Bournemouth vs West Ham Opening Day Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Clayton

Re: Bournemouth vs West Ham Opening Day Match Thread

Post by Clayton »

brookingslovechild wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:00 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:58 am

Aguerd is good on the ball, has a good turn of pace and his passing ismore than adequate. But imo defensively he is an accident waiting to happen. Someone, think it was on this forum, suggested using him as a DM and, tbh, I thought that was something well worth considering. There is a player in there but I just don't think he is central defence material.

We will have to agree to disagree on the Maguire issue I'm afraid. Apart from my reservations of him as a footballer some of the reported comments he has made over the years suggest he is an egocentric character with an over exaggerated sense of his own ability. And at his age any money spent on him will not be recioverable when it all ends in tears and we want to get rid.
looks like its too late whiskey! slabhead is amongst us :) ....might be good for a headed goal or 2. Is he an improvement on either of our CB's? probably no worse.
Think he will be the ideal partner for Aguerd in a back 4 , but rumours are we will be playing with a back 5 so the more the merrier in defence it appears with no real Wingbacks . As for JWP what will he be able to produce the way we play , decent deadball efforts I suppose we'll be able to look forward too .

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

if pacman fucks off (& its city and trophys or us and dogfight...tough choice clearly) pablo or benny as a 10. I'm sure benny has played there occasionally or am i dreaming that. Surely it has to open the door for one of them , prefer mypablo better range of passing and better vision for sure. This could give cornetto more game time probably on wing.
get all hopeful ...only to see jwp as 10 not even sure what his actual position is tbh. oh well we will know in a couple of weeks.

JayK

Post by JayK »

If JWP does come, it won’t be in place of Soucek. Moyes will want him and slabhead available for the free kicks
COYI!!!

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Pacman will be moving to Greedy City so Moyes have a completely depleted team.

Fabianski

Coufal
Zouma
Aguerd
Emerson

Soucek
Downes

Bowen
Fornals
Behrahma

Antonio
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:07 pm
brookingslovechild wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:00 pm

looks like its too late whiskey! slabhead is amongst us :) ....might be good for a headed goal or 2. Is he an improvement on either of our CB's? probably no worse.
Think he will be the ideal partner for Aguerd in a back 4 , but rumours are we will be playing with a back 5 so the more the merrier in defence it appears with no real Wingbacks . As for JWP what will he be able to produce the way we play , decent deadball efforts I suppose we'll be able to look forward too .
Tbh the thought of Maguire and Aguerd in the middle of a back 4 fills me with dread. I’m not a fan of Aguerd the defender. I like his ability on the ball and his passing range but to me his game awareness radar is sadly lacking. And whilst I agree Maguire was excellent when at Leicester he seems to have totally lost the plot at Man U. Not a good signing in my book.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

grandad wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:06 am Im in bournmouth this coming weekend if you hear on any pubs showing it live let me know please
Why not go and watch? Do the old north bank trick and get 2 through the turnstile for the price of 1. :lol:
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:05 pm
Clayton wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:07 pm

Tbh the thought of Maguire and Aguerd in the middle of a back 4 fills me with dread. I’m not a fan of Aguerd the defender. I like his ability on the ball and his passing range but to me his game awareness radar is sadly lacking. And whilst I agree Maguire was excellent when at Leicester he seems to have totally lost the plot at Man U. Not a good signing in my book.
Honestly I was trying to be positive and taking the pee at the same time , fed up with all the negativity and lack of progress that we should have built on , the club should have at least tried to build a team around Rice , Scamacca and Paqueta rather then go backwards with Maquire and JWP and whoever else we may or may not bring in this window .

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Ibbyham wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:17 pm Pacman will be moving to Greedy City so Moyes have a completely depleted team.

Fabianski

Coufal
Zouma
Aguerd
Emerson

Soucek
Downes

Bowen
Fornals
Behrahma

Antonio
:( :( :(

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

like last season ..we are in shit order for the start line...loose webbing and to much baggage.
sneak a score draw being positve...expect a comprehensive defeat with the players available.
0-2

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

Clayton wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:46 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:05 pm

Honestly I was trying to be positive and taking the pee at the same time , fed up with all the negativity and lack of progress that we should have built on , the club should have at least tried to build a team around Rice , Scamacca and Paqueta rather then go backwards with Maquire and JWP and whoever else we may or may not bring in this window .
look at it logically mate...and not with heart..WHU means fuck all to the likes of Paqueta, he signed for us to showcase himself to the bigger clubs, its the way things are now, as long as we are making a profit , im alright with it