West Ham vs Arsenal Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: West Ham vs Arsenal Official Match Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

eskimo joe wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:37 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:24 pm

Last season's Soucek I'd agree. This season's version, I'm not so sure. But my point really is that, with the obvious exceptions of Rice, who would walk into pretty much every team in Europe, never mind England, and Bowen there aren't too many in our squad who would be good enough to go straight into a "proper" top 4 team. And tbh I don't think whoever qualifies for the CL in 4th place is going to do anything in next season's competition other than make up the groups. We've got a decent squad but imo it's a long way from being one good enough for a realistic top 4 shot.
That would also apply to the winners of the EL. And you only have to compare our form since Christmas with that of Liverpool and City, and it screams out loud that we are nowhere near.
It certainly would. The best whoever that turns out to be could hope for imo is qualifying for another shot at the Europa League by finishing 3rd in their CL group.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:39 pm
eskimo joe wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:37 pm

That would also apply to the winners of the EL. And you only have to compare our form since Christmas with that of Liverpool and City, and it screams out loud that we are nowhere near.
It certainly would. The best whoever that turns out to be could hope for imo is qualifying for another shot at the Europa League by finishing 3rd in their CL group.
Which I would be ecstatic with .
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:08 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:39 pm

Which I would be ecstatic with .
As I imagine would most of us.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?