JWP set pieces...............

Chat about anything football related here!
deanox

welcome to the club JWP

Post by deanox »

There seems to be a lack of enthusiasm for the signing of Ward-Prowse! 30M seems a lot but when you see the fees that are being paid, I think we have got a really good signing.

We all know his abilities with a dead ball, but he is also a work horse in the midfield.

All in all, a good signing and could be really useful on the European nights.
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

Dwayne Pipes

Re: welcome to the club JWP

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

deanox wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:55 am There seems to be a lack of enthusiasm for the signing of Ward-Prowse! 30M seems a lot but when you see the fees that are being paid, I think we have got a really good signing.

We all know his abilities with a dead ball, but he is also a work horse in the midfield.

Agree.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

deanox wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:55 am There seems to be a lack of enthusiasm for the signing of Ward-Prowse! 30M seems a lot but when you see the fees that are being paid, I think we have got a really good signing.

I'm in the underwhelmed category but I admit I haven't watched Southampton too often so I'm hoping your assessment of the bloke proves to be on the ball. Presumably we'll have our first view of the guy this weekend.

Unfortunately I still think we're in for an arse reaming.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

I think he is a good acquisition, but he's been at Southampton for a long time. In that time no one has attempted to buy him, and now that they have been relegated, still no one has tried to beat us to the signing.
Does that tell us anything about the players ability, or does it tell us more about our scouting network.
Anyhow, he scored 11 goals last season, so surely he has something to offer.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:45 am

Agree.
I don’t . But I’ve made my point over the last 3 weeks so I’m not going to bang on about it any more.
I’ll just leave you with 2 words ….
Maguire
Lingard
Bring back Jonathon !

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:00 am

Agree.
I don’t . But I’ve made my point over the last 3 weeks so I’m not going to bang on about it any more.
Maguire
Lingard
Righto.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Castiron wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:59 am I think he is a good acquisition, but he's been at Southampton for a long time. In that time no one has attempted to buy him, and now that they have been relegated, still no one has tried to beat us to the signing.
Does that tell us anything about the players ability, or does it tell us more about our scouting network.
How many of the 11 were free kicks? He might only get to take them from outside our box the way Moyes plays. :lol:
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

tassiehammer wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:11 am
Castiron wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:59 am I think he is a good acquisition, but he's been at Southampton for a long time. In that time no one has attempted to buy him, and now that they have been relegated, still no one has tried to beat us to the signing.
How many of the 11 were free kicks? He might only get to take them from outside our box the way Moyes plays. :lol:
His assists were good aswell I believe.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:00 am

Agree.
Maguire
Lingard
Absolute b*llocks mate.At least JWP wanted to come to us.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

tassiehammer wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:11 am
3 direct free kicks and 3 penalties (2 missed) all competitions