China come in for Arnie!!

Chat about anything football related here!
IronsForever

China come in for Arnie!!

Post by IronsForever »

Talk sport announce an opening offer from a club from China for 35 Million . he will treble his wages. Thats all they are saying.
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Whiskyman

Re: China come in for Arnie!!

Post by Whiskyman »

IronsForever wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:12 pm Talk sport announce an opening offer from a club from China for 35 Million . he will treble his wages. Thats all they are saying.
And all the Beef Chow Mein he can handle.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Reeks of Danijel Arnautović.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

redhammer
Site Admin

Post by redhammer »

Not enough dollar. Try again.

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

redhammer wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:44 pm Not enough dollar. Try again.
Not enough for us but would Arnie put a request in to leave for 250 grand a week?
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Olas1

Post by Olas1 »

Lee Clayton has confirmed the bid - he is on a long contract at West Ham yet the salary offered is unbelievable!

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Can't see Arnie really being all that interested in going to China but what this does do is kind of put a gun to the head of the club if he ( by "he", I mean his brother) decides he wants more money.

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:19 pm Can't see Arnie really being all that interested in going to China but what this does do is kind of put a gun to the head of the club if he ( by "he", I mean his brother) decides he wants more money.
Last rumour was 50 mill from the mancs, why would we take less? If they up it north of 50 as much as I'd hate losing Arnie, I'd be tempted to give that money to Pelle & Husillos to find a replacement.
#fuckqatar2022

punkrockhammer

Post by punkrockhammer »

I can see him wanting to go purely for the money because it won’t be a long term deal

Apart from Oscar, most other players are there for a year on megamoney and then take the first chance they have to get back out

I also think the money has slowed down or they’ve realised that players don’t want to stay there long term because there hasn’t been anywhere near as many moving that way in the last couple of windows

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Hammertime wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:35 pm
BillyDWhizz wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:19 pm Can't see Arnie really being all that interested in going to China but what this does do is kind of put a gun to the head of the club if he ( by "he", I mean his brother) decides he wants more money.
Last rumour was 50 mill from the mancs, why would we take less? If they up it north of 50 as much as I'd hate losing Arnie, I'd be tempted to give that money to Pelle & Husillos to find a replacement.
Yeah, rumour being the operative word there. I'm with you, I'd take a £50M deal but as far as I'm aware we've not received any bid worth that much for Arnie from anybody. I doubt anyone is going to pay £50M for him, but as we've seen, someone WILL pay £35M and triple his wages...are WE going to triple his wages? No, we're not, so all of a sudden we've got a minty Arnie who doesn't really care how much the club gets for him as long as he's getting his mega wages. We sold £50M quids worth of Payet for £25M and I can see a similar scenario unfolding here.

We'll just end up getting underpaid in an overpriced January market.