Our fans reaction to our Team taking the knee

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Re: Our fans reaction to our Team taking the knee

Post by palerider »

JayK wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:35 pm
palerider wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:00 am

My Mum was Italian. I tan easily. Spent all my life being ribbed. Was called the Indian kid at school. My mates have, for as long as I remember, called me DB. Which stands for dago bastard.

Maybe I should sue the governament.
You’re not Indian? 😳
:lol:

Only when claiming my benefits.

JayK

Post by JayK »

palerider wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:27 am
JayK wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:35 pm

You’re not Indian? 😳

Only when claiming my benefits.
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

This pretty much sums up why the media are still backing the knee taking mullarkey imo. The problem is they fear that if the knee taking stops the idiots mentioned in the article will claim it as some sort of victory. And this is in the Mail FFS,. Hardly a bastion of leftist thinking. :lol: :lol: :lol:

This does seem to be a particularly English problem. Fucked if I know why.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... ancer.html
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:01 am This pretty much sums up why the media are still backing the knee taking mullarkey imo. The problem is they fear that if the knee taking stops the idiots mentioned in the article will claim it as some sort of victory. And this is in the Mail FFS,. Hardly a bastion of leftist thinking. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And this pretty much sums up why they are wrong
B84EB77C-0333-4816-9AB2-A72D569F66BE.jpeg
B84EB77C-0333-4816-9AB2-A72D569F66BE.jpeg (157.99 KiB) Viewed 874 times
B84EB77C-0333-4816-9AB2-A72D569F66BE.jpeg
B84EB77C-0333-4816-9AB2-A72D569F66BE.jpeg (157.99 KiB) Viewed 874 times
Attachments
D50DDAA2-21AC-4EBE-A3B4-7FAA0B649337.jpeg
D50DDAA2-21AC-4EBE-A3B4-7FAA0B649337.jpeg (124.4 KiB) Viewed 874 times
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:38 am
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:01 am This pretty much sums up why the media are still backing the knee taking mullarkey imo. The problem is they fear that if the knee taking stops the idiots mentioned in the article will claim it as some sort of victory. And this is in the Mail FFS,. Hardly a bastion of leftist thinking. :lol: :lol: :lol:

B84EB77C-0333-4816-9AB2-A72D569F66BE.jpegB84EB77C-0333-4816-9AB2-A72D569F66BE.jpeg
Not as articulately written as the other article that was linked on here. But another writer who simply can't resist playing the "class" card. What has a person's social class, even if he happens to think it's important, got to do with the knee taking nonsense ?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:48 am
Newmarket wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:38 am

B84EB77C-0333-4816-9AB2-A72D569F66BE.jpegB84EB77C-0333-4816-9AB2-A72D569F66BE.jpeg
Not as articulately written as the other article that was linked on here. But another writer who simply can't resist playing the "class" card. What has a person's social class, even if he happens to think it's important, got to do with the knee taking nonsense ?
But if you take away the term ‘working class’ and substitute the word ‘ordinary’ ?
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:53 am
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:48 am

But if you take away the term ‘working class’ and substitute the word ‘ordinary’ ?
Thing that always puzzles me is this. The lot that bang on about race, inequality and all the other stuff claim they want equality. And yet in the next breath they're talking about "black community", "asian community" and so on. If equality is what they're after wouldn't there just be a community ? That community would be an inclusive one, containing all shapes , sizes----and colours.

And as I've banged on about before I honestly haven't got a clue why some people are so obsessed with compartmentalising people into social classes. I get it in history books. If you worked at t'mill during the industrial revolution or spent all day ploughing a field you were seen in a different light to the bloke who owned the mill or the farmer paying you a few coppers for your efforts. But it's 2021 now FFS. ;)

palerider

Post by palerider »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:21 am
Newmarket wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:53 am

Thing that always puzzles me is this. The lot that bang on about race, inequality and all the other stuff claim they want equality. And yet in the next breath they're talking about "black community", "asian community" and so on. If equality is what they're after wouldn't there just be a community ? That community would be an inclusive one, containing all shapes , sizes----and colours.

And as I've banged on about before I honestly haven't got a clue why some people are so obsessed with compartmentalising people into social classes. I get it in history books. If you worked at t'mill during the industrial revolution or spent all day ploughing a field you were seen in a different light to the bloke who owned the mill or the farmer paying you a few coppers for your efforts. But it's 2021 now FFS. ;)
It's all about a cause Whisky.

For as long as I can remember there's been piss takes in one shape or form. I spoke to a black screw about him being nicknamed Chalky once and he said it was only racist if the recipient was offended by it. Which he wasn't. In the same way that the Irish have been labelled thick, the Jocks tight or the Welsh preferring a woollier type of sex. The same as me being called a dago.

A close friend of mine, a real neo-liberalist has a bee in his bonnet atm about the booing. Yet 20 years ago he would call another mate of ours, from Guyana, the Darkie. It's hypocritical in the nth degree.

Pampered black PL tarts on 150k a week having a hissy fit about inequality is a bit rich when there are hundreds of thousands of white people in this country living on or below the bread line.

The fault of all this bollocks is social media. With covid a catalyst for bored tossers looking for something to moan about. Do many of the players taking a knee really give a flying fart about why they're doing it ? They're more afraid of some lettuce eating student from Bristol condemning them on Twitter if they don't than an Asian nurse who's working 90 hours a week ffs.

Back in the 70's, Clyde Best was racially abused by Billy Bremner in a game. Instead of whinging about it he rammed a finger into Bremner's eye while the ref had his back turned. It's what we did back then.

World's going to hell in a fucking handcart and it's about time someone in power said enough is enough.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:41 am
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:21 am

For as long as I can remember there's been piss takes in one shape or form. I spoke to a black screw about him being nicknamed Chalky once and he said it was only racist if the recipient was offended by it. Which he wasn't. In the same way that the Irish have been labelled thick, the Jocks tight or the Welsh preferring a woollier type of sex. The same as me being called a dago.

A close friend of mine, a real neo-liberalist has a bee in his bonnet atm about the booing. Yet 20 years ago he would call another mate of ours, from Guyana, the Darkie. It's hypocritical in the nth degree.

Pampered black PL tarts on 150k a week having a hissy fit about inequality is a bit rich when there are hundreds of thousands of white people in this country living on or below the bread line.

The fault of all this bollocks is social media. With covid a catalyst for bored tossers looking for something to moan about. Do many of the players taking a knee really give a flying fart about why they're doing it ? They're more afraid of some lettuce eating student from Bristol condemning them on Twitter if they don't than an Asian nurse who's working 90 hours a week ffs.

Back in the 70's, Clyde Best was racially abused by Billy Bremner in a game. Instead of whinging about it he rammed a finger into Bremner's eye while the ref had his back turned. It's what we did back then.

World's going to hell in a fucking handcart and it's about time someone in power said enough is enough.
All very well blaming "social media" mate. But what is social media ? It's you and me. Same in many ways as the argument in the USA over the right to bear arms . It's not guns that kill, it's the people who own them. So it's not "social media's" fault, it's us lot who drive the fucking thing. Which is I guess why the people in power are actually powerless to do anything about it. There have always been cunts and there will always be cunts.
Last edited by Whiskyman on Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:53 am
palerider wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:41 am

All very well blaming "social media" mate. But what is social media ? It's you and me. Same in many ways as the argument in the USA over the right to bear arms . It's not guns that kill, it's the people who own them. So it's not "social media's" fault, it's us lot who drive the fucking thing. ;)
True. I should have expanded my comment with 'people who trawl social media looking for a cause'.

Much like your anti Bubbles campaign.

Bubbleist.