Rice

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: Rice or Moyes

Post by h69 »

BlackDiamond wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:59 pm
Towie wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:52 pm

End of season is what counts for above, let’s wait till then before including in the Guardiola, Klopp bracket.
Good gracious,I didn't mean to imply that I was putting him into the category - I simply observed that others could put him in the conversation. The opposite is happening with everyone piling into the Ole Gunnar Solskjær is a championship manager conversation.

The conversation is always directed to the prevailing scenery at the time. It is what it is - as Bobby De Niro once said...
Ole Gunnar Solkjaer a championship manager ? Don't be ridiculous.........

.......he fucked right up with Cardiff. League 1 at best.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

brookingslovechild wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:27 pm wow , how the tables have turned, didnt think the majority would say moyes.

Tend to agree that he has worked wonders on johnson, creswell is like a spritely 20yr old , diop fullfilling his potential and dawson / noble have had a lease of life. If its down to moyes and the coaches why couldnt he find/develop the next rice.

With a bigger budget fergie used to re-invent utd every couple of years without any hesitation.

Will still be a sad day when rice goes but as of right now its moyes ( and 150m for rice and thanks for memories).
Let's not be too despondent about the Rice situation. It may be unlikely that he stays but, imo, the number of clubs who , a) could afford him and b) offer him a genuinely bigger chance of major honours is diminishing. 12 to 18 months ago people were still regarding Spurs and Arsenal as "Big 6" clubs and had Rice moved to either of those before the start of last season it would have been seen as an upward step. Now ? Of course it wouldn't. Barcelona would conceivably have been a club eyeing his progress as a replacement for Busquets but today's Barcelona isn't an attractive proposition for a player right now is it ? Which leaves Manchester United. And surely it has to be said nobody in their right mind would want to move to that particular circus of a club at the present moment in time. West Ham have as much, or more, chance of lifting silverware as they do as long as Solskjaer remains in charge there.

I still expect him to leave someday. Players in today's game, even those with the top clubs, come and go with frequency. But the only two realistic destinations now seem to be Manchester City and Chelsea. Liverpool haven't , it appears, got the financial clout to compete at the very top of the transfer market. And for someone or something to be sold there has to be a buyer. If we continue to make progress it may well be that Rice will commit himself to a longer stay than most of us, including me, expected this time last year. Certainly a move away doesn't look as necessary for the development of his career as it once did. Obviously things could change, our wheels could fall off, and we go back to being the old West Ham. But on the other hand maybe there are one or two reasons for optimism.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

h69

Post by h69 »

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Fuck Moyes , see ya Dave .

:lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Parry Hotter wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:41 am Managers the most important bloke in a club imo. So has to be Moyes.
Ole Gunna says " Thanks parry, tell my boss please" :D
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

We all know it will happen but it will be a fucking sad day when Rice leaves,the lad is an immense player for our club and country and in my book will be irreplaceable
An absolute lovely fella too.
Players come and go that’s football but I will be genuinely gutted when this fella fucks off to pastures new.

Moyes has worked fucking miracles turning this team from a fucking unfit .disorganised ,uninterested pile of shit into something to be proud of.

Hats off to him and his staff.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:05 pm We all know it will happen but it will be a fucking sad day when Rice leaves,the lad is an immense player for our club and country and in my book will be irreplaceable
Players come and go that’s football but I will be genuinely gutted when this fella fucks off to pastures new.

Moyes has worked fucking miracles turning this team from a fucking unfit .disorganised ,uninterested pile of shit into something to be proud of.

Yet we won without him yesterday.
COYI!!!

Towie

Post by Towie »

JayK wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:30 pm
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:05 pm We all know it will happen but it will be a fucking sad day when Rice leaves,the lad is an immense player for our club and country and in my book will be irreplaceable

And with him in the team, we wouldn’t have needed pens.😉
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:00 pm
JayK wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:30 pm

And with him in the team, we wouldn’t have needed pens.😉
You may well be right. We will never know. But without a manager pulling everything together we would probably have played a totally different game and done what we have become accustomed to when facing a serious player over the years. I mean of course losing, and probably by a decent sized margin.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Well said mate. My feelings to a tee.