Crystal Palace vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Crystal Palace vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

With our European dream over and now the only chance to try to finish 8th but with our squad so small, I can't see that happening as we got Palace (away), Liverpool (Home), Chelsea (away), Luton (home) and Man City (away ) so unlikely for us to get more than 3 points and likely to finish around 10th to 11th at best and Moyes was to blame for not getting players in January at least 2. West Ham played very well against Bayer Leverkusen at LS and the mid-way 2nd half shows our players are absolutely knackered and Moyes did the subs as usual, very late from 85th minutes that won't help the players fatigues. Away to Palace on Sunday 3pm than 2pm, will be very tough task after Palace buoyed over their famous 1-0 win away at the victims. They will be fresh and I can't see us getting anything from here, even with Paqueta and Emerson back, the rest of the squad are already tired out. It will be likely a repeat of Fulham last week but there is hope that we will perform excellent to get anything from this game to keep the 7th or 8th spot alive. I hope to see Areola back between the stick and that will give us a bit confidence. Aguerd is injured so expectee Mavropanos to return likely with Zouma which I hope Zouma will be ok for this match. All I hope for Mavro panos NOT to make costly mistake as he did against Fulham. Moyes could use Ogbonna if possible with Mavropanos if Zouma is fatigue.

Squad:

Areola

Coufal
Zouma
Mavropanos
Emerson

Alvarez
Soucek

Bowen
Paqueta
Kudus

Antonio.

This is looking a good line-up but the problem is fatigues that are costly. Hope Moyes can put some youngster in 2nd half BUT I don't want to see Moyes replacing the attacker with defenders mid-way 2nd half as that cost us so many points this season.

Result probable:

Crystal Palace win: 60%
Draw 30%
West Ham win 10%

That is largely cos we have a very small squad and tired legs all around otherwise if there is no tiredness, we can beat them as we did at Arsenal.

COYI!!!!
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

JayK

Re: Crystal Palace vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by JayK »

Don’t think 8th will get us Europe anyway. Our 1st 11 will be fucked after tonight AND deflated. I don’t see a result going our way this weekend.

Did anyone see the palace goal vs Liverpool last weekend. Victims couldn’t get near them. Unbelievable goal
COYI!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Season over. Moyes out .
Bring back Jonathon !

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

JayK wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:19 pm Don’t think 8th will get us Europe anyway. Our 1st 11 will be fucked after tonight AND deflated. I don’t see a result going our way this weekend.

Did anyone see the palace goal vs Liverpool last weekend. Victims couldn’t get near them. Unbelievable goal
I did see that, as well as the reaction from Klopp - that was a compliment within itself.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

JayK wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:19 pm Don’t think 8th will get us Europe anyway. Our 1st 11 will be fucked after tonight AND deflated. I don’t see a result going our way this weekend.

Looks like the extra CL place will go to Italy or Germany. And don't forget if Chelsea win the F A Cup they will automatically get a Europa League slot.

No chance whatsoever of us being in Europe next season, imo that ambition died at St James Park. Only way the remaining fixtures have any interest now is if we use the opportunity to blood some of the better kids.

Doubt it will happen so it will be an opportunity wasted.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

OZHAMMER wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:11 am

I did see that, as well as the reaction from Klopp - that was a compliment within itself.
Yeah assuming it wasn’t an edited vid that was a compliment
COYI!!!

JayK

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:52 am

Looks like the extra CL place will go to Italy or Germany. And don't forget if Chelsea win the F A Cup they will automatically get a Europa League slot.

No chance whatsoever of us being in Europe next season, imo that ambition died at St James Park. Only way the remaining fixtures have any interest now is if we use the opportunity to blood some of the better kids.

Been saying Europe is done since the draw for the quarters and never expected us to get there via the league this season.
COYI!!!

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

Lack of investment in players and as always no striker last January and for many seasons before. I think we finished up with the oldest back four ever put out on a football field yesterday.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

JayK wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:34 am
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:52 am

Been saying Europe is done since the draw for the quarters and never expected us to get there via the league this season.
I couldn't see us beating Leverkusen tbh, but up until the Newcastle fiasco I thought we could and should have finished top 7. Not everyone's cup of tea but I've enjoyed the Thursday night European evenings. Didn't go to any aways this time but enjoyed the first Europa season trips to Europe.

Unfortunately I think it will be a bloody long time before we get the opportunity again., There's a really big rebuild job ahead and with no Euro tournaments on offer I think the dayus of attracting players like Alvarez and Kudus are gone. I guess the next battle will be trying to hold ontop them for next season. Kudus is being heavily linked with a move to Barcelona already I see.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

palace scored a belter of a goal against the pool....they then rode their luck for an hour with liverpool missing a ton of chances. Palace have started to improve since new manager went in and i reckon we may pay the price for the high energy thursday night showing.
No idea who is even fit to start tbh. But paquetta owes us a performance (or 2) imo and if these final games are his last i hope he commits to them 100%.
Our defence looks paper thin and relying on ogbonna may have to be it.
palace win.