Rice

Chat about anything football related here!
Optimistic Lee

Re: Rice

Post by Optimistic Lee »

Whiskyman,

I hope that We can agree to disagree on a few points of discussion.

I agree that we should try to consider this as just another transfer. However, I disagree to the extent that this is not a Payet fuck up; this was a home grown player that has fallen through our currently weak grasp in favour of a (para phrasing) once in a lifetime legendary experience, with the Arselickers with whom he expects to see out the rest of his professional playing career.

WHAT A LOAD OF BOLLOCKS.

Both Nick and I have every right to be fucking angry and sick to the stomach with the fact that we embraced and protected the Chelsea orphan to develop him into the player that he is today.
Tough times never last but tough people do

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Personally I treat him as just another player/ mercenary whatever you want to call him. They are all the same in my book, the days of a one club player are very few and far between. Footballs a very short career, give it a season or two and he'll be just another opposition player to put a few fucks in to.
I do wonder why some people are saying how marvelous he's been blah blah blah. Ffs he didn't do it for nothing, he did actually get fucking well paid for his services, 60k a week isn't bad for a 24 year old! And if true he was offered 200k a week to stay but still chose to fuck off.
Good luck to him, kiss the badge whatever, wipe his arse with it for all I care.
But don't go bawling over the cunt, he don't give two fucks about you or West Ham.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Optimistic Lee wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:30 pm Whiskyman,

I agree that we should try to consider this as just another transfer. However, I disagree to the extent that this is not a Payet fuck up; this was a home grown player that has fallen through our currently weak grasp in favour of a (para phrasing) once in a lifetime legendary experience, with the Arselickers with whom he expects to see out the rest of his professional playing career.

WHAT A LOAD OF BOLLOCKS.

Both Nick and I have every right to be fucking angry and sick to the stomach with the fact that we embraced and protected the Chelsea orphan to develop him into the player that he is today.
And i’m sure you will agree while he was employed by us he played to the best of his very considerable ability and never behaved in a manner likely to embarrass his employer. He believed that Arsenal offered him a better chance of playing at the highest level, the Champions League, than West Ham did and he requested a move. The club could have held him to the 2 year option they had but chose not to.

He moved to better himself. Same as we all did in our own careers. It’s what people do. Simple as that.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:20 pm
Optimistic Lee wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:30 pm Whiskyman,

WHAT A LOAD OF BOLLOCKS.

And i’m sure you will agree while he was employed by us he played to the best of his very considerable ability and never behaved in a manner likely to embarrass his employer. He believed that Arsenal offered him a better chance of playing at the highest level, the Champions League, than West Ham did and he requested a move. The club could have held him to the 2 year option they had but chose not to.

He moved to better himself. Same as we all did in our own careers. It’s what people do. Simple as that.
I have a feeling you (&i) will be having this same discussion through out the season.
I just don’t get the antipathy towards a player who gave his best , won a trophy and had the good grace to be worth a kings ransom .
Crack on chaps and hope we don’t spunk the money on a tosser.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whatever anybody says,we lost a world class player,who has been with us since he was 14 years old.

Without him,we would have NOT achieved them Top 7 finishes and we wouldn't have won the Conference League.I know we still got one or two good players at the club,but we lost the heartbeat in Rice.He dis the work of two men.His has made Moyes look a better manager than he actually is.Let's see how good Moyes really is now with his depressing tactics now Rice has gone and hope his got a decent plan up his sleeve?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:50 pm Whatever anybody says,we lost a world class player,who has been with us since he was 14 years old.

Without him,we would have NOT achieved them Top 7 finishes and we wouldn't have won the Conference League.I
🤮 ffs you can crawl out of Rice’s ring piece any time now Tel .
One man team ffs :roll:
Bring back Jonathon !

Towie

Post by Towie »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:49 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:50 pm Whatever anybody says,we lost a world class player,who has been with us since he was 14 years old.

Without him,we would have NOT achieved them Top 7 finishes and we wouldn't have won the Conference League.I
Indeed, and wouldn’t have won conference league? In the final we did it with a largely anonymous Rice.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

You have a short memory then.

The Covid season when he got injured,we were bang on favorites to finish in Top 4.Rice gets injured and we lost 3 out of the next 4 games including games against struggling Newcastle and Everton.

Do you really believe we would have got Top 7 without him in them 2 years?

It is amazing that Rice has gone to have been one of the greatest players we have ever produced to Mr Ordinary in a week. :lol: Some West Ham fans :roll:

I hope Moyes can bring in a midfielder, (preferably another has Rice did the job of two) to makes us a half decent team.I do hope we do well this season,but I am not counting my chickens Tim.I don't think some of our fans realised the importance of Rice tbh.Let's wait and see.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Towie wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:55 pm

Indeed, and wouldn’t have won conference league? In the final we did it with a largely anonymous Rice.
I bet we'd have lost it if he wouldn't of played Towie.He was the glue that held us together,especially under Moyes unattractive tactics.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Can I draw a line under this subject now...... it's getting boring.... :D