and plus the creative side,we'd have to play a lot of money for it mate.

I don't disagree withyou,we have to improve in all areas if we are going to get better and compete with the very best.
I didn't say Soucek was a poor player I just said he has looked limited recently when Rice gets forward ( which he is doing more and more ) .
Limited ? Or possibly adapting to a slightly more defensive minded role to compensate for Rice being more adventurous.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Towie

Post by Towie »

goodpost:)
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Post by 9898 »

Cannot pass for toffee.
Runs a lot.......................... at a very slow pace.
I did tell you that his goals would dry up and people would be calling for him to get dropped. Hate being correct on this one but I just can't help it.

I'll tell you boys and girls something else for nothing.
The Czech experiment - Soucek, Coufal, Kral - will end up being a total flop.
Soucek is poor. Coufal is doing a'Schemel (one season wonder). kral is meh.
All leave or be sold at a loss and none will be regulars in the team in 12 months.

Should scout the lower leagues instead of this foreign obsession.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

9898 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:36 pm Cannot pass for toffee.
I did tell you that his goals would dry up and people would be calling for him to get dropped. Hate being correct on this one but I just can't help it.

All leave or be sold at a loss and none will be regulars in the team in 12 months.

Rice and Soucek are playing slightly different roles this season,but you obviously haven't noticed that,have you?

So Moyes is doing a better job than we first thought then?

Bloody hell lads,we have been doing it with just 10 men in our team too.

The most amazing coincidence though,since Soucek joined,we have conceded a lot less goals and scored a lot more too.

I remember the times when Noble and Rice were sitting in the middle of our midfield and we were getting whacked 5 or 6 in our OWN back yard...Quite obvious that our friend 9898 can't remember that far back.

FACT..Since Soucek has taken his place in our midfield,we have conceded 4 goals on just ONE occasion..Guess what?It's the only game he has missed.(4-1 v Everton,League Cup last season).I REST MY CASE.

Post by 9898 »

terrya1965 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:53 pm
9898 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:36 pm Cannot pass for toffee.

Rice and Soucek are playing slightly different roles this season,but you obviously haven't noticed that,have you?

The most amazing coincidence though,since Soucek joined,we have conceded a lot less goals and scored a lot more too.

I remember the times when Noble and Rice were sitting in the middle of our midfield and we were getting whacked 5 or 6 in our OWN back yard...Quite obvious that our friend 9898 can't remember that far back.

FACT..Since Soucek has taken his place in our midfield,we have conceded 4 goals on just ONE occasion..Guess what?It's the only game he has missed.(4-1 v Everton,League Cup last season).I REST MY CASE.
Terry, I'm really annoyed at you today. I give you a free pass because you seem ok, but you abuse it by writing, or reciting for someone else to write, that pile of old .....
I'm not going to turn a blind eye this time. If you let a child keep getting away with being naughty they will go further and further as they have no self awareness of where the boundaries lie.

Regarding Moyes achievements. We are 3 points above Arsenal. 4 points above Wolves and Spurs. 6 points above Brighton. Now we lose to Man City and they win then we are barely above them. Many of those teams fans have been angry at their seasons work. Stop listening to the media who want to bum up little West Ham as they tend to pick an underdog to OVERHYPE every season.
Reality. We won a Europa group that is without doubt the WORST I have ever seen. That team we played last night were non league standard. See how we get on against the proper teams before shouting from the roof tops.
Wait and see where we end up before lauding Moyes.
Moyes was, is, always will be a poor manager. Throughout time teams have moments when things go right, through no reason of the manager or players, we have had. It will end soon.

Souceks different role? Is he told to get the ball and pass it straight into touch?? Is he told to miss one on ones all season? If he had this new defensive role you have made up in your mind, what was he doing in the penalty area, one on one (which he missed. Again) last night? Is that the job of a defensive midfielder? Is he told to plod about the pitch a yard behind the game? Is he told to only score ONE goal all season?
He is being shown for what he is. A plodding Eastern European footballer. Hate to tell you, but if you're still playing in the Czech league at 24, you ain't all that.
He is similar in ability to Kovak. Did you rate him?

Soucek the reason we ain't conceding?? Now that is funny. Arsenal went on an unbeaten run when Naitland Miles got in the team. Is he world class?? Was he, a championship player, the reason they had the unbeaten run?

You need to stop reciting your posts through emotion and think.

Fact. I told you what would happen with Soucek and Coufal. I told you what would happen Zouma and Diop. I told you what would happen with Antonio.
Now I am telling you to stop shouting about West Ham from the rooftops to your Sours/arsenal/Chelsea supporting mates as you will end up with serious egg on your face. Fact.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

9898 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:47 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:53 pm

Terry, I'm really annoyed at you today. I give you a free pass because you seem ok, but you abuse it by writing, or reciting for someone else to write, that pile of old .....
I'm not going to turn a blind eye this time. If you let a child keep getting away with being naughty they will go further and further as they have no self awareness of where the boundaries lie.

