Euro Squad decided

Chat about anything football related here!
JayK

Re: Euro Squad decided

Post by JayK »

Towie wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:10 pm Really hasn’t a clue, got well lucky at the World Cup with the easiest draw ever, when finally coming up against a good team were found out.

We’ll be lucky to get out of group, just grateful the sweaties are in it as we could finish 3rd and go through.
We do have a couple of better players who might be able to unlock a defence without the need of set plays this time. But I still don’t rate our chances coz I doubt Sterling will be left out of the team
COYI!!!

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

JayK wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:13 pm
Towie wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:10 pm Really hasn’t a clue, got well lucky at the World Cup with the easiest draw ever, when finally coming up against a good team were found out.

We’ll be lucky to get out of group, just grateful the sweaties are in it as we could finish 3rd and go through.
We do have a couple of better players who might be able to unlock a defence without the need of set plays this time. But I still don’t rate our chances coz I doubt Sterling will be left out of the team
I would be thinking of using Foden and Sancho either side of Kane with Grealish buzzing behind. However I think Gareth's default option is Five at the back,Two holding midfields with Mason Mount (the creative one) behind Sterling and Kane.

Which leaves the actual football talent, Grealish,Sancho,Bellingham,Foden sitting on the bench. But as long as he can get Trent-Alexander on the pitch then he will feel confident in meeting the media. The Daily Mail fiend

Jesse Lingard starts Wednesday night in the friendly, so hopefully he has a good one and reminds people what could have been.

JayK

Post by JayK »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:04 pm
JayK wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:13 pm

I would be thinking of using Foden and Sancho either side of Kane with Grealish buzzing behind. However I think Gareth's default option is Five at the back,Two holding midfields with Mason Mount (the creative one) behind Sterling and Kane.

Which leaves the actual football talent, Grealish,Sancho,Bellingham,Foden sitting on the bench. But as long as he can get Trent-Alexander on the pitch then he will feel confident in meeting the media. The Daily Mail fiend

Jesse Lingard starts Wednesday night in the friendly, so hopefully he has a good one and reminds people what could have been.
I’d be putting Foden, Grealish and Mount behind Kane.

What’s that all about though, playing Lingard in a warm up for a comp he’s not in. Absolutely pathetic
COYI!!!

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

JayK wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:25 pm
BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:04 pm

What’s that all about though, playing Lingard in a warm up for a comp he’s not in. Absolutely pathetic
Player availablity,not enough of them due to the recent two finals. Gareth has given them a little break. He should have given himself a little break and got somebody else to finalise the squad, the little doozy...

JayK

Post by JayK »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:29 pm
JayK wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:25 pm

Player availablity,not enough of them due to the recent two finals. Gareth has given them a little break. He should have given himself a little break and got somebody else to finalise the squad, the little doozy...
So out this squad (according to this list of their position) we have available....
3 keepers (Henderson didn’t play)
4 defenders (fair enough)
4 midfielders
5 attackers

Fair enough we don’t have enough defenders. Still doesn’t explain Lingard
COYI!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

JayK wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:12 pm
Newmarket wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:03 pm

He’s off his trolley .

Southgate makes Moyes look like a genius .

Big club big time Charlie’s no matter what form their in , no plan B .

I hope Soucek makes the tosser pay big time.
Yep. Totally clueless and picking his favourites. What we gonna do with 4 right backs ffs?
What’s even more puzzling is Lingard, Ward-Prowse and the other fella have chosen to stay with the squad even though they’re not wanted for the euros instead of telling them to stick it.

And , inexplicably, Lingard starts a friendly tomorrow night .
What sort of pre tournament preparations is THaT ?
Bring back Jonathon !

JayK

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:54 pm

Yep. Totally clueless and picking his favourites. What we gonna do with 4 right backs ffs?
What’s even more puzzling is Lingard, Ward-Prowse and the other fella have chosen to stay with the squad even though they’re not wanted for the euros instead of telling them to stick it.

I know mate. Southgate is a giant turd. BD says it’s an availability thing but that don’t explain all but defence positions from what I can work out
COYI!!!

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

If he's going down the route of playing people who are not going to be involved. Then surely he should give some of the kids at under 21s and under 18s a game alongside the people who are involved. Give them a bit of experience at full level, see how they get on.
Fucking pointless playing people that haven't been picked.
I'd tell the Princess Anne looking cunt, to go fuck himself, if I were Lingard.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:54 pm

You make a very good point. But does anyone really give a fuck ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

Love waching England play in tournaments. Irs like voting tory you know its wrong, but can't resist it 😁. So, why arrange friendlies, and play players who are not in the squad???
Covid in the Boardroom