Sakho wants to leave

Chat about anything football related here!
redhammer
Site Admin

Re: Sakho wants to leave

Post by redhammer »

I defended him after his toys out of pram moment but in fairness we have made it clear he wont start next season and he finished the season as the second choice striker. I think Slav believes in Valencia a bit too and he is scoring over in the Copa America, albeit against Haiti.

As for Sunderland, yes Sam didn't want him when we signed him but who cares? I get feeling Bilic didn't want Byram, does that mean they won't get on? Sam is a manager and they can hate each other personally if they wished, as long as Sakho performed on the pitch, who would care?

I'd take 10m right now.

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Shame that his attitude has changed. There is no doubting his ability.

palerider

Post by palerider »

redhammer wrote:I defended him after his toys out of pram moment but in fairness we have made it clear he wont start next season and he finished the season as the second choice striker. I think Slav believes in Valencia a bit too and he is scoring over in the Copa America, albeit against Haiti.

As for Sunderland, yes Sam didn't want him when we signed him but who cares? I get feeling Bilic didn't want Byram, does that mean they won't get on? Sam is a manager and they can hate each other personally if they wished, as long as Sakho performed on the pitch, who would care?

I'd take 10m right now.
Never keep a player who doesn't want to be there. But never let him go until you have a definite replacement. But 10m ?, no way. 15m minimum. Don't do the slug any favours.

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

There is an excellent reason why Sakho didn't like Sam, we are doing transfer video tonight and I'm sure we'll discuss it then.

Anyway, as Red said he has clearly thawed in his opinions and Sam has probably realised that Diafra is actually better than Conor Wickham

robelliott17

Post by robelliott17 »

I think given his mixed performances this season whilst he was supposedly 'happy' at the club, we have no option but to let him go. If he was as moody as he was whilst clearly our first choice striker (when fit...which was not as often as we'd have liked) imagine the aggro he could cause us if we keep him around against his will.
It's a sad testament that contracts are barely worth the paper they're signed on these days...the power is with the players. If a player decides to go (see Suarez at Liverpool or Bale at Spurs) then the move will likely go through. Although I'm not suggesting a player will actually go on strike to force a move (although we know some chancers try this technique: Odemwingie ) a depressed/uninterested player is likely to be less effective. The chairmen are faced with a choice - do they stick to their word and keep the player (who could then subsequently perform like garbage all season and damage his future transfer value) or do they sell him and take a gamble on a different player who actually wants to be part of the club.
For me, I'll miss Sakho's work rate but I won't miss his tantrums, unexplained absences or regular injuries. If he doesn't want to be here I suggest we up our striker search and start looking for one to replace him too.

dorsetdano

Re: Re : Sakho wants to leave

Post by dorsetdano »

blackcountryhammer wrote:wasn't there all kinds of clauses in Sunderland's offer like he's got to play 30 games a season for 3 seasons, that's never gonna happen is it lol
I don't know, the season after next he could well have a 46 game league season to look forward too.

Post by 1234 »

OZHAMMER wrote:Shame that his attitude has changed. There is no doubting his ability.
I don't doubt his ability...I know he is poor.
He had a once in a lifetime season when he first came but I will tell you now, he will not score 7 goals in a PL season, ever.
If we get £8 million it is great business.

WestwardHo!Hammer

Post by WestwardHo!Hammer »

I'll be sorry to see him go as when his head is right he scores when he wants, but with the injuries and his off field "baggage" this last season we rarely saw the Sakho of the previous campaign. I thought Slav did rate him, but we know from past experience that he won't tolerate troublemakers in the squad so fully expect him to be gone sooner rather than later.

Au revoir Diafra

hammerman69

Post by hammerman69 »

he was the right man to come in when we only had Carlton Cole and an injured Carroll. That made him and Valencia look world beaters, we lauded them and Sakho in particular likes that.

Now we have players like Payet and Antonio, Sakho does not like not being the main man and we have moved on and up to another level....we should be looking at better now.

He also has history of trouble at his last few clubs.

He was better than Valencia though !

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

....and I can remember somebody getting quite upset on (the then version of) here when I said Sakho's injury prone .

I do miss Taansend :)
Bring back Jonathon !