West Ham at the top

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: West Ham at the top

Post by Newmarket »

tassiehammer wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:02 am
terrya1965 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:37 pm

Treat yourself to a guide dog :lol:
You can't go calling it the end of the matter with a big THE END and then make another post on the subject Tell. Thats what the edit option is for. :D :)
:lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

JayK

Post by JayK »

You can't go calling it the end of the matter with a big THE END and then make another post on the subject Tell. Thats what the edit option is for. :D :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: Quality
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:48 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:38 pm

What good fortune would that be ?
Haven't watched any matches this season , so couldn't say , but from what I have heard concerning our performances in our 1st three matches we came off the pitch with no shit on our shoes when it was covered in it , in other words we were dam lucky to get the results in our favour .
I have watched all the games and whilst our performances weren't particularly pleasing on the eye they were very effective as results have shown. But "good fortune" as the OP suggested I would dispute. A good solid defensive performance, whilst not pleasing the purists, can be effective, as was shown. Luck, at least in my book, is when the opposition creates numerous chances but are denied the opportunity of converting them by such things as poor refereeing, fortunate deflections. I don't recall any time during any of the matches to date where I could say "we were lucky there". Apart from the JWP "handball" at Luton, which may be classed as such. But of course had the penalty been given it could equally be argued he was unlucky because it was purely accidental.

Areola's penalty save fior example wasn't luck imo, although some will no doubt claim it as such. Nor were his saves against Brighton towards the end of the game. He did what he is paid to do as a goalkeeper. And Brighton, for all their "ooh, aah isn't it pretty" football didn't really create too many chances. The efforts they had, including their goal, were one off shots from distance. So lucky ? Not in my book.

I'm certainly not getting carried away by our results to date and I fully expect us to come crashing down to earth in our next two matches when we will meet, at least imo, 2 of the best 3 teams in the country at this moment in time. But I think we have to give a lot of credit to everyone concerned for the start to the season we've made. After all we are sitting with 8 points more than I expected us to have at this stage when I saw the fixtures for the first time.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:38 pm

What good fortune would that be ?
You really are a dumb prick aren't you ? You refuse to answer a perfectly reasonable question about a stupid throwawy comment you make about games which you probably haven't even watched and think you're being clever with a stupid comment like that. I realise you are somewhat intellectually challenged but surely you can strig together a few grunts to justify your comment.

Otherwise why bother coming on to forums like this in the first place if you don't want to discuss the football.

Wanker. No surprise the good people of Clophill refer to you as the village idiot is it ? :lol:

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

But he did put it up in FUCKING GREAT CAPITALS. In Terry's simple little world that means it's FACT

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Sometimes it’s like the 1970’s on here .
Recent results , as pleasantly surprising as they have been , seems to have people nothing to moan about so instead they come on here and start digging each other out with personal stuff .

It’s like the Stratford boys and CT snipers going at it cos there’s no away game to go to . And I’m not just referring to this thread either .

I do not approve.
Bring back Jonathon !

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:23 am

You really are a dumb prick aren't you ? You refuse to answer a perfectly reasonable question about a stupid throwawy comment you make about games which you probably haven't even watched and think you're being clever with a stupid comment like that. I realise you are somewhat intellectually challenged but surely you can strig together a few grunts to justify your comment.

Otherwise why bother coming on to forums like this in the first place if you don't want to discuss the football.

Wanker. No surprise the good people of Clophill refer to you as the village idiot is it ? :lol:
Did I call you any names?Is alright for you to.have a bit of banter with posters on here,but if they have it with you,you get the arsehole. Your problem is,youthink you are above everyone else on here.

I don't care what you say,we were fortune in the last 3 games to get all 3 wins.I don't need to explain myself,the evidence is there.I did watch all 3 games.

Remember the old saying

Stick and stones will break my bones,but names will never hurt me. :lol:

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:53 am Sometimes it’s like the 1970’s on here .
Recent results , as pleasantly surprising as they have been , seems to have people nothing to moan about so instead they come on here and start digging each other out with personal stuff .

It’s like the Stratford boys and CT snipers going at it cos there’s no away game to go to . And I’m not just referring to this thread either .

I do not approve.
You had to live it to get it. Stratford had the best pubs. :D
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

tassiehammer wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:47 am
Newmarket wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:53 am Sometimes it’s like the 1970’s on here .

I do not approve.
You had to live it to get it. Stratford had the best pubs. :D
Your not wrong.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:06 am
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:23 am

Did I call you any names?Is alright for you to.have a bit of banter with posters on here,but if they have it with you,you get the arsehole. Your problem is,youthink you are above everyone else on here.
There are only 3 people on this site who I have ever copped the proper arse with. You are one of them I will readily admit. You keep telling me I think I am above everyone on here so let me ask you one simple thung. Why, if I am such a horrinle cunt, is my personal message inbox filled with PMs from you telling me how wonderful I am ? I may have got the arse with a couple of others on here at some time or another but you are the only cunt on this forum that';s ever sent me fanmail FFS. :lol: :lol:

Now get back in your fucking box or I may give in to that little voice in my head that's telling me to C & P some of the more arse kissy kissy ones and post them on here.