Rice

Chat about anything football related here!
eskimo joe

Re: Rice

Post by eskimo joe »

We heard all this long before the final, after the final we heard the same speach we have heard previously from Rice.

Can't see how Sullivan could be said to have thrown Rice under a bus, only those with the misplaced hope that Rice would now stay,because of the win, might feel that way.

What is interesting though is how is Moyes going to cope without his star man to set up around, and will we get these several players Sullivan craftily alluded to followed by a maybe.

I don't live in hope anymore, hope got over populated. Moved to the suburbs in Let's See.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

LittleHammerton

Post by LittleHammerton »

Incredibly poor timing from Sullivan...couldn't even give it a day before running his mouth ffs....but should we be surprised?!!

To be fair I think everyone from manager to staff have been impeccable over the last few days then in he steps!

For what its worth I think Rice has behaved with a huge amount of class...always says and does the right things. I don't think he is lying to anyone; why is it not possible to 'love' the club and the fans but also want a bit more for yourself in terms of ambition and success?! He knows this is about the height of what we can achieve with these owners.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Sullivan just wants the money from his cash cow before his contract runs even lower. He coulda waited 24hrs before spurting that out. At least let Dec have the victory parade and enjoy the moment before opening up the auction.

And if Dec really is having 2nd thoughts about leaving, go to the board about a small extension on his current contract to see if they share the same ambition and improve the squad in that time.
COYI!!!

Towie

Post by Towie »

LittleHammerton wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:07 am Incredibly poor timing from Sullivan...couldn't even give it a day before running his mouth ffs....but should we be surprised?!!

To be fair I think everyone from manager to staff have been impeccable over the last few days then in he steps!

For what its worth I think Rice has behaved with a huge amount of class...always says and does the right things. I don't think he is lying to anyone; why is it not possible to 'love' the club and the fans but also want a bit more for yourself in terms of ambition and success?! He knows this is about the height of what we can achieve with these owners.
Spot on.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

palerider

Post by palerider »

It looks like the dwarf is playing hardball with Declan and won't budge for anything under 100m which is quite right.

Or of course a player as part of the deal and one mentioned today is Emile Smith-Rowe from the Arse.

Spent last season injured which isn't promising but a bloody good player and one that would fit in nicely with McPep's new brand of free-flowing tippy tappy while the ILS hordes yell 'olé' from the rafters.

Yes, you heard that right, McPep. I firmly believe that success at last for the Scottish maestro has thrown off twenty years of shackles. It will be just like watching Brazil, but must sign off now as there's a couple of blokes with white coats on knocking at the door and I'd better change out of my Attila the Hun outfit before answering.

Hussar !!!

JayK

Post by JayK »

palerider wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:52 am It looks like the dwarf is playing hardball with Declan and won't budge for anything under 100m which is quite right.

Or of course a player as part of the deal and one mentioned today is Emile Smith-Rowe from the Arse.

Spent last season injured which isn't promising but a bloody good player and one that would fit in nicely with McPep's new brand of free-flowing tippy tappy while the ILS hordes yell 'olé' from the rafters.

Yes, you heard that right, McPep. I firmly believe that success at last for the Scottish maestro has thrown off twenty years of shackles. It will be just like watching Brazil, but must sign off now as there's a couple of blokes with white coats on knocking at the door and I'd better change out of my Attila the Hun outfit before answering.

Hussar !!!
I like Smith-Rowe. He’s not the defensive lynchpin in front of the back 4 we need to replace Dec though
COYI!!!

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Could this win give Rice second thoughts about leaving?

JayK

Post by JayK »

terrya1965 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:26 am Could this win give Rice second thoughts about leaving?
Probably. 2nd bite at the Europa league, unfinished business. I think Sullivan wants to cash in on his cash cow regardless though
COYI!!!

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

Now sober

Why on earth would stay? He has champ league football waiting for him and a crack at any leagye he goes too. Good luck to him
Covid in the Boardroom

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

JayK wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:40 am
palerider wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:52 am It looks like the dwarf is playing hardball with Declan and won't budge for anything under 100m which is quite right.

Hussar !!!
I like Smith-Rowe. He’s not the defensive lynchpin in front of the back 4 we need to replace Dec though
No he’s not . He’s the very-often-injured type of player that Arsenal have a history of flogging to us when they have worn out their usefulness.
Avoid.
Bring back Jonathon !