Transfer Discussion-Sakho Slated

Chat about anything football related here!
redhammer
Site Admin

Transfer Discussion-Sakho Slated

Post by redhammer »

I met up with the two toms on good old google to discuss the transfers and the Sakho part is good.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

@AranNicolWHUFC

Re: Transfer Discussion-Sakho Slated

Post by @AranNicolWHUFC »

People assume because a bid is accepted, we've got the player. Carlos Bacca is a striker who has scored 20+ goals every season for 4-5 seasons, been huge in winning 2 Europa Leagues, who the fuck are we, despite deserving it through merit, getting a pass into Europe because of another team to say oh yeah, join us, we've got passion and 60k stadium, one day we might reach this and that. Football is a short career, you've gotta go with what's best for you at the very moment in time. He's clearly not greedy, he's methodical and doing the best for his career and his family. I'd much rather wait for someone who can fully assess, work out if it's right and if it's not, fair play - because that would produce another Sakho, if he just jumped at the chance without thought or consultation. I admire him a lot, not giving us bullshit either, he's been completely straight. We need to stay in our lane and realise we have to prove ourselves more if we going to feel deserved of these types of players. Ambition is great, we have every right to be ambitious but when things don't go our way, we need to remember who we really are and what we've actually achieved. We will get there, we have the foundations for great success but it doesn't happen overnight.

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

@AranNicolWHUFC wrote:People assume because a bid is accepted, we've got the player. Carlos Bacca is a striker who has scored 20+ goals every season for 4-5 seasons, been huge in winning 2 Europa Leagues, who the fuck are we, despite deserving it through merit, getting a pass into Europe because of another team to say oh yeah, join us, we've got passion and 60k stadium, one day we might reach this and that. Football is a short career, you've gotta go with what's best for you at the very moment in time. He's clearly not greedy, he's methodical and doing the best for his career and his family. I'd much rather wait for someone who can fully assess, work out if it's right and if it's not, fair play - because that would produce another Sakho, if he just jumped at the chance without thought or consultation. I admire him a lot, not giving us bullshit either, he's been completely straight. We need to stay in our lane and realise we have to prove ourselves more if we going to feel deserved of these types of players. Ambition is great, we have every right to be ambitious but when things don't go our way, we need to remember who we really are and what we've actually achieved. We will get there, we have the foundations for great success but it doesn't happen overnight.

Excellent first post mate.

IndianHammer

Post by IndianHammer »

@AranNicolWHUFC wrote:People assume because a bid is accepted, we've got the player. Carlos Bacca is a striker who has scored 20+ goals every season for 4-5 seasons, been huge in winning 2 Europa Leagues, who the fuck are we, despite deserving it through merit, getting a pass into Europe because of another team to say oh yeah, join us, we've got passion and 60k stadium, one day we might reach this and that. Football is a short career, you've gotta go with what's best for you at the very moment in time. He's clearly not greedy, he's methodical and doing the best for his career and his family. I'd much rather wait for someone who can fully assess, work out if it's right and if it's not, fair play - because that would produce another Sakho, if he just jumped at the chance without thought or consultation. I admire him a lot, not giving us bullshit either, he's been completely straight. We need to stay in our lane and realise we have to prove ourselves more if we going to feel deserved of these types of players. Ambition is great, we have every right to be ambitious but when things don't go our way, we need to remember who we really are and what we've actually achieved. We will get there, we have the foundations for great success but it doesn't happen overnight.
The most realistic post I've seen here so far imo. We will grow, slowly but surely. COYI!

garnett

Post by garnett »

Firstly, another professionally done "show".
My only criticism is that on the whole opinions don't vary very much, all very glass half full and sometimes very very biased.
What I would like to see is a different opinion a glass half empty perspective, there are a few on the forum with different views, 1234 immediately springs to mind, would be interesting to have the debates not from behind a keyboard, may well be a chance to show he has valid opinions and we should acknowledge that although we may not agree.
Food for thought ?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

garnett wrote:Firstly, another professionally done "show".
My only criticism is that on the whole opinions don't vary very much, all very glass half full and sometimes very very biased.
What I would like to see is a different opinion a glass half empty perspective, there are a few on the forum with different views, 1234 immediately springs to mind, would be interesting to have the debates not from behind a keyboard, may well be a chance to show he has valid opinions and we should acknowledge that although we may not agree.
Food for thought ?
:o Interesting,a bit like offering Turkey EU membership.

@AranNicolWHUFC

As was brought up in the show - "I'm sure we have a trick up our sleeves" - have you heard the absolute masterstroke we've played? We've offered AC Milan €2m on top of our already accepted offer, plus offered Bacca a little more dough as well. That is absolutely exceptionally played by us. AC Milan have to sell to get their transfer targets, so by us offering them more money, it forces them to not stay so quiet with Bacca and could well be a defining point to us actually getting him and a lot sooner than would be the case. First he'll have the pressure from the club, plus, although he's obviously not money oriented, he'll be getting a little bit extra for his trouble. Even if it doesn't work, that is beautiful business. Yeah, we're spending a little more but, a little bit goes a long way. These days, €2m is something you wouldn't miss in football, it's absolutely nothing but to AC, it's a lot. Although I've gone on a bit, I'm left speechless and in awe at such a beautifully thought out bit of business.

redhammer
Site Admin

Post by redhammer »

@AranNicolWHUFC wrote:As was brought up in the show - "I'm sure we have a trick up our sleeves" - have you heard the absolute masterstroke we've played? We've offered AC Milan €2m on top of our already accepted offer, plus offered Bacca a little more dough as well. That is absolutely exceptionally played by us. AC Milan have to sell to get their transfer targets, so by us offering them more money, it forces them to not stay so quiet with Bacca and could well be a defining point to us actually getting him and a lot sooner than would be the case. First he'll have the pressure from the club, plus, although he's obviously not money oriented, he'll be getting a little bit extra for his trouble. Even if it doesn't work, that is beautiful business. Yeah, we're spending a little more but, a little bit goes a long way. These days, €2m is something you wouldn't miss in football, it's absolutely nothing but to AC, it's a lot. Although I've gone on a bit, I'm left speechless and in awe at such a beautifully thought out bit of business.
Have to agree. If this works then it is a tactic I've never seen be done myself, pay more than the club want so the selling club applies pressure on the player.

There will be grumpy people due to Bacca being 'forced' but that's where the fans come in, welcome him to West Ham United and show him he should have came sooner.

I rekon Bacca could be worth 8 points to us next season, top player.

garnett

Post by garnett »

BlackDiamond wrote:
garnett wrote:Firstly, another professionally done "show".
Food for thought ?
:o Interesting,a bit like offering Turkey EU membership.
Morning,
I disagree, see the very mention and opinions differ :shock:
The fella probably doesn't feel the need to justify his opinions or credibility and rightly so, but if it were me I would, being called a troll, being ignored would get me quite angry, I would feel the need to redress the balance, give myself some credibility, but that's me, totally different personalities no doubt.
We have the platform lets use it, final word on the subject, its not all about him, there are others who`s opinions differ, offer the platform I say.

@AranNicolWHUFC

I've just rang Spire Roding and got through to a woman who was thick as pig shit. I enquired about West Ham and potential medicals booked and she confirmed we have 2 seperate medicals booked in for 2 seperate players. She soon realised her mistake and asked who I was. She proper, proper panicked. I told her I was a West Ham fan and she went silent and then just hung up on me.

This is 1000000% true as well, I promise you all.