Bournemouth vs West Ham Opening Day Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Clayton

Re: Bournemouth vs West Ham Opening Day Match Thread

Post by Clayton »

normannomates wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:14 am
Clayton wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:46 pm

Honestly I was trying to be positive and taking the pee at the same time , fed up with all the negativity and lack of progress that we should have built on , the club should have at least tried to build a team around Rice , Scamacca and Paqueta rather then go backwards with Maquire and JWP and whoever else we may or may not bring in this window .
look at it logically mate...and not with heart..WHU means fuck all to the likes of Paqueta, he signed for us to showcase himself to the bigger clubs, its the way things are now, as long as we are making a profit , im alright with it
Don't actually have a problem with players leaving , after all it's a job to them , they see better then we can offer on the horizon . We have done some good things over the last three seasons inspite of Moyesball , and just think it should have been built on . But as usual the club are going backwards in my eyes rather then progressing , we should of been building a team on the up . A DM should have been in the door before Rice was out , like Aston Villa did with Grealish , Why was Ings brought in doesn't suit what Moyes puts out on the pitch just like Scamacca . A change of manager should of happened back in December this is me looking at it logically mate , a club run as a business and not a hobby .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:05 pm

Tbh the thought of Maguire and Aguerd in the middle of a back 4 fills me with dread. I’m not a fan of Aguerd the defender. I like his ability on the ball and his passing range but to me his game awareness radar is sadly lacking. And whilst I agree Maguire was excellent when at Leicester he seems to have totally lost the plot at Man U. Not a good signing in my book.
Honestly I was trying to be positive and taking the pee at the same time , fed up with all the negativity and lack of progress that we should have built on , the club should have at least tried to build a team around Rice , Scamacca and Paqueta rather then go backwards with Maquire and JWP and whoever else we may or may not bring in this window .
I think I learned at a very early age that [positivity and West Ham just don't go together. Long before the 60,000 crowds at the LS we were usually amongst the top 12 or so attendances in the country. And back then attendances were what drove a club's finances and ability to compete.

Even before my time we had 3 world cup winners in the team. But did we build a decent team around them. Of course not. We were happy to muddle along being "little old West Ham" supposedly, if the legend is to be believed, playing wonderful football which was the envy of many of the more succesful clubs. The question I've a;lways asked myself is if the football was so fucking wonderful why were our league placings so abysmal, and why, if newspaper reports of the day are to be believed were there, just like now, calls for the manager to be binned ?

So please excuse what you would probably describe as negativity. I prefer calling it being realistic and facing up to the inevitable. And remember, as I've said before, life tends to kick optimists in the nuts on a regular basis, but we pessimists expect the worst and, very occasionally, get pleasant surprises.

Have a nice day. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:26 am

I think I learned at a very early age that [positivity and West Ham just don't go together. Long before the 60,000 crowds at the LS we were usually amongst the top 12 or so attendances in the country. And back then attendances were what drove a club's finances and ability to compete.

Even before my time we had 3 world cup winners in the team. But did we build a decent team around them. Of course not. We were happy to muddle along being "little old West Ham" supposedly, if the legend is to be believed, playing wonderful football which was the envy of many of the more succesful clubs. The question I've a;lways asked myself is if the football was so fucking wonderful why were our league placings so abysmal, and why, if newspaper reports of the day are to be believed were there, just like now, calls for the manager to be binned ?

So please excuse what you would probably describe as negativity. I prefer calling it being realistic and facing up to the inevitable. And remember, as I've said before, life tends to kick optimists in the nuts on a regular basis, but we pessimists expect the worst and, very occasionally, get pleasant surprises.

Have a nice day. ;)
Don't get me wrong Whisky I agree with everything you have said , as far as negativity goes I was actually implying it's what the club gives it's fans , though in some cases others are happy with how we perform and are run .

palerider

Post by palerider »

So....

Fabianski
Coufal
Zouma
Aguerd
Emerson
Soucek
Alvarez
Fornals
Bowen
Benrahma
Antonio

It's as good as it gets tomorrow. I doubt Pacman will even travel. And it's probably going to be worse than that. Downes instead of Fornals. Not that I have anything against Epsom. He should be in instead of Soucek. I think Alvarez will start. We may have signed JWP by kick-off but not in time for him to feature.

A side in the manager's image. We've become a clone of Stoke under Tony Pulis. I wonder if McFuckwit has asked Steidten to scour the continent for long throw merchants. Is Fatima Whitbread available ?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

palerider wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:48 am So....

