Don´t sign Lingard! Let´s use David Moyes jr and the other new signed scouts to find the new Payet!

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Re: Don´t sign Lingard! Let´s use David Moyes jr and the other new signed scouts to find the new Payet!

Post by palerider »

Lingard isn't signing anyway.

But having Mark Noble for a final season is like a new signing.

Whiskyman

Re: Don´t sign Lingard! Let´s use David Moyes jr and the other new signed scouts to find the new Payet!

Post by Whiskyman »

Riceascaptain wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:39 am
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:37 am

That Lionel Messi bloke's quite good too. But as this is a West Ham transfer forum I won't bother posting a clip of his skills because, like Damsgaard, he is out of our range.
Why exactly is he out of our range?

Now with the Europa League on the horizon we have more pulling power on the market
Surprised I have to explain it tbh. When signing a player there are 2 main things the buying club has to consider.
1. Is he the right fit for the club.
2. How much would he cost

It's number 2 that is the issue my friend. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:40 am

Now with the Europa League on the horizon we have more pulling power on the market
Surprised I have to explain it tbh. When signing a player there are 2 main things the buying club has to consider.

Beats me how the Europa League is considered to have pulling power tbh .

Compared to the CL it must be like a Friday night down the grab-a-granny .
Bring back Jonathon !

Riceascaptain

Post by Riceascaptain »

My friends and doubters Whiskyman and Newmarket you will be pleasantly surprised by our transfer dealings at the end of the window.

Fear not

whufc_crest

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Riceascaptain wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:17 am
Brookbonds73 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:11 am

I think what whisky means is the stumbling block is our fantastic owners and their somewhat lack of ambition.
Moyes was in a pole position in his recent new contract talks where he got it through to put together a proper scouting network, he has also most likely negotiated a healthy budget. The club would have never allowed him to take this job with the UEFA at the Euros if it wouldn´t benefit the club in some way. Time will tell but I believe straight after the tournament the real business starts and I believe everyone will be pleasantly surprised at the end of this transfer window.
Think you may well have to come back to this post at the end of the transfer window and stare in disbelief and bewilderment that you were gullible enough to believe Moyes intentions in his new contract dealings were anything more than improving his earnings , I doubt he could negotiate anything in all honesty with our owners .
Where is this proper scouting network , he has just employed his son , so good start :roll: , though he himself is in a handy position being as he is working at the Euros as a technical observer for UEFA , so is in the ideal position to watch the best that Europe has to offer , though I would hazard a guess there are better still available not used by their international selectors .
As for this healthy transfer budget , what would that be to you , £50m plus ? surely to make it healthy it would have to bring to the club what it needs to get us through a season in the league and europe ( any long term injuries to the likes of Antonio - Cresswell and Fabianski or even Rice/Soucek or any one of the Center Backs would see us fighting for our lives .
For me at least we need for the starting eleven an above average Striker , Attacking Midfielder , Center Back , Left Back and a Goal Keeper but also in my eyes a backup Striker and a Center Mid , but obviously that would be far outside what Moyes is likely to be able to achieve with the budget he will get from the owners .
So for me a healthy transfer budget would have to exceed a total of £120m 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 , just to give us a decent and healthy squad .
Last edited by Clayton on Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

JayK wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:33 am
Riceascaptain wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:17 am

Moyes was in a pole position in his recent new contract talks where he got it through to put together a proper scouting network, he has also most likely negotiated a healthy budget. The club would have never allowed him to take this job with the UEFA at the Euros if it wouldn´t benefit the club in some way. Time will tell but I believe straight after the tournament the real business starts and I believe everyone will be pleasantly surprised at the end of this transfer window.
Wasn’t it Moyes who said he always likes to get his business done early? And his scouting network is his son who we have no idea on his credentials to do said job
Moyes may have said it , but history and the Everton fans would say otherwise .

palerider

Post by palerider »

Wouldn't clubs with a professional scouting team, not a kid helping his old man out and a couple of old cunts walking off their hangovers on Wanstead Flats also be looking for the new Payet ?

Just saying.

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

Riceascaptain, so, where is your info from, or is it on a par, with a good old conspiracy theory? Spout bollocks, dont back it up, then dissappear

Our owners, are a couple of seedy old, mac wearing cunts.

So if you know them or are close (as you imply) tell them to fuck off and take the Football manager 20 gimp, with them
Covid in the Boardroom

h69

Post by h69 »

JayK wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:04 am I liked Schlager as a back up for Rice. Isak for the Swedes looks a handful up front. And who was that fella up front for Switzerland tonight? He’s looked pretty good too. As for the next payet…..fuck knows
Liked the look of the Orsic guy that was playing for Croatia.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:40 am

Surely there's a number 3? ...it's fucking Lionel Messi 😂😂