European Football Next season

Chat about anything football related here!

European Football

I would like to see us playing in Europe next season
67%
I would not want us to play European football next season
13%
Lets wait and see at the end of the season
13%
You think I am suffering from mental problems for even thinking of European football
7%

Total votes: 30

andyginbrasil

European Football Next season

Post by andyginbrasil »

At the start of the season I thought we would need a whole season to get to know the Pellegrini football style and integrate the new players bought in. Top 10 and no relegation worries were my only wishes. ..that now looks a reality. European football was way from my mind, but now..... it seems that MrP is seriously looking at that 7th place, he, as our manager, must be confident that we can handle it with the squad we have at present and any new arrivals in the summer. I was watching Gonzo's video the other day and he was talking about European qualification and how much he was against it for next season, if you had asked me 4 or 5 months ago I would of agreed 100% with him, but looking at the bench on Saturday, the players we have out injured, youngsters seriously knocking on the door of the first team squad (and of course the starting 11) we have the serious makings of a real squad, who as proved over the season are able to step up to that starting 11 and put in a performance, we did not have this on our last couple of outings into the world of European football. What with the summer transfer window coming up and given the history of the players that Mr P has brought in this season I feel that we will have a squad to deal with the early stages of the competition without suffering in the league. So for me now its 7th place and European Football next season.

palerider

Re: European Football Next season

Post by palerider »

Option 5

I would like us to scrape into 7th spot so that our season starts on July 12th and we lose to Astra Giorgiou anyway by the end of the month.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

It won’t happen cos I can’t see both Watford AND Wolves fucking themselves up now and if they did Citeh would lose the FA Cup final to Millwall so that 7th meant fuck all.

And even THEN , if miracles DID happen and we DID qualify for Europa ... we would indeed draw Astra Googoo again and that would be that .
Bring back Jonathon !

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:15 pm It won’t happen cos I can’t see both Watford AND Wolves fucking themselves up now and if they did Citeh would lose the FA Cup final to Millwall so that 7th meant fuck all.

And even THEN , if miracles DID happen and we DID qualify for Europa ... we would indeed draw Astra Googoo again and that would be that .
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And there's me thinking I had some sort of mental problem.....but Millwall winning the FA cup..... :shock: :shock:

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

When I look at our resources....said similar stuff on another thread..
Play in an Olympic Stadium...in London.. 50,000+ every game at home...Knocking around the top
20 richest clubs around...can spend 50mill upwards on players if we need to,and pay them
getting near 150 grand a week..well will be soon,Pay a MANAGER 5 Mill a year,which I'm sorry
must be the easiest gig in the world....rocket science it aint,pressure yes,but it's not hard to pick
a team..and set it up, it really isn't(most of us could give it a fair go if we were given the chance),
Early days it's tough,as Pellers story tells you,but when at top table,gets a hole lot easier.

Top 8 is a bare Minimum for me,take the top 6 out,should really only leave Everton,we should be
competing with...Maybe Geordies....under performing bunch or what,similar to us.
Don't get me wrong I like Peller....Like Him ,don't love him yet,done some stuff I've seriously
disagreed with,but think there's a lot of Managers could have got us a 7th finish this year,I see
Peller as the Next Level again,pushing for a CL spot.
He Gets a free one this year cos of Injuries,which have been unbelievable for him,said before
honestly believe we could have pissed 7th with him here this year.

So looked at what we had here and saw 7th written all over it,so will be a disappointment
to me if we don't get it.
If I'm Manager....my team starts the season of as ..."we want CL this year"...
I Think that's what Peller will be Banging into them as well,if dont make it fair enough,but
it musn't be because of not believing you cant do it,you just go out there and win your matches
and it comes.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

I will wait and see how it will happen at the end of the season. If West Ham do go to Europa, would they start in 3rd Qualifying Round in mid-July? Then the China pre-season may be scrapped.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Parry Hotter

Post by Parry Hotter »

Dont think any fans want us not to be playing in europe. If we want to keep the best player and bring good ones in its easier if we offer europe football. Silly question really.

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

I want us to finish as high as possible, if that means Nohopa League then so be it.
I think Pelle's shown us he can get a fine tune out of most of the fiddles he's been handed.
If you look at our squad we could put out 2 decentish sides -- maybe excepting the midfield.

Fabs
Freds
Cress
Diop
Balbuena
Rice
Noble
Antonio
Lanzini
Anderson
Arnautovic

Adrian
Zabaleta
Ogbonna
Reid
Arty/Johnson
Obiang
Sanchez
Yarmolenko
Nasri
Diangana
Hernandez

That second XI isn't going to set the world on fire, but there's some decent quality in there. What will fuck that up is11 injuries by November.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

garnett

Post by garnett »

No preseason, season starts July / August, away days to places you have never wanted to visit, Thursday / Sunday fixtures.

Whats not to like

Caboose

Post by Caboose »

garnett wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:40 am No preseason, season starts July / August, away days to places you have never wanted to visit, Thursday / Sunday fixtures.

Whats not to like
Fucks sake. So youd be happy if best players fucked off because they want europe. And what difference between Thurs-Sun games to Wed-Sat. Same time between games. If we dont want to play in better comps what is the fucking point of clubs like us. We aint going to play in the CL so europas all we hope for. Might as well close down the clubs who aint in the top 6.