Domingos Quina

Chat about anything football related here!
Baddowhammer

Re: Domingos Quina

Post by Baddowhammer »

eskimo joe wrote:
Baddowhammer wrote: Similar height Quina slightly taller,both attackers,obviously this is where the beefing up and growing up comes in so why?
Thought Quina was a midfielder. Probably wrong though as they change positions often.

Can't see him becoming an Aguero , but he's only 18 or 19 so still time.

Will loaning him out to the chumps help when many have said it is quite physical?! Maybe if it teaches him how to cope.

If you haven't the physique you need to be fast and have the brain.
True I was merely pointing out there are plenty of smaller players ripping it up in the Prem.said with an optimistic tongue in cheek,but you never know. COYI

Baddowhammer

Post by Baddowhammer »

Clayton wrote:Could be a late developer , Lingard at 25 years old is a prime example of what you get if you are willing to wait . Mind you Quina is taller and heavier then Lingard has ever been .
Let's hope so he's only an inch taller than Lingard I'm not sure about weight but he's a beanpole at present similar to Lingard.Said more in response to diminutive players, I'm not sure he will make it but we can hope. COYI

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

eskimo joe wrote:
Baddowhammer wrote: Similar height Quina slightly taller,both attackers,obviously this is where the beefing up and growing up comes in so why?
Thought Quina was a midfielder. Probably wrong though as they change positions often.

Will loaning him out to the chumps help when many have said it is quite physical?! Maybe if it teaches him how to cope.

Loaning any decent player out would help them imo. Providing they actually get pitch time. I went with my youngest boy and 2 of my grandchildren to see Stevenage v Barnet yesterday and two of the best performances came from Luke Amos and Ben Sheaf both on loan at Stevenage from Spurs & Arsenal respectively. Far better experience for them than fannying around in that pathetic Academy league or whatever the fucking thing is called.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Baddowhammer

Post by Baddowhammer »

Whiskyman wrote:
eskimo joe wrote:

Loaning any decent player out would help them imo. Providing they actually get pitch time. I went with my youngest boy and 2 of my grandchildren to see Stevenage v Barnet yesterday and two of the best performances came from Luke Amos and Ben Sheaf both on loan at Stevenage from Spurs & Arsenal respectively. Far better experience for them than fannying around in that pathetic Academy league or whatever the fucking thing is called.
Makasi is doing very well for Plymouth, if you can find the right club that fits the player ie they play them and play them in something like their preferred position it can only be good even if it proves they're not up to it. COYI

punkrockhammer

Post by punkrockhammer »

Baddowhammer wrote:
BillyDWhizz wrote:
I'm 100% with you on this one. Obviously the kid has talent but he's, as you say far too lightweight for the PL. He'd probably tear it up in a slower, more technical league but he's not suited for cold Saturday at Stoke kind of games.
Lanzini,Sanchez, Aguero,T.Davies,the list of good diminutive players continue, I don't go with this he's too lightweight anymore as refs. now give them protection the prem. is becoming non contact as much as the European leagues now.Keep him beef him up and we could do with an Aguero. COYI
I don’t think his height is a potential problem, but his body strength might be

Messi and Hazars ain’t tall or built like a brick shithouse but ride challenges all the time

Yes, they are world class players but part of that is being able to stand up to the bigger and heavier players

Players like Sanchez and Aguero are short but have power in the right places. Just look at their legs. The fake Swiss fella at Stoke is the same

Baddowhammer

Post by Baddowhammer »

punkrockhammer wrote:
Baddowhammer wrote: Lanzini,Sanchez, Aguero,T.Davies,the list of good diminutive players continue, I don't go with this he's too lightweight anymore as refs. now give them protection the prem. is becoming non contact as much as the European leagues now.Keep him beef him up and we could do with an Aguero. COYI
I don’t think his height is a potential problem, but his body strength might be

Messi and Hazars ain’t tall or built like a brick shithouse but ride challenges all the time

Yes, they are world class players but part of that is being able to stand up to the bigger and heavier players

Players like Sanchez and Aguero are short but have power in the right places. Just look at their legs. The fake Swiss fella at Stoke is the same
Of course I'm not making direct comparisons but at 18 a boy grows into a man and by 21 most are developed physically if guided and trained he will bulk out in the right places however this doesn't come with guarantees of a world class player but who knows?.

LeeWHU88

Post by LeeWHU88 »

Each time I've seen him play he's looked fucking shit. Keep seeing reports of all these teams that are interested in him and don't understand why. Reckon in a couple of years he will be in the Championship.

Macca666

Post by Macca666 »

Some of the criticism of the boy is a tad harsh In my opinion still only 18 plenty of time to come good. Half the problem is he's at a club that generally struggles and have bang average players and are more often than not in a relegation battle so first team action is virtually non existent as he'll be deemed a risk, stick him in a man Utd team where he's got quality around him and I bet he'll look a much better player.

Flairon

Domingos Quina

Post by Flairon »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Has anyone been following the development squad this season and if so, how is the young lad Quina developing? He certainly seems t be a precocious talent who is reportedly attracting plenty of interest from top European teams.

At 18, how close is he to breaking into the first team on, shay we sat; a semi regular basis? If this seems unlikely, what are our chances of holding on to te lad in the long term.
Flairon

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Flairon wrote:

Has anyone been following the development squad this season and if so, how is the young lad Quina developing? He certainly seems t be a precocious talent who is reportedly attracting plenty of interest from top European teams.

At 18, how close is he to breaking into the first team on, shay we sat; a semi regular basis? If this seems unlikely, what are our chances of holding on to te lad in the long term.
Tbh mate I can't be bothered with the Under 23 league any more. Used to take a few games a season in but the standard is absolute pants compared to the level the kids would have to move up to if they got into the first team. I would put the overall quality at about the level of the National League at best. In other words it's a complete waste of time when it comes to player development.

If we don't introduce B teams, which I'm very much in favour of, so that these kids can develop within their own clubs playing meaningful competitive games, we need to get the likes of Quina and Holland out on loan somewhere so they can get experience playing against men and not kids their own age.

I went to see Stevenage play Barnet last Monday and Stevenage had a kid from Spurs and one from Arsenal on loan in their line ups. They would have learnt more from that game than fannying around all season in the development league imo.

Back in the day I was considered good enough to sign a two year contract with Luton. The height of my career was playing a few games in the old Football Combination for the reserve team. Reserve teams were good because they consisted of kids trying to make the grade and seasoned pros out of the first team or coming back from injury.

I don't think I'm being arrogant when I say that if there had been an Under 23 league, instead of the youth team and then the reserves which was the career path at that time, I could have blagged another contract and hung around for a year or two. But the Football Combination experience proved to me, and the people making decisions, that I wasn't good enough to make the grade. And surely that's how it should be, isn't it ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?