West Ham vs Man City Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
hd1

Re: West Ham vs Man City Official Match Thread

Post by hd1 »

garnett wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:17 pm
hd1 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:10 pm Can anyone who watched it on the TV tell me why Haarlands kung-fu kick on Fabs was not a red or reviewed by VAR?

Apart from the fact we were playing Citeh!
Watch it yourself when you get home.
OK thanks :roll:

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

hd1 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:10 pm Can anyone who watched it on the TV tell me why Haarlands kung-fu kick on Fabs was not a red or reviewed by VAR?

Apart from the fact we were playing Citeh!
What kung fu kick was that ? , if anything it looked more like Fabianski tried to take him out , and I don't mean on a date .
Last edited by Clayton on Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Carl Douglas gave it a 2/10

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

andyginbrasil wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:46 pm
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:43 pm Back in the pub fuck me it was sweltering over there
That’s them cunts out the way we’ll Beaten by a side that will piss this fucking league
Two through balls to that odd looking cunt and good night Vienna but what a player he fucking is.

Anyhow a few changes to the side next week and the season begins.

Onwards and upwards.
Did it look like Antonio was injured?
Fuck knows I wouldn’t know the difference tbh

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

hd1 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:35 pm
garnett wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:17 pm

Watch it yourself when you get home.
OK thanks :roll:
Because he was no where near his face, or for that matter any part of Fabs.
Flairon

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Reading Moyes comments about the match you would live in hope that he learnt something but I somehow doubt it. It did sound like he doesn't have a plan B, well not one he can introduce during the same game, more like he might have an A B and C and works on the one he will use throughout the upcoming game.

Well we didn't look like a team to finish in the top 7, but it's just one game, consolation is we only lost by 2. Hopefully he will at least start with Scamacca and Cornet on Sunday.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

palerider

Post by palerider »

It can be argued that our season starts next week. I was out for a meal yesterday afternoon and didn't bother to check the score, indeed I was a tad relieved when I did. But judging by what I've read and what friends have said, Fornals and Lanzini wouldn't have looked out of place with the Lionesses, Soucek too, although that would be one fucking ugly bint.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

palerider wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:39 am It can be argued that our season starts next week. I was out for a meal yesterday afternoon and didn't bother to check the score, indeed I was a tad relieved when I did. But judging by what I've read and what friends have said, Fornals and Lanzini wouldn't have looked out of place with the Lionesses, Soucek too, although that would be one fucking ugly bint.
Would have liked to hear the talk Moyes gave pre match, I don't think it would have been one to inspire a win, more on the lines of try to keep the score down and for fuck sake don't get yourself injured. Well I guess we can't blame them, I am sure they was of the same mind as the majority of us.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

We just got back from a family week in Lanzarote so I only caught the last 35 minutes live. It was Manchester City FFS. They outclassed us, as any team of their ability will do against most of the other teams in the PL. Honestly I can only see Liverpool or Spurs giving them any sort of concern this season.

Hopefully we will have learned something about game management. The way City took the piss after their second goal was exactly the way a game should be killed off. Keep possession with simple little pass and move routines, not jus hoofing the ball upfield for it to come straight back.

The only positives I could draw from that game is that we only have to play them once more and Scamacca looked as if he is a striker who has something between his ears, which is a nice change. And on the evidence of that last 35 minutes the sooner Vlasic, or bloody anybody, comes in for Benrahma the better. His performances when we're out of possession are always pretty pathetic so what Moyes was thinking when he picked his for yesterday's game, when we were always going to be ball watching most of it, only he knows.

Let's hope lessons have been learned.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:43 am We just got back from a family week in Lanzarote so I only caught the last 35 minutes live. It was Manchester City FFS. They outclassed us, as any team of their ability will do against most of the other teams in the PL. Honestly I can only see Liverpool or Spurs giving them any sort of concern this season.

Hopefully we will have learned something about game management. The way City took the piss after their second goal was exactly the way a game should be killed off. Keep possession with simple little pass and move routines, not jus hoofing the ball upfield for it to come straight back.

The only positives I could draw from that game is that we only have to play them once more and Scamacca looked as if he is a striker who has something between his ears, which is a nice change. And on the evidence of that last 35 minutes the sooner Vlasic, or bloody anybody, comes in for Benrahma the better. His performances when we're out of possession are always pretty pathetic so what Moyes was thinking when he picked his for yesterday's game, when we were always going to be ball watching most of it, only he knows.

Let's hope lessons have been learned.
All of us were expecting nothing from this game and that's all we got " nothing ". Will Moyes have learnt something from this game?! Well I asked similar in my other post, he might have learnt but will he change the way he thinks. Somehow I doubt it. He continued his same tactics long after they were sussed so I find it hard to think he will alter his views well before it's too late. We will see, but he needs to shake it up a bit.

Now I read ( yeh yeh probably Bs) that he is again complaining that he needs more players to liven up a stale squad. Pity he didn't think of that earlier., Like in January.