Refs and Officials stitch us up again.

Chat about anything football related here!
OZHAMMER

Re: Refs and Officials stitch us up again.

Post by OZHAMMER »

Flairon wrote:
We have to move away from this feeling sorry for ourselves, victim culture. It is indicative of what is wrong with today's society, let's blame someone else for our own shortcomings. It i not only counter productive, but it is pathetic and annoying.
Exactly right mate. It's getting tired.

... and we're starting to sound like another bunch who have a minute silence every time they lose a game.

Porterman

Post by Porterman »

Watched the Sunday morning thingy on Sky and they looked at the Arsenal game on detail including " the actual rules" on handball.

The rules basically state a ref has to take consideration of how close the incident takes place when hitting some bodies hand AND " the intent".

Obviously yesterday the incident in the first goal it came at Sanchez from literally inches away AND he has absolutely no control over the fact it hits his hand so obviously NO INTENT bit as Kamara rightly says " where in football does anybody think it's alright to put the ball over the line with your hand"?!

And where do they?!

Surely no fan of any team believes in that?!!

Secondly we have moaned about a lot of decisions yesterday but again for Foughils chopped off effort the rule states " there must be 1 opposition player as well as the Goalkeeper ( or basically 2 opposition players)*between you and the goals.
Basically because Foster had went walkabout there was 1 when he put it in the net.
Harsh?!
Yes.
Correct decision?!
Yes.
Sensible?!
Do me a fucking favour.
Why should a team get advantage because basically their keeper has made a big blunder?!

But that's the crazy stat of the game!!

We recently had a thread on here that said " of you could change 1 thing in football what would it be".

Mine was bin offside.

Cuntishness confusing peice of shite which serves the game no positives in any capacity!!

What about Foughils actually goal?!

When Lanzini shoots Antonio is standing about 2/3 yards offside and just to the side of Foster.

How is that " not interfering with play"?!

He's in the keepers eyesight!!

When the ball then comes off the bar Antonio immediately goes forward and is going to make an attempt to play the ball only for Fougholi to beat him to it ( thankfully).

Again how is that NOT TRYING TO SEEK AN ADVANTAGE?!!

It's bizarre!!

And with each passing week it gets worse and worse!!!

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Has I wrote the original post and was pretty angry about the decisions,I do actually think the ref got the majority RIGHT.

He could have given us one or two,but they were marginal.

I will hold my hands up.

Give praise to Pullis for saying"Nothing wrong with the atmosphere.I really enjoyed it from both fans".

We deserved a win yesterday against a decent WBA side.They have some decent players and has painful for me to say,Pullis(compare him to BFS),he has done a good job.

Dandy Devo

Post by Dandy Devo »

Not sure how we was stiched up yesterday. Thier first goal wasn't a foul on Mr Fegoo. Feghouli needs to be stronger and not fall and roll about like his shot.

Nothing wrong in Thier second either.

No excuses yesterday.
In Bill Hicks we trust.

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

ToneLoc wrote:I would say in fairness it's a case of officials AND ourselves stitched us yesterday.

Schoolboy stuff for both of their goals. Both Brom goals were utterly avoidable.
To be honest.......I don't get the point of throwing on Collins at the end. All you're doing is handing all momentum to them. We were coping perfectly well as we were. Sometimes you just need to leave it be as it is.

A really good performance just negated by some silly mistakes and piss poor officiating.
You make a late substitution to roll down the clock.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Taansend wrote:
ToneLoc wrote:I would say in fairness it's a case of officials AND ourselves stitched us yesterday.

Schoolboy stuff for both of their goals. Both Brom goals were utterly avoidable.
To be honest.......I don't get the point of throwing on Collins at the end. All you're doing is handing all momentum to them. We were coping perfectly well as we were. Sometimes you just need to leave it be as it is.

A really good performance just negated by some silly mistakes and piss poor officiating.
Yes but you can also hand possession, territory and momentum to an opposition side that's good at sniffing out goals when you give them that.
We didn't need to. We were coping perfectly well.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

ToneLoc wrote:
Taansend wrote:
Yes but you can also hand possession, territory and momentum to an opposition side that's good at sniffing out goals when you give them that.
Tone

You said you didn't get the point so I answered.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Every manager does it.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Taansend wrote:
ToneLoc wrote: Yes but you can also hand possession, territory and momentum to an opposition side that's good at sniffing out goals when you give them that.
Tone

Every manager does it.
I think I meant to say "I don't think it was the right call".

But you're correct in that it's done frequently. But that's not to say that it's always the right thing to do.
In this case I think it was the wrong call.
Yeah....."United"

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

ToneLoc wrote:
Taansend wrote:
Tone

Every manager does it.
I think I meant to say "I don't think it was the right call".

But you're correct in that it's done frequently. But that's not to say that it's always the right thing to do.
:D
AAEAAQAAAAAAAAXoAAAAJDQ5OWNkNDFlLWMyZDctNDAwZS04ODdkLWViMTAzNTQ3OTM1ZA.jpg
AAEAAQAAAAAAAAXoAAAAJDQ5OWNkNDFlLWMyZDctNDAwZS04ODdkLWViMTAzNTQ3OTM1ZA.jpg (36.04 KiB) Viewed 2311 times

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Taansend wrote:
ToneLoc wrote: I think I meant to say "I don't think it was the right call".

:D

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAXoAAAAJDQ5OWNkNDFlLWMyZDctNDAwZS04ODdkLWViMTAzNTQ3OTM1ZA.jpg
Haha :lol:
You ol fucker !!
Yeah....."United"