WEBSITE NOTICE

Chat about anything football related here!
Gonzo

WEBSITE NOTICE

Post by Gonzo »

First of all apologies for the site being down during the last 24 hours.

The short story is that the website now contains so many threads, links, pictures and cached data that we've outgrown our home server which was shared.

The hosting company did not give us any warning and literally pulled the plug from underneath us.

Myself and JPHammer spend half the day and an evening trying to sort it out last night and we will have to take it offline again to migrate to a new server

Our costs have now gone from about £50 a year to £35 pm which is a right stinger.

I've tried to keep adverts off the site for a while and left the West Ham video bar at the top rather than an advert but in reality I'll have to try and generate some funds.

Clearly this must be a free to use site but I'm also not in a position to fund £400 each year from Mrs Gonzo's holiday fund so I'll reintroduce the ad banner at the top and side. I'll ensure no adverts obscure the page and anything that makes it jump around too much will be ditched instantly.

That being said I'm confident of covering the costs in this way and as a result the website should run a lot smoother and we'll have our own dedicated server with the upgraded app on it too.

Thanks for your patience as always, yesterday was a massive learning curve for me and extremely frustrating considering I was communicating with someone who only spoke coding jargon.

Cheers

1985whu

Re: WEBSITE NOTICE

Post by 1985whu »

Cheers for all your efforts Gonzo and others. It's appreciated mate.

belfasthammer

Post by belfasthammer »

Do one of those funding thingies Sorted lol Pledging a crisp £20

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

Keep your money in your pocket Peter but thank you my friend (been wearing your T-shirt btw).

I'm confident of getting £30 pm with ads in the margins, just got a bit of a shock yesterday that's all.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

More than happy to contribute, there is no such thing a free lunch...

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Good to have the site up and running again guys ;) . Got to say I no nothing about how servers and hosting companies work , but that seems a hefty financial increase to go from £50.00 annually to £35.00 a month .
I suppose it just shows how successful the forum has become , and it is all down to the effort of you guys . Keep up the brilliant work !

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Bout time !

I’ll rent me Arse out if it helps mein Fuhrer :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

I got this email this morning.

'Dearest Pale.

I know you love this site and take esteemed pleasure in telling 221167 he is a bad man. I have read this many times and agree that this man is evil ju-ju and should be castrated forthwith.

Site was down yesterday as people who run it are greed-filled individuals who God will judge in time but for this moment to get things as they were I need money to help.

If you agree to pay sum of £500 to Gonzo Enterprises Bank of Lagos, Sort Code 18-14-37, Account number 769110 with immediate pleasure I will be able to do fine things and will repay you money plus extra £250 on Friday this week.'

Is this from you Kris ?'

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Top work lads :)
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

BoleynBadges

Post by BoleynBadges »

more then happy to contribute to pay for the upkeep of this fine sites