Regarding Moyes achievements. We are 3 points above Arsenal. 4 points above Wolves and Spurs. 6 points above Brighton. Now we lose to Man City and they win then we are barely above them. Many of those teams fans have been angry at their seasons work. Stop listening to the media who want to bum up little West Ham as they tend to pick an underdog to OVERHYPE every season.
Reality. We won a Europa group that is without doubt the WORST I have ever seen. That team we played last night were non league standard. See how we get on against the proper teams before shouting from the roof tops.
Moyes was, is, always will be a poor manager. Throughout time teams have moments when things go right, through no reason of the manager or players, we have had. It will end soon.

Souceks different role? Is he told to get the ball and pass it straight into touch?? Is he told to miss one on ones all season? If he had this new defensive role you have made up in your mind, what was he doing in the penalty area, one on one (which he missed. Again) last night? Is that the job of a defensive midfielder? Is he told to plod about the pitch a yard behind the game? Is he told to only score ONE goal all season?
He is being shown for what he is. A plodding Eastern European footballer. Hate to tell you, but if you're still playing in the Czech league at 24, you ain't all that.

Soucek the reason we ain't conceding?? Now that is funny. Arsenal went on an unbeaten run when Naitland Miles got in the team. Is he world class?? Was he, a championship player, the reason they had the unbeaten run?

Fact. I told you what would happen with Soucek and Coufal. I told you what would happen Zouma and Diop. I told you what would happen with Antonio.
Now I am telling you to stop shouting about West Ham from the rooftops to your Sours/arsenal/Chelsea supporting mates as you will end up with serious egg on your face. Fact.
You are always entitled to your opinion and you will be pleased to know,I quite like hearing it too.

Like I have said,you do make some good points,that are food for thought.

With Soucek,the proof is in the pudding.Since he has signed,West Ham are a lot better team.I think your right,that he dosen't do anything too spectacular,but he sure makes things tougher for the opposition.We don't get murdered any more.(hope I don't speak tooo soon,we got City and Chelsea coming up)

Have Arsenal been has consistent has us in the last 18 months?Just because they had a good month beating average teams dosen't mean anything.Even we had purple patches every season before Moysie came...Now we have them ALL the time..We are consistent and we are in the TOP 4 in the last year for that,not just a month like Arsenal.Soon got a hiding when they faced a decent side.

By rights,we shouldn't be anywhere near the Top 6,even 7...8th or 9th should be considered has decent and slightly over Par.

I don't shout from the rooftops mate.Never have..Not my style..My big mouth Chelsea mate said,"You are a shitty little club,that we'll eat for breakfast"...I said "Yeah,but we are not funded by a corrupt multi billionaire,you should beat us easily,but this shitty little club,with our huge brilliant support is up there competing with you in the last few years and I couldn't be prouder".

All the players you have been so sh*t for us,this season,ain't they?The last time I looked,we were 4th in the League.We smashed Europa League qualification and are in the Quarter Finals of the League Cup knocking out the favorites and another big club(who were on a great run at the time) too.It's a team game mate.That's not too shoddy.

All I can say,you must be a very very difficult person to please with your non stop criticism of our club.Maybe you should go and look at the rest outside the Top 3 and say,"I am proud to be a Hammer..The past 18 months have been more than I could ever dream about "

It's a forum though and your entitled to your say,like anybody is.

Post by 9898 »

terrya1965 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:19 pm
9898 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:47 pm

You are always entitled to your opinion and you will be pleased to know,I quite like hearing it too.

Like I have said,you do make some good points,that are food for thought.

With Soucek,the proof is in the pudding.Since he has signed,West Ham are a lot better team.I think your right,that he dosen't do anything too spectacular,but he sure makes things tougher for the opposition.We don't get murdered any more.(hope I don't speak tooo soon,we got City and Chelsea coming up)

Have Arsenal been has consistent has us in the last 18 months?Just because they had a good month beating average teams dosen't mean anything.Even we had purple patches every season before Moysie came...Now we have them ALL the time..We are consistent and we are in the TOP 4 in the last year for that,not just a month like Arsenal.Soon got a hiding when they faced a decent side.

By rights,we shouldn't be anywhere near the Top 6,even 7...8th or 9th should be considered has decent and slightly over Par.

I don't shout from the rooftops mate.Never have..Not my style..My big mouth Chelsea mate said,"You are a shitty little club,that we'll eat for breakfast"...I said "Yeah,but we are not funded by a corrupt multi billionaire,you should beat us easily,but this shitty little club,with our huge brilliant support is up there competing with you in the last few years and I couldn't be prouder".

All the players you have been so sh*t for us,this season,ain't they?The last time I looked,we were 4th in the League.We smashed Europa League qualification and are in the Quarter Finals of the League Cup knocking out the favorites and another big club(who were on a great run at the time) too.It's a team game mate.That's not too shoddy.

All I can say,you must be a very very difficult person to please with your non stop criticism of our club.Maybe you should go and look at the rest outside the Top 3 and say,"I am proud to be a Hammer..The past 18 months have been more than I could ever dream about "

It's a forum though and your entitled to your say,like anybody is.
You fail to reply tob he points I posted.
For instance, if Soucek is playing under instructions as a defensive midfielder, as you imply, how come he has missed numerous one on ones this season?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

D7D542CA-8921-4053-955E-60F9B799A3CF.gif
D7D542CA-8921-4053-955E-60F9B799A3CF.gif (876.13 KiB) Viewed 1150 times
Bring back Jonathon !