Funny how different fans see a players performance

Chat about anything football related here!
Clayton

Funny how different fans see a players performance

Post by Clayton »

Many have said how they have been impressed by Snodgrass , to me he looks very average and hasnt impressed me at all , the same with Kouyate today playing at right back , he looked awkward and out of position many times but some have said he had a good game . Noble hes looking like someone who is half paced and always trying to catch up , which cant help Obiang.

Gonzo

Re: Funny how different fans see a players performance

Post by Gonzo »

Snodgrass was decent yesterday Clayton and I thought Kouyate put in a good effort in an unfamiliar position.

I doubt Snodgrass will ever reach the dizzy heights of Payet but he'll do okay for us during the next couple of seasons.

The RB situation is as worrying as ever though and questions need to be asked

jhammers

Post by jhammers »

I was impressed by Snodgrass. He looked good in possession, played some great through balls and never stopped running. His work rate was brilliant.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Why does arbeloa not play Rb, he must be a better option than Kouyate?

Though I thought Kouyate was decent in an unfamiliar position.

As for Obiang it is only Portermans opinion that counts not the 99% of people on here who believe he is a decent player.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Towie wrote:Why does arbeloa not play Rb, he must be a better option than Kouyate?
The working theory here,is that he fell out with the maestro.Some bridges can't be repaired.

Ex has the details,but one needs to be in the inner inner-circle.It's a plain mystery to me and will remain so.

pingpong91

Post by pingpong91 »

Think it's a good idea for a chesky bid back in for tonks when Palace go down? Haven't thought it through much just throwing it out there. 3m or 4m
Fortunes always hiding

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

Clayton wrote:Many have said how they have been impressed by Snodgrass , to me he looks very average and hasnt impressed me at all , the same with Kouyate today playing at right back , he looked awkward and out of position many times but some have said he had a good game . Noble hes looking like someone who is half paced and always trying to catch up , which cant help Obiang.
You must be having a laugh about Kouyate, he's easily the best athlete on the team & as part of a back 3 he brought the pace & covering that Reid, Fonte or ginge can't do. Thought he was brilliant in what is not his favorite position.
#fuckqatar2022

Dandy Devo

Post by Dandy Devo »

[font=][/font]Snodgrass was fairly decent yesterday, I thought.
Chech had a decent game, did some decent, interceptions and important ones at that. I expect a player who doesn't play that position to get out of position at times.
Noble frustrates me and it's all about not being quick enough in his decision making, it's too slow and misses out on good opportunities to pass forward.
Mr Fegoo needs to keep his game simple, whilst trying to get used to English football. No flick tricks.
I've seen a very slight improvement in his game.
In Bill Hicks we trust.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

We need to get Wiley and Obi as the main stay of our midfield,and work the rest of it
out on a match by match basis,let them get an understanding,one goes one stays,man marking
in certain situations,let em get a bond and stop moving Wiley around.

It is funny how we all see the game differently,and attitudes change very quickly,one
minute Byram is our full time right back,next he's not really up to it,Nobes is taking
flak,now Cress is getting a bit,Ginge has gone Hero to zero in 6months,ACs gone the
other way,Lanzini splits everyone.
In my view I would not have been picking Payet,last 7-8 games he simply wasn't good
enough,but everyone was saying ,Nah he's brilliant gotta play,but you could see,he just wasn't
bothered,and not one offer from another club,no interest whatsoever,tells you everything.

I personally want a three at the back,which we're almost certainly gonna be playing next
year anyway, Reid,Fonte,Oggi,(less Winston decides he wants some Euro footie,scousers need a
decent CB ) but I think a majority are happy with a flat 4.

It's all about opinions,everyone is entitled to theirs,only thing I really don't like is verbal
abuse of our own players at games,fair enough a bit to your mate next to you,but not
shouting and screaming full on,which you see now and again.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Hammertime wrote:
Clayton wrote:Many have said how they have been impressed by Snodgrass , to me he looks very average and hasnt impressed me at all , the same with Kouyate today playing at right back , he looked awkward and out of position many times but some have said he had a good game . Noble hes looking like someone who is half paced and always trying to catch up , which cant help Obiang.
You must be having a laugh about Kouyate, he's easily the best athlete on the team & as part of a back 3 he brought the pace & covering that Reid, Fonte or ginge can't do. Thought he was brilliant in what is not his favorite position.
But as you say , as part of a back 3 there is no denying his quality and athleticism and I dont have any problem with him playing that position , but he doesnt look comfortable playing as a RB thats just my opinion.