Prediction League - Round 37 - Results

Chat about anything football related here!
OZHAMMER

Prediction League - Round 37 - Results

Post by OZHAMMER »

This competition is effectively over!! Mick produces a ripper of a round of 210 points, and is a mammoth 320 points clear of Ibby going into the final round. We are done here folks.

Well done to Shark for topping the round with 220 points, and he gives himself an outside chance of getting into Europa.

I scored the same as Mick with 210 points, and have now jumped Clay. Towie is also hot on his heels, and there is a real possibility that Clay drops out of the CL places altogether.

Other notable scores include Jay and Andy with 190 and 180 respectively. You know it's been a relatively easy round when these two do well.

Even with thirteen (13) matches this round, and some relatively straightforward matches, our Welsh friend has simply embarrassed himself. 40 points?! Seriously?! If you tried to pick your nose, you would have poked yourself in the eye...

Special mention to Deano for getting triple figures for the first time since Moses was a boy. Although relegation is all but confirmed, he has avoided the dreaded wooden spoon.

EastCoast was so late this week that he still hasn't got his tips in for this round! :D

Good luck in the final round fellas. There are still some European places to be won or lost,
Attachments
2023-2024 - Round 37 - Prediction League Results.PNG
2023-2024 - Round 37 - Prediction League Results.PNG (157.9 KiB) Viewed 98 times
Last edited by OZHAMMER on Thu May 16, 2024 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clayton

Re: Prediction League - Round 37 - Results

Post by Clayton »

Thanks Oz for all the effort you put in weekly , which is more then can be said about my predictions this end of the season . Just surprised I held onto 3rd place for so long , expected Towie to pass me some time ago , but he's been almost as bad as me of late .
Oh well onwards and upwards hopefully next week :o ;) .

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Cheers Ozzy, It was a case of missing out very closely to 80 points for my prediction of West Ham 2-1 Luton Town with Mick putting 3-1 for West Ham to win and Earthy gave him a gift.

With those 10 rounds of matches and I am 320 points behind the top, NO WAY I can catch him UNLESS I get ALL spot-on scores of 40 points out of 8 games which is 320 points plus 2 x 180 points so that 500 points to be taken but that WON'T happened so Congratulation to Mick.

Ozzy, I have an idea for next season. Teams in top 4 of the final prediction table can do prediction for Champions League while the teams on 5th and 6th can do Europa League prediction and team who finished 7th, can also included 8th for Europa Conference predictions as 1 team is no use if predicting alone......Or top 4 for Champions League and 5th to 7th (3) for both Europa Cup and Conference Cup.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Down under mick

Post by Down under mick »

Ibbyham wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 9:52 am Cheers Ozzy, It was a case of missing out very closely to 80 points for my prediction of West Ham 2-1 Luton Town with Mick putting 3-1 for West Ham to win and Earthy gave him a gift.

With those 10 rounds of matches and I am 320 points behind the top, NO WAY I can catch him UNLESS I get ALL spot-on scores of 40 points out of 8 games which is 320 points plus 2 x 180 points so that 500 points to be taken but that WON'T happened so Congratulation to Mick.

Ozzy, I have an idea for next season. Teams in top 4 of the final prediction table can do prediction for Champions League while the teams on 5th and 6th can do Europa League prediction and team who finished 7th, can also included 8th for Europa Conference predictions as 1 team is no use if predicting alone......Or top 4 for Champions League and 5th to 7th (3) for both Europa Cup and Conference Cup.
Thanks mate very lucky

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Ibbyham wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 9:52 am Cheers Ozzy, It was a case of missing out very closely to 80 points for my prediction of West Ham 2-1 Luton Town with Mick putting 3-1 for West Ham to win and Earthy gave him a gift.

Does that mean Dano, Deano, and the Welshman will be tipping the Championship next year?!!

:lol: :lol:

God damn, I crack myself up!!

deanox

Post by deanox »

Cheers Oz, although I have done a Leicester this year, I feel it in my piss that next year will be a great one.

Fantastic work on these prediction tables, hopefully you will be doing this again next year?
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

deanox wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:17 pm Cheers Oz, although I have done a Leicester this year, I feel it in my piss that next year will be a great one.

Fantastic work on these prediction tables, hopefully you will be doing this again next year?
Thanks Deano.

I'm happy to continue, unless someone else wants to have a crack at it...?

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Ibbyham wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 9:52 am
If you want to run a tipping comp for the European cup competitions next season Ibbs, I'm happy for you to do that. But I would suggest putting the feelers out first, to see how many of the top seven are interested.

Edit: BB used to do an FA Cup tipping comp as well. That might be something else worth seeing if there is any interest. But that would be up to someone else to run as well.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

OZHAMMER wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:07 pm

Does that mean Dano, Deano, and the Welshman will be tipping the Championship next year?!!

God damn, I crack myself up!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That one way of doing it, but I doubt there will be more than 20 of them so those bottom 3 are unlikely to do predictions for Championship unless significiant numbers of fans wanting to do the predictions. One league should be ok.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

WelshIron

Post by WelshIron »

Cheers Oz.

Fucking dreadful display from me this week, continuing the season-long trend :lol: