New Striker

Chat about anything football related here!
deanox

New Striker

Post by deanox »

We all know we need anew striker.
At present we have two excellent prospects from our under 21’s, Mubama and Marshal.
For the life of me I can’t understand why these two are not selected for cup games and in Marshals case getting a sniff of first team action. But then again of course we know the reason and even so it’s baffling me why we use ings instead of either of the kids.
I guess the only way for either to get first team football is to leave or wait until moyes is sacked.

"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

JayK

Re: New Striker

Post by JayK »

deanox wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:10 pm We all know we need anew striker.
At present we have two excellent prospects from our under 21’s, Mubama and Marshal.
For the life of me I can’t understand why these two are not selected for cup games and in Marshals case getting a sniff of first team action. But then again of course we know the reason and even so it’s baffling me why we use ings instead of either of the kids.
I guess the only way for either to get first team football is to leave or wait until moyes is sacked.

Absolutely right Deano
COYI!!!

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

That what worries me as Moyes is so stubborn not to put Mubama some games and Mubama feel that he lost trust in Moyes which is why he is not signing a contract and I don't want Callum Marshall, Kudoa and Earthy who those 3 are so excellent in U21 to have the same problems. Moyes already driving away few of our youth players that were so close to first team after successful U21s but lost faith with Moyes and went elsewhere and that tearing us apart.

West Ham Youth won the FA Youth Cup last season for the first time since 1999 and surely those 4 players in Mubama, Marshall, Kudoa and Earthy are capble of gettime some games for West Ham this season but Moyes is not giving them chance as he kept putting useless Benrahma, Fornals, Ings and Antonio who they are not giving us anything.

Harry Redknapp was the last manager for giving 4 youth players first teams and went on to greater things in Ferdinand, Lampard, Cole and Carrick.

That ONE REASON why I WANT Moyes gone by no later than end of May. Even Mark Noble is very frustrated of Moyes not giving the youth a chance and patience is running out.

We can't ill-afford to lose any more youth players as it is so rarely to get a good ones.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

You make some valid points Deano. Would love to see Marshall getting some playing time.
Flairon

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

100% nailed it mate. Everyone knows it's risky putting a kid in to a big match situation. But, and it's a fucking big BUT, we're not talking about replacing Haaland or Mbappe with a youngster but a couple of strikers who, let''s be brutally frank, are past their sell by dates. There is absolutely no downside, other than possibly totally demoralising them because of the lack of service. On Saturday for example I actually felt sorry for Ings. Some doughnut was slagging him off for only having a few touches of the ball. Hardly his fault when by the time he came on Brentford had realised the way to cancel our threat was to shut Kudus down by denying him the ball. Had we sent Mubama on, or for that matter Haaland or Mbappe, they would have not been able to impact the game without the ball. But I'd certainly prefer either Mubama or Marshall to be given a start than the two old boys on Thursday night.

And let's face it, there is less risk playing an inexperienced kid up front than in any other position. Neither Antonio nor Ings does any defensive work of significance.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

I absolutely agree that both Mubama and Marshall should be given game time in the Europa League. Along with other 'kids' on the bench. But are they ready to start in league football ? Maybe as late-ish subs but it's a tough ask.

The lump should never start a PL game for us again imo. A late impact substitute cameo against tired defenders possibly and while Ings can't be solely to blame because of McFuckwit's system, it's hard to make a case for him being in the matchday squad.

There are plenty of will they won't they rumours around regarding the power struggle and the Jock prick's fate atm and I doubt anybody outside the club knows the real truth but a striker, on loan with an option possibly, in January is a must.

And if Steidten identifies such a player as being available but not fitting into the Moyes game plan, the solution is simple.

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

Needed a new striker, for years

Problem is, with our wage structure, who are we going to get for 125K a week ...........................
Covid in the Boardroom

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

jameskel wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:12 am Needed a new striker, for years

Problem is, with our wage structure, who are we going to get for 125K a week ...........................
danny ings. :lol:

exhammer

Post by exhammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:33 am

100% nailed it mate. Everyone knows it's risky putting a kid in to a big match situation. But, and it's a fucking big BUT, we're not talking about replacing Haaland or Mbappe with a youngster but a couple of strikers who, let''s be brutally frank, are past their sell by dates. There is absolutely no downside, other than possibly totally demoralising them because of the lack of service. On Saturday for example I actually felt sorry for Ings. Some doughnut was slagging him off for only having a few touches of the ball. Hardly his fault when by the time he came on Brentford had realised the way to cancel our threat was to shut Kudus down by denying him the ball. Had we sent Mubama on, or for that matter Haaland or Mbappe, they would have not been able to impact the game without the ball. But I'd certainly prefer either Mubama or Marshall to be given a start than the two old boys on Thursday night.

And let's face it, there is less risk playing an inexperienced kid up front than in any other position. Neither Antonio nor Ings does any defensive work of significance.
goodpost:)

I dont hold with the muppets who say everything that goes wrong is down to Moyes but his refusal to give youth a chance is a big fault of his. So is his use of subs which is always like for like. Never shakes up the system . Good point about Ings. Strikers cant do anything if they dont get the service from the rest of the team. But I do want to see Mubama or Callum get a run. They cant do no worse than what weve had up front in the last few matches.

JayK

Post by JayK »

:lol:
Attachments
IMG_5932.jpeg
IMG_5932.jpeg (77.05 KiB) Viewed 2169 times
COYI!!!