payet

Chat about anything football related here!
BlackDiamond

Re: payet

Post by BlackDiamond »

I'm pretty confident that any possibility of a transfer would have already leaked through social media.

People can only resist using whatscrap and snapcrap for so long...

Towie

Post by Towie »

There a lot of conspiracy theories on here tonight.

I am gutted about last night, but we have not turned into a bad team or club overnight.

One defeat and some go way overboard. one win and some will claim we are going to win the league/

Remember we are not Spuds.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

JayK

Post by JayK »

BillyDWhizz wrote:
JayK wrote:I dunno if it's written anywhere else but I heard a couple of rumours today.

1. Payet off to real
2. Juventus in a Zaza plus cash for Payet

Hopefully neither are true but bit weird him not being at the game I think.
Didn't Real's appeal fail recently and so are currently serving a 2 window transfer ban?

Juve could be a possibility I suppose, but there would be a literal riot. Can't see even Sully being that naive...(He says hopefully)
Real bought that striker back didn't they. Morata or whatever his name was.

Juve got 100 mil from the Pogba deal and maybe need a replacement? I know they also bought Higuain but still some of that 100 left
COYI!!!

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

JayK wrote:
BillyDWhizz wrote:
Didn't Real's appeal fail recently and so are currently serving a 2 window transfer ban?

Juve could be a possibility I suppose, but there would be a literal riot. Can't see even Sully being that naive...(He says hopefully)

Juve got 100 mil from the Pogba deal and maybe need a replacement? I know they also bought Higuain but still some of that 100 left
I think they activated that buy back clause before the final appeal hearing over their suspended transfer ban. I'm like 51% certain they are currently under a transfer embargo and can't sign anyone over the age of 23 or summat for 2 windows.

Still not convinced there's any truth to the Juve rumour either. They've blown all the Pogba money already + a good deal more (Pjanic & Pjaca) and even they'd have to think twice about stumping up our asking price for a player of Payet's age - Assuming the board were being truthful about valuing him at £60 odd million.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

JayK

Post by JayK »

BillyDWhizz wrote:
JayK wrote:

I think they activated that buy back clause before the final appeal hearing over their suspended transfer ban. I'm like 51% certain they are currently under a transfer embargo and can't sign anyone over the age of 23 or summat for 2 windows.

Still not convinced there's any truth to the Juve rumour either. They've blown all the Pogba money already + a good deal more (Pjanic & Pjaca) and even they'd have to think twice about stumping up our asking price for a player of Payet's age - Assuming the board were being truthful about valuing him at £60 odd million.
Fair enough. I can't think of anyone else joining them so you could be right.

I hope it's just a rumour
COYI!!!

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

palerider wrote:We'll have a better idea if he doesn't feature at all at City.

Just because a player isn't at a game doesn't necessarily mean anything and there are bound to be rumours doing the rounds.
Payet will be on the bench , so too Lanzini. Billic knows the chances of us getting something from this game with the form City are showing is remote! He will be recalled into the French team next week and that will get him sharper for us when he returns! Billic would rather save him for after the international break rather than risk him against rampant City away!! I can see him coming on with 20 mins to play with us 3 -0 behind. Lets face it we haven't found our stride yet this year, which i blame on the preseason globe trotting activities , trying to get fit early for Europa play offs has only lead to a huge injury list to key players.
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

It seems he'll not be risked today, even from the bench. Giving further credence to the speculation he could be making a late exit from the club.

But young Jack has tweeted 'Under no circumstances would my Dad let him leave'.

That's ok then.

Although at his age I used to tell my mates that I was definitely getting a pair of the most expensive football boots on the market for my birthday.

Just saying.

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

With no European football he may think he is better than us, and to be fair he is right, would love him to stay though. The trouble is, if he stays, how long, January, next Summer, I think it is only a case of when not if. :( :(

kinglewy

Post by kinglewy »

I would think if going be will have gone by now, allowing us to use the fortune to strengthen as not enough time left of the window.

Of course there could be a swap deal on the pipeline.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

What would we do with any money from flogging him,we just can't attract the so called "Very Best"
here at the moment.I Honestly think we could have 200mill in the bank,we would still be in
the same position.The "very best just want silverware,and medals......
We have to BUILD a side still,we not able to buy a side yet, Cheats,and Manc Pair.

Selling Dimi ,is like taking the engine out of a Ferrari and putting a Mondeo one in its place.
No Sense.

But if he want's to leave then Bye Bye.

PS.
Sorry to any Mondeo Drivers I may have offended,I'm sure they are very nice cars..........