THE FINAL

Chat about anything football related here!
HamstasParadise

Re: THE FINAL

Post by HamstasParadise »

Similar feelings.

It was a hard watch, partly because we didn’t generally play well (but defended well), but also because I wanted it so much.

I remember that we didn’t particularly play well in 75 or 80 (although we were massive underdogs in 80 so have to allow for that). My lingering impression is that we played quite well against Anderlecht but lost to a mistake and a breakaway when chasing. Must watch that again sometime.

Unfortunately some of the joy on Wednesday was diluted as my phone told me about the goals before the BT stream did!

Well done to all the players.

In the last month or two I have belatedly started to appreciate Kehrer, Emerson and Pacqueta. Sometimes (as with Pablo) it takes a while, it’s best not to be too critical too soon.

Happy days.

The papers were saying “Geno by Dexy’s Midnight Runners was no 1 in May 1980 when West Ham last won a trophy”. As it will be a long while until we win again, so …. “Who was #1 in the singles chart when we last won a trophy?”. Fuck knows if I know now.

Well done the players, Moyes, Nolan and all the club staff. RIP David Gold. This may be unpopular but thank you to Sullivan for delivering something, cheque book out and more of the same please.

COYI whufc_crest
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” (Mark Twain.)

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Let's put this in to perspective.There are 3 European Competitions(before 1998,there were always 3) and West Ham have won one of them this year.We had to play 13 games to win this trophy.Considering how how tough the PL is to compete in,playing all them games in a World Cup stuck in the middle of a season is some achievement.We haven't got the monies of the bigger PL Clubs,but we still managed to do this.This makes it even more remarkable.

Outside the Billionaire Clubs,ANY team including Spurs would have loved to lifted
that trophy Wednesday.

For me,this is one of the greatest days of my life and I was around in 75/80 and was 6 months old in 65.

Many other fans would have loved to be in our position this week.

h69

Post by h69 »

terrya1965 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:09 pm Let's put this in to perspective.There are 3 European Competitions(before 1998,there were always 3) and West Ham have won one of them this year.We had to play 13 games to win this trophy.Considering how how tough the PL is to compete in,playing all them games in a World Cup stuck in the middle of a season is some achievement.We haven't got the monies of the bigger PL Clubs,but we still managed to do this.This makes it even more remarkable.

Outside the Billionaire Clubs,ANY team including Spurs would have loved to lifted
that trophy Wednesday.

For me,this is one of the greatest days of my life and I was around in 75/80 and was 6 months old in 65.

15 games if you count the playoff last August to qualify
Attachments
FB_IMG_1686182298798.jpg
FB_IMG_1686182298798.jpg (84.13 KiB) Viewed 759 times

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

h69 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:53 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:09 pm Let's put this in to perspective.There are 3 European Competitions(before 1998,there were always 3) and West Ham have won one of them this year.We had to play 13 games to win this trophy.Considering how how tough the PL is to compete in,playing all them games in a World Cup stuck in the middle of a season is some achievement.We haven't got the monies of the bigger PL Clubs,but we still managed to do this.This makes it even more remarkable.

that trophy Wednesday.

15 games if you count the playoff last August to qualify
Only 6 clean sheets though ? The useless Cunts :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

HamstasParadise wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:29 am Similar feelings.

It was a hard watch, partly because we didn’t generally play well (but defended well), but also because I wanted it so much.

I remember that we didn’t particularly play well in 75 or 80 (although we were massive underdogs in 80 so have to allow for that). My lingering impression is that we played quite well against Anderlecht but lost to a mistake and a breakaway when chasing. Must watch that again sometime.

Unfortunately some of the joy on Wednesday was diluted as my phone told me about the goals before the BT stream did!

In the last month or two I have belatedly started to appreciate Kehrer, Emerson and Pacqueta. Sometimes (as with Pablo) it takes a while, it’s best not to be too critical too soon.

Happy days.

The papers were saying “Geno by Dexy’s Midnight Runners was no 1 in May 1980 when West Ham last won a trophy”. As it will be a long while until we win again, so …. “Who was #1 in the singles chart when we last won a trophy?”. Fuck knows if I know now.

Well done the players, Moyes, Nolan and all the club staff. RIP David Gold. This may be unpopular but thank you to Sullivan for delivering something, cheque book out and more of the same please.

COYI whufc_crest
Are the singles charts still a thing ?

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

palerider wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:39 pm
HamstasParadise wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:29 am Similar feelings.

Happy days.

COYI whufc_crest
Are the singles charts still a thing ?
I think it's called Tinder now

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

Man City vs Inter final, cannot say the first half was any better than our first half last Wednesday?.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

I was just thinking all the European finals featured an Italian side this year....

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

andyginbrasil wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:06 pm I was just thinking all the European finals featured an Italian side this year....
And English team's won two of them....

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

andyginbrasil wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:59 pm
andyginbrasil wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:06 pm I was just thinking all the European finals featured an Italian side this year....
And English team's won two of them....
UEFA will not be happy bunnies
Bring back Jonathon !