Frank Lampard Jnr & West Ham fans torment BT Sports

Chat about anything football related here!
hd1

Re: Frank Lampard Jnr & West Ham fans torment BT Sports

Post by hd1 »

His old man was an absolute gent, shame it didn't rub off

Romford

Post by Romford »

hd1 wrote:His old man was an absolute gent, shame it didn't rub off
His old man never did ANYTHING for anyone aprt from himself...and his son is a chip off the old block.

Young Frank and his Dad were never popular around Gidea Park ...and Young Frank was never very welcome in Brentwood where he used to go out when he was young.

Stretch however was very liked...he lived just around the corner from them.

Romford

Post by Romford »

Whiskyman wrote:
All about opinions of course but we shouldn't blame him if he got preferential treatment. Surely that's the fault of Twitchy who was the manager at the time.

And I must admit I've only met FLJ once, when I took my youngest, many years ago, to Chadwell Heath to get some photos of the players. After training they all came off and both Lampards stopped and had a word with my lad who was dressed in his boys' team kit and FLJ actually had a little game of head tennis with him.

But you never know, on another day------
My Old Man was a major charity organiser around the area (he got an OBE for it ) and was a Hammer to boot. It gave him no joy at all to not have a decent word for the Lampards or a certain Geoff Hurst who he hated with a vengence due to his behavior towards anything that wasn't for himself.

I agree about opinions....I personally got messed around by Tonka a couple of times but others have said he was a gent.

This is the first place i've ever heard a decent word about either of the Lampards.....and i lived around the corner from them.

See as you find though mate ;)

LondonWelsh

Post by LondonWelsh »

Romford wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:
All about opinions of course but we shouldn't blame him if he got preferential treatment. Surely that's the fault of Twitchy who was the manager at the time.

And I must admit I've only met FLJ once, when I took my youngest, many years ago, to Chadwell Heath to get some photos of the players. After training they all came off and both Lampards stopped and had a word with my lad who was dressed in his boys' team kit and FLJ actually had a little game of head tennis with him.

But you never know, on another day------
My Old Man was a major charity organiser around the area (he got an OBE for it ) and was a Hammer to boot. It gave him no joy at all to not have a decent word for the Lampards or a certain Geoff Hurst who he hated with a vengence due to his behavior towards anything that wasn't for himself.

I agree about opinions....I personally got messed around by Tonka a couple of times but others have said he was a gent.

This is the first place i've ever heard a decent word about either of the Lampards.....and i lived around the corner from them.

See as you find though mate ;)
Fair enough, maybe my opinions would be same if I had similar experiences to you. I am speaking from a point of view of watching young Frank as a player and now TV pundit. For sure he may of thrown his toys out of the pram when things weren't going his way but who doesn't? It appears like he's developed into a grounded fella when on TV. I see as I find but from a further distance than you Romford.

Romford

Post by Romford »

Ive got no real axe to grind mate and would personally love to say every West Ham player was a thoughtful decent human who put others before themselves.....and have no problem with anyone going off to better themselves and make the most of their talent.

Lets be honest..if my boy was good at football I wouldn't allow him anywhere near our club sadly.

How they behave in the community is important IMHO...and to be honest with my Security experience over the last 30 odd years I was always going to come across a few mugs who wore our colours and were my heroes on the park but were "up their own arse" footballers who thought they were pussy magnets and rude and arrogant to boot.

Julian Dicks sadly was one of the biggest cocks I ever met for starters

h69

Post by h69 »

[blur=][/blur]
terrya1965 wrote:
LondonWelsh wrote:Just stumbled upon this, never agreed with the shite he received. Top player, top pundit and a sound fella. Loved watching him in claret and blue at Upton Park during the late nineties when I used to attend the games proper. Halcyon days looking back at it today!

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
IMO,there were some ignorant West Ham fans,who knew f*ck all about football and the sheep followed them.

Many could see Frank had potential,but it was the ignorant fans that stood out.For me,he was treated disgracefully.I am an older fan that see many of his Dad`s matches and knew the family were West Ham through and through.He went on,because of his hard work,to become one of the PL 's great players.

