Our fans reaction to our Team taking the knee

Chat about anything football related here!
Flairon

Re: Our fans reaction to our Team taking the knee

Post by Flairon »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:51 pm
Flairon wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:48 pm

Did I miss something but where did it say the the England games will not be shown?

They are certainly being shown at the Trafalgar Square Fan Zone.
That paragraph is no longer in the article. I wonder if cunt Khan has upset enough people to back down ?
Well I can certainly understand a statement such as that would indeed upset quite a few people.
Flairon

Ironworksfc

Take the knee

Post by Ironworksfc »

I'm heading towards no interest in top flight football with this continuation of Marxist bullshit knee taking

Fully supported kick it out, but fuck right off with this bullshit going on now.
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

Whiskyman

Re: Take the knee

Post by Whiskyman »

Ironworksfc wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:39 pm I'm heading towards no interest in top flight football with this continuation of Marxist bullshit knee taking

Fully supported kick it out, but fuck right off with this bullshit going on now.
So why not ignore the ritual, which I agree has become a pointless piece of posturing, and just watch the game once it starts ? My personal love of the game of football saw me put up with all the shit football fans (proper ones, not the bovver booted, shaven headed morons who masqueraded as such in the 70s) had to put up with in the past , that I am capable of ignoring 10 seconds or so of a pointless charade prior to watching a game.

But if you genuinely can't do that and still enjoy watching the matches you can watch live games from all the major leagues in Europe without having to witness the pointless spectacle.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Towie

Post by Towie »

Plenty people applauding yesterday, and didn’t hear any booing at least around where I was sitting.

Seems only some associate it as a Marxist political symbol.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Towie wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:19 am Plenty people applauding yesterday, and didn’t hear any booing at least around where I was sitting.

I'm one of them.

I didn't applaud it or boo it. But it appears to be here to stay.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Stay on the concourse till after kick off or arrive later as we do.
Was told plenty of booing and backs turned in our area.

Towie

Post by Towie »

palerider wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:36 am
Towie wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:19 am Plenty people applauding yesterday, and didn’t hear any booing at least around where I was sitting.

I'm one of them.

I didn’t applaud or boo either, However I think people give to much credit to footballers for having some intelligence to think they would do it as a political gesture.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Towie wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:03 am
palerider wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:36 am

I'm one of them.

I didn’t applaud or boo either, However I think people give to much credit to footballers for having some intelligence to think they would do it as a political gesture.
I think it reinforces the idea that kneeling on someone is a pretty quick way of subduing someone once you get them on the ground. I bet that gesture has inspired that restraining technique 100 fold and will continue to do so. Quite the opposite of the intention.

But people who like to adopt metoo# gestures are too thick to see the natural ramifications of their actions. Those that applaud the gesture and endorse the practise are guilty of being dozy cunts also.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

We're in BML and no booing that I could hear and plenty of people applauding (and not).

As others have said, if you don't like it that's your prerogative, just go to your seat 30 seconds after KO

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

How come the 2 teams don't stand facing each other and do a stabbing motion? More black kids, and white, have died that way than having old bill kneeling on their necks. Just asking.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............