RICE

Chat about anything football related here!
Castiron

Re: RICE

Post by Castiron »

Not bothered either way if he's picked or not. Nothing to prove to me, or any West Ham fans I would think.
Has come on leaps and bounds and shown a maturity on and off the pitch which should be applauded.
He has plenty of years ahead to improve and make his mark, wether that is with us remains to be seen, but I've enjoyed watching him develop either way.

Towie

Re: Is Tuesdays game the crossroads for Rices West Ham career?

Post by Towie »

9898 wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:36 pm We all agree that he has had an atrocious Euros.
He may be dropped for Tuesdays game.
Will Rice feel that his lack of playing in big games has ruined his Euros? Will he feel the Euros has been too big for him and he needs to play in big games in his club career?
To stop anything happening on the transfer front, would you accept an injury, say 3 - 4 months out, so that he is forced to stay?

The Rice situation is a hard one with no correct or incorrect answers.
The only England player to have an atrocious Euros is Kane.

Southgate is the problem, does Rice play his West Ham role in an England shirt? No because Southgate stifles him and the fullbacks.

And as for hoping he gets injured so we can’t sell him makes you an even bigger cunt than I already thought you were.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Castiron wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:26 pm Not bothered either way if he's picked or not. Nothing to prove to me, or any West Ham fans I would think.
Has come on leaps and bounds and shown a maturity on and off the pitch which should be applauded.
He has plenty of years ahead to improve and make his mark, wether that is with us remains to be seen, but I've enjoyed watching him develop either way.
Agree with that. I'm enjoying the Euros but, tbh, couldn't give a fuck who wins the thing.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Riceascaptain

Post by Riceascaptain »

Rice has been employed as the deepest defensive midfield sweeper in this tournament, England have conceded 0 goals

So he has done his job 100%

Can he fill another role (box to box?) yes he can but Southgate employs Phillips in that role now with decent results

People who actually have deep knowledge of tactics and roles in football know Rice role as the defensive midfield sweeper has been very solid. But some people only notice rabona´s, 30 yard screamers, assists and goals............

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Clayton wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:58 pm
9898 wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:36 pm We all agree that he has had an atrocious Euros.
Will Rice feel that his lack of playing in big games has ruined his Euros? Will he feel the Euros has been too big for him and he needs to play in big games in his club career?
To stop anything happening on the transfer front, would you accept an injury, say 3 - 4 months out, so that he is forced to stay?

If by chance Rice is dropped England are out and it's down to one man Southgate , but the way I see it even if Rice is selected we will in all likelihood loose anyway . Southgate's selection and tactics have been disappointing from the off , he should have been selecting the inform players the likes of Foden - Grealish and Sancho , with Mount partnering Rice with Trippier and Shaw as the fullbacks , then we would have seen a better England ,
Fact is Germany are well past their best , and we have some of the best young players in Europe and Southgate should be selecting them .

In what way has Rice not played in big games ? He plays the likes of Man City - Liverpool - Man Utd and Chelsea week in and week out .
And why would you want a player to sustain an injury so he is forced to stay at a club he doesn't want to be at , personally I would wish him the best for the future if he wanted to leave for a club better disposed to take him forward in his career .
goodpost:)

Post by 9898 »

If by chance Rice is dropped England are out and it's down to one man Southgate , but the way I see it even if Rice is selected we will in all likelihood loose anyway . Southgate's selection and tactics have been disappointing from the off , he should have been selecting the inform players the likes of Foden - Grealish and Sancho , with Mount partnering Rice with Trippier and Shaw as the fullbacks , then we would have seen a better England ,
Fact is Germany are well past their best , and we have some of the best young players in Europe and Southgate should be selecting them .

In what way has Rice not played in big games ? He plays the likes of Man City - Liverpool - Man Utd and Chelsea week in and week out .
And why would you want a player to sustain an injury so he is forced to stay at a club he doesn't want to be at , personally I would wish him the best for the future if he wanted to leave for a club better disposed to take him forward in his career .
Sorry Clay but that post is all wrong.
To start Foden is no more than an impact sub at the moment. Great potential but plays on the periphery rather than takes control of a game.
Trippier should not be RB.
Sancho is massively over rated.
Are you saying that Rice playing for West Ham against Man City, Liverpool etc, with our backs to the wall ,10 man defence on the edge of our area prepares him for high pressure international football as much as CL semi finals and finals? Sometimes people can post without thinking and then realise they have posted rubbish. No shame in that just don't make it worse by providing a counter argument that even you don't believe.
To be clear, I never stated I wanted him injured but enquired if people felt that was a good outcome.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

9898 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:17 am

To start Foden is no more than an impact sub at the moment. Great potential but plays on the periphery rather than takes control of a game.
Are you saying that Rice playing for West Ham against Man City, Liverpool etc, with our backs to the wall ,10 man defence on the edge of our area prepares him for high pressure international football as much as CL semi finals and finals? Sometimes people can post without thinking and then realise they have posted rubbish. No shame in that just don't make it worse by providing a counter argument that even you don't believe.
To be clear, I never stated I wanted him injured but enquired if people felt that was a good outcome.
Don't feel bad about it mate , we can all post without thinking and then realise they have posted rubbish .

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

If you think Rice has been rubbish at the Euros then you know less about football than I thought you already did. Put it like this, he's playing in the Hojberg or Ndombele role, except Southgate is employing him more as a Dier, a player that can slot in right in front of the cbs and defend, allowing whomever is alongside him in CM to push further up the pitch, in this case Phillips. I think he's been so dominant in this role, we should probably put Mount next to him and let him have the freedom of Phillips in that mid. So, I hope putting into Scum terms clarified it for your know-nothing-arse. Hope that midfield fairs you well in the Euro Challenge Cup!
#fuckqatar2022

Post by 9898 »

Hammertime wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:42 pm

If you think Rice has been rubbish at the Euros then you know less about football than I thought you already did. Put it like this, he's playing in the Hojberg or Ndombele role, except Southgate is employing him more as a Dier, a player that can slot in right in front of the cbs and defend, allowing whomever is alongside him in CM to push further up the pitch, in this case Phillips. I think he's been so dominant in this role, we should probably put Mount next to him and let him have the freedom of Phillips in that mid. So, I hope putting into Scum terms clarified it for your know-nothing-arse. Hope that midfield fairs you well in the Euro Challenge Cup!
Aah, I get it now.
Kane has been shit ar Euros because he's gone.
Stones is shit because he can't defend and plays too much risky football.
Rice has been shit because Southgate told him to play a shirty way and its all Southgate fault.
Every player from every other club is just playing shit but West Ham players only play shit because of the manager.

Enlightening.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Riceascaptain

Post by Riceascaptain »

A key player in the tournament and England are in the quarter finals!

Take a bow SON!!!