The thing is,I still hear the fans singing "Fat Frank" songs.Shame really,because I think Frank could have come back here to manage West Ham.I really think his got the ability to become a top manager.
I think the fat Frank thing happened when he had a bit of puppy fat in his early days as if you watch some of the older videos back and compare them to when he was a Chelsea player it is clear he carried a bit of weight but it was the claims of nepotism that was quite toxic. Wasnt his fault he was picked and frankly, many of our fans were out of order as they often seem to be. Ince was far worse in what he did and I got chucked out of the South Bank for telling him so but I cant believe people still hold grudges with him as I realise now it was really his agent at fault. Felt the same about Defoe but forgave him and now I appreciate what he did for young Bradley

Franks always had time for autographs and always looked like a class player.

As for Julian Dicks, I always found him a good guy off the pitch...just a loony on it. Used to come out and chat to a group of us after some of the pre season friendlies.....I remember a game at Grays where he came out and sat with us and had a beer.....jumped up, went inside and returned with signed football which we auctioned off for charity.

I ended up sat next to Berkovic's agent at Goodison park once.....he gave me a couple of Le Shark Polo tops as Eyal was being sponsored by them.....nice chap he was but when I got to meet Eyal himself, I found him a bit standoffish.

Often I guess players are just guilty of being a bit naive and therefore badly advised.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Romford wrote: Lets be honest..if my boy was good at football I wouldn't allow him anywhere near our club sadly.
I've coached a kids Under 16 team and on occasions other age groups at a local club for many years and our club secretary wrote to all the major clubs in London our side of the river (North) as well as Watford, Luton and Stevenage,our local clubs, asking them for contact details etc if any of our coaches thought a kid was maybe good enough to benefit from professional coaching. I'll give you 3 guesses which was the ONLY club to not even give our secretary the courtesy of a response. But I think you'll only need one guess.

My boys, a different lot every year of course, are sometimes asked by Arsenal and Watford, who both train in London Colney, not far from us, if we would like to come and make up some opposition for when they have trials for non academy kids. I know of another local club who sometimes gets asked the same thing by Chelsea and we are regularly invited to meetings at Stevenage and Watford to discuss youth football issues. It may only be coincidence but the letters we sent out were around the time the present ownership took office.

As you can imagine the boys think it's great to actually play against a "proper" Arsenal or Watford team. And from a PR perspective both clubs are very generous with the offers of COMPLIMENTARY tickets to games for a few of the kids who take part. Sadly West Ham, United are light years behind these clubs in that respect. It may also explain why we seem to be incapable of producing decent young players any more if we are not taking advantage of the network of clubs coaching kids of all ages all round the UK.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

grandad

Post by grandad »

Years ago when i was running a youth team i called west ham regards maybe getting a player to give our the trophy's etc
we won the double that season.

big ask i thought but was given a number to call by the club ( i was thinking yes im in luck here ) i called and got quoted all sorts of money for this player and that player to attend and give trophy's out ... so being a self funding team i couldn't and wouldn't of paid the money they were asking and thought i give them out myself... i was telling the parents about this and one of the dads worked with ray parlours dad at the time and said he would ask him

anyway he said yes he would and did it for nothing and stayed nearly 3 hours with the boys and parents chatting and what a fantastic bloke.
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

grandad

Post by grandad »

hd1 wrote:His old man was an absolute gent, shame it didn't rub off

Always found his old man very arrogant and not very nice at all

might of been me though lol
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

grandad wrote:Years ago when i was running a youth team i called west ham regards maybe getting a player to give our the trophy's etc
we won the double that season.

big ask i thought but was given a number to call by the club ( i was thinking yes im in luck here ) i called and got quoted all sorts of money for this player and that player to attend and give trophy's out ... so being a self funding team i couldn't and wouldn't of paid the money they were asking and thought i give them out myself... i was telling the parents about this and one of the dads worked with ray parlours dad at the time and said he would ask him

anyway he said yes he would and did it for nothing and stayed nearly 3 hours with the boys and parents chatting and what a fantastic bloke.
Doesn't surprise me at all about Parlour tbh. Some years back, when he'd just broken into the Arsenal first team, a local pub team round our way had a presentation do. Can't remember who asked him or if there was any connection but apparently Ray Parlour came along all the way to Welwyn Garden City (he lived in Romford didn't he?) to do the presentations and have a crack with the lads there. Never met the bloke personally but seems the type of bloke anyone would enjoy a pint with.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?