Fabianski
Coufal
Zouma
Aguerd
Emerson
Soucek
Alvarez
Fornals
Bowen
Benrahma
Antonio

It's as good as it gets tomorrow. I doubt Pacman will even travel. And it's probably going to be worse than that. Downes instead of Fornals. Not that I have anything against Epsom. He should be in instead of Soucek. I think Alvarez will start. We may have signed JWP by kick-off but not in time for him to feature.

A side in the manager's image. We've become a clone of Stoke under Tony Pulis. I wonder if McFuckwit has asked Steidten to scour the continent for long throw merchants. Is Fatima Whitbread available ?
Alvarez was still playing for Mexico 2 weeks ago Alan .
No chance he plays tomorrow .
Why is it that none of our new signings , every summer , don’t “have a pre season” yet all the players we sell do .

As do players from all other clubs ?

Ok we have left our business too late , as usual , but Alvarez JWP and Maguire have all been pretty much nailed on since last weekend and yet we can’t get em registered by a Friday lunchtime ?
Now claret & Hugh are saying it’s still JWP OR McTominshite ? :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:39 am
palerider wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:48 am So....

Fabianski
Coufal
Zouma
Aguerd
Emerson
Soucek
Alvarez
Fornals
Bowen
Benrahma
Antonio

Alvarez was still playing for Mexico 2 weeks ago Alan .
No chance he plays tomorrow .
Why is it that none of our new signings , every summer , don’t “have a pre season” yet all the players we sell do .

As do players from all other clubs ?

Ok we have left our business too late , as usual , but Alvarez JWP and Maguire have all been pretty much nailed on since last weekend and yet we can’t get em registered by a Friday lunchtime ?
Now claret & Hugh are saying it’s still JWP OR McTominshite ? :lol:
I think he'll feature Tim.

Superfan will tell you we're not the only club to leave it late. That negotiations take time. I say bollocks. It's not difficult if you put your mind to it. As it happens I reckon we've bid for quite a few but most players worth their salt don't want to play for a negative dinosaur shitcunt and their agents/clubs can't deal with the dwarf.

As for McTominay, I'm not bothered but IF the JWP move breaks down now, bearing in mind he's bucking the trend and actually wants to play for us, it's a huge insult to the player, whether you want him to sign or not. And just another reminder as to what a fucking circus the club is in the transfer business.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

I always want West Ham to win.It's in the blood,but I am not optimistic at all,I am dreading it tbh.Confidence must be pretty low after a couple of good hidings(and should have been a lot more)by slightly above average teams in their respective Leagues in our last 2 Friendlies.Everyone could see we need the opposition to have something to worry about,but it now looks like they won't have anything to worry about .

How sad has it has become for us fans that use to marvel at the skills of Brooking and Devonshire,that now have to put up with this dogshit.We have to thank the manager and owner(not getting rid of him and now backing him) for what 60.000 will have to watch this season.

I hope I am wrong,but I doubt it.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Apparently Alvarez was scouted by noble last year and we were making enquiries in June for him and JWP. Fuckin June but neither signed til Alvarez yesterday. That is slower than a snails pace and quite ridiculous if true.
COYI!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

JayK wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:01 am Apparently Alvarez was scouted by noble last year and we were making enquiries in June for him and JWP. Fuckin June but neither signed til Alvarez yesterday. That is slower than a snails pace and quite ridiculous if true.
It’s the same every single year , it’s really quite amazing and the “not being ready” and the “ settling in” period being Moyes’ go to excuse last season and yet nothing was done to change that this year .
How long have we all known our captain who loves us all so much was leaving ? And yet , yet again , no succession plan was in place ? You couldn’t make it all up .

Genuine question . H69 when you read this … why ?
Bring back Jonathon !

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

terrya1965 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:56 am

How sad has it has become for us fans that use to marvel at the skills of Brooking and Devonshire,that now have to put up with this dogshit.We have to thank the manager and owner(not getting rid of him and now backing him) for what 60.000 will have to watch this season.

I hope I am wrong,but I doubt it.
You liked Brooking and Devonshire . Yes Tel . But you , no WE have to move on from that . They ain’t coming back . Neither is our previous stadium .
The fan base has to move on from all that sentimental shit .
But that doesn’t mean we are not entitled (as are all football fans) to explanations for stuff like this .
Bring back Jonathon !