Antonio Love in - I don't get it.

Chat about anything football related here!
Porterman

Re: Antonio Love in - I don't get it.

Post by Porterman »

wokinghama wrote:Noble is very poor as an individual....

Stopped reading after that tbh

Did you.

Despite the fact he's got no pace,is a poor tackler, has no great heading ability and rarely scores from open play.

But thanks for pointing out his assets ( will give you a heads up though I have a stated regularly that he is massive in team morale).

Have a good day now.

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

The original post is comical at best.

With regard to Noble, his pass success rate in the premiership was apparently 86.4%, (with over 1300 passes) which is not to be sniffed at.

I cannot find the stat for the amount of ground he covered but believe that to be amongst the best in the Premiership. Ad to that Porterman's comments about his leadership /inspirational abilities and there is plenty to appreciate.
Flairon

punkrockhammer

Post by punkrockhammer »

Gonzo wrote:
eskimo joe wrote:

Agree, that has been a craw in my throat for a while, for all the good Bilic has done it gets marred by his stubborn use of Antonio at RB.
Can't use learning as an excuse cause we have as much experience regarding Antonio and we all see it.

I fear now, because of that something that never occurred to me until you, Pale, pointed it out, and if we do get those players, Antonio will be moving on. Even he himself must hate playing in the position he has been of late, And as you said, he will be second fiddle for the wing.

I sometimes think that it would have almost been better to keep Antonio in his preferred position and used Byram when he could. Why do what appears to be grooming, why groom
a RMF to be a RB when you got a RB and one who himself is in need of it.

I think him playing at RB was more to do with Byram not being the finished article and Tomkins being limited going forward. I did not agree with him at RB and would have persisted with Tomkins but I don't believe that he'll repeat the error.
I thought Tomkins was a lot better than I expected going forward tbh

Beat a man when I didn't expect him to and put in some impressive crosses

Not a long term solution and not built like a wingback but rather have him there and Antonio further up

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

punkrockhammer wrote:
Gonzo wrote:

I think him playing at RB was more to do with Byram not being the finished article and Tomkins being limited going forward. I did not agree with him at RB and would have persisted with Tomkins but I don't believe that he'll repeat the error.
I thought Tomkins was a lot better than I expected going forward tbh

Beat a man when I didn't expect him to and put in some impressive crosses

Not a long term solution and not built like a wingback but rather have him there and Antonio further up
You're right about his crossing, it has improved hugely.

Aside from that Tomkins is probably my favourite player at the West Ham. We do some work filming for the club sometimes and he always says hello and is very friendly and likes a laugh. Something would definitely be lost from the players camaraderie were he to leave.
To be fair, Noble, Kouyate and Cresswell are all bloody nice people.

We still need a RB though :D

CambridgeIron71

Post by CambridgeIron71 »

I saw it as reward for his excellent form since Christmas and good man management from Bilic.

With Lanzini and Payet both back and Jenkinson gone the team shape changed. It looked more like a back 5 at times, switching to a 3 with the DM dropping deep and Cresswell and Antonio both bombing down the wings.

Thought he did ok and kept the positive attacking momentum that had served us so well up till then.

He's no where near the finished article but he seems a good lad, works hard and makes the best of his ability which seems to be acceptable to most regarding Noble.

As for numbers, no Spud would put this much effort in. I always thought it might be Nil or Ash or one of our own, but sometimes he oversteps the personal stuff which I certainly don't think Ash would have done.

Every board should have a numbers even for just bringing some of us back to reality. Negative cunt though. shakeass
Pretty bubbles in the air.

JustLikeMyDreams

Post by JustLikeMyDreams »

Now the dust has settled some what!
Michael Antonio looks to me as a person who feels privileged to be a professional footballer.He talks like me and you in interviews and enjoys the banter.He has come into a prem team on the up and never gave less than 100% to our team.He has proved he has a unique ability of scoring goals in any position on the field.He has been played out of position in his first season,in the top league in the world without complaint what a man.He has scored goals at important times to help win matches!And he will only improve with his workaholic mentality and proven natural ability he has shown.Good luck next season Antonio you have never let us down.

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

Been away on my hols and popped on to see what's been going on. As soon as I saw the thread title I knew the oxygen thief was back. Same old drivel I see.
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

HammerJammer wrote:Mr Gonzo,

Please remove this numbers troll.
It has its own forum at hammersmad.
We should not have to suffer it here as well.
We did not come over to the new forum for this kind of toxic shyte.

Don't worry HJ, won't be long until the poor excuse of a human being goes too far and gets banned..........
...........again

Post by 1234 »

Ironworksfc wrote:
HammerJammer wrote:Mr Gonzo,

Please remove this numbers troll.
It has its own forum at hammersmad.
We should not have to suffer it here as well.
We did not come over to the new forum for this kind of toxic shyte.

Don't worry HJ, won't be long until the poor excuse of a human being goes too far and gets banned..........
...........again

Ham and Iro having a conversation...stop what you're doing guys, I think a cure for cancer is on its way.

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

1234 wrote:
Ironworksfc wrote:

...........again

Ham and Iro having a conversation...stop what you're doing guys, I think a cure for cancer is on its way.

Oh hello Soppy Bollocks, I see you haven't managed to engage anymore brain cells during your last sabbatical. What amazing football facts and insight can you wow us all with this time around...... I'm so excited, I could just shit myself.