payet

Chat about anything football related here!
punkrockhammer

Re: payet

Post by punkrockhammer »

After last night they can't allow Payet to go because we clearly have nothing creative without him and will end up in a relegation battle

But on the other hand, who could blame him after watching that shit

Either way, last night was unacceptable and if he goes then the owners and Bilic are going to look even more stupid after all the crowing about keeping him

palerider

Post by palerider »

punkrockhammer wrote:After last night they can't allow Payet to go because we clearly have nothing creative without him and will end up in a relegation battle

But on the other hand, who could blame him after watching that shit

Either way, last night was unacceptable and if he goes then the owners and Bilic are going to look even more stupid after all the crowing about keeping him
Believe me, if the money was right, they'd let him go.

And maybe it couldn't be helped. Payet isn't one to rock the boat. But once a player knows a bigger club are after him it's very difficult to perform at the same level. The old saying of never keep an unhappy player is usually true. A lot will depend on his agent. Whether Real Madrid are that keen. who knows ?

One thing is for certain though. A swap deal involving Zaza plus cash is ludicrous. If last night taught the Chuckles and Bilic anything it's that we are desperately light in creativity. Yet another less than marquee striker won't solve a thing. The new lad Fernandes may be ok, I've never seen him play. But Ashley Fletcher tells me we don't need another striker unless he's top drawer. Which Zaza isn't.

IF Payet leaves, and it would take a lot of money, I'd sooner we signed Juan Mata than Zaza. Because that's the area that really needs addressing.

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

Well Tom's theory concerned him being cup-tied and that's why we're able to buy Zaza for £27m (how much? You've got to be fucking joking) but I doubt that would effect the City game.

I hope he's wrong really do, I don't believe it myself but I would be more than a bit pissed off if it did happen bearing in mind the promises made. I'll keep my powder dry for now but considering our lack of creativity keeping Payet and buying a striker have become vital.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Gonzo wrote:Well Tom's theory concerned him being cup-tied and that's why we're able to buy Zaza for £27m (how much? You've got to be fucking joking) but I doubt that would effect the City game.

I hope he's wrong really do, I don't believe it myself but I would be more than a bit pissed off if it did happen bearing in mind the promises made. I'll keep my powder dry for now but considering our lack of creativity keeping Payet and buying a striker have become vital.
There does indeed appear to be a rumour in Italy that Payet is 'tired of West Ham' and admires the new Juventus manager. And a fee of 30m euros is mentioned. Nothing about a swap deal with Zaza in the piece I read though.

But I'm damned sure something is brewing up behind the scenes. The Antonio business, the signings, the lack of intensity. On Sunday I'd take a 2-0 defeat right now. You cannot, even in difficult away games, sit in with 3 holding midfielders and offer nothing in attack in return. It's Allardyce thinking and asking for a hiding. If Lanzini's on the bench then great. But give Fernandes a go. We have nothing to lose just 3 games in. 2 goals in 48 games hardly fills me with confidence but a youthful energy would add something to that turgid apology for a performance last night.

And if Payet leaves, the club is bigger than any player.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

palerider wrote:
Gonzo wrote:Well Tom's theory concerned him being cup-tied and that's why we're able to buy Zaza for £27m (how much? You've got to be fucking joking) but I doubt that would effect the City game.

There does indeed appear to be a rumour in Italy that Payet is 'tired of West Ham' and admires the new Juventus manager. And a fee of 30m euros is mentioned. Nothing about a swap deal with Zaza in the piece I read though.

But I'm damned sure something is brewing up behind the scenes. The Antonio business, the signings, the lack of intensity. On Sunday I'd take a 2-0 defeat right now. You cannot, even in difficult away games, sit in with 3 holding midfielders and offer nothing in attack in return. It's Allardyce thinking and asking for a hiding. If Lanzini's on the bench then great. But give Fernandes a go. We have nothing to lose just 3 games in. 2 goals in 48 games hardly fills me with confidence but a youthful energy would add something to that turgid apology for a performance last night.

And if Payet leaves, the club is bigger than any player.
How to make a miserable day even worse. And to cap it all its bloody raining outside.

On the bright side, if rumour is true. At least it isn't to Man Ure or Chelski and such like.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

Is starting to feel a bit suspect

Wouldn't be surprised, they're pretty much all a bunch of mercenary cunts
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

irishhammer

Post by irishhammer »

Taansend wrote:
irishhammer wrote:does he not go to the games if not in the team,my feeling is he wont play for west ham again. whufc_crest
Conn, you illiterate half-English cunt. How the devil are you?
i'm good taans,was over for the win against spurs,amazing night,had 3pints in the vic,fish and chips near by,and loads of pints back at the hotel.

MitchFY66

Post by MitchFY66 »

If Payet doesn't start on Sunday, then goes out and plays for France, our fans will be-quite rightfully-fuming!
He's not the messiah! He's a very naughty boy!

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

MitchFY66 wrote:If Payet doesn't start on Sunday, then goes out and plays for France, our fans will be-quite rightfully-fuming!
I think the guy who hosts Hammer & Talk would go absolutely beserk.

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

JayK wrote:I dunno if it's written anywhere else but I heard a couple of rumours today.

1. Payet off to real
2. Juventus in a Zaza plus cash for Payet

Hopefully neither are true but bit weird him not being at the game I think.
Didn't Real's appeal fail recently and so are currently serving a 2 window transfer ban?

Juve could be a possibility I suppose, but there would be a literal riot. Can't see even Sully being that naive...(He says hopefully)
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?