Bilic isn't the problem

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Re: Bilic isn't the problem

Post by palerider »

IronsForever wrote:
Broga81 wrote:While the board have to share blame for a lot please remember its the managers job to coach tactics and to play players in positions that are suited to their skills.
Im sorry but as much as the board have issues the performances all fall to Bilic and his coaching team, along with the players themselves.

We look no different to how we started last season and last season we had a million players out. Thats the worrying thing!
Its up to the manager to get them prepared on that training pitch and play a system that the players we have are happy with.
I don't see many happy faces out there do you?? All 1 look under pressure and thats even more worrying. Sheesh Football should be enjoyed not endured!!
Yes, it must be difficult earning 60 thousand a week.

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

palerider wrote:
IronsForever wrote:

We look no different to how we started last season and last season we had a million players out. Thats the worrying thing!
Its up to the manager to get them prepared on that training pitch and play a system that the players we have are happy with.
I don't see many happy faces out there do you?? All 1 look under pressure and thats even more worrying. Sheesh should be enjoyed not endured!!
Yes, it must be difficult earning 60 thousand a week.
when you step onto that pitch that 60 grand or 300 grand doesn't come into it. You are playing for pride and playing for the team and you give everything you have. If that isn't the case then you go~!~!
If Mourinhio was in charge would Arnie have elbowed that guy in the neck in his first league game for us??
We need a manager who can put these so calledprima donnas in their place and get the best from them!!
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

IronsForever wrote:
palerider wrote: Yes, it must be difficult earning 60 thousand a week.
when you step onto that pitch that 60 grand or 300 grand doesn't come into it. You are playing for pride and playing for the team and you give everything you have. If that isn't the case then you go~!~!
If Mourinhio was in charge would Arnie have elbowed that guy in the neck in his first league game for us??
Probably , yes . It's what he does . And it wasn't an issue for the vast majority on here or most West Ham fans in general until he actually did it .

I don't think that's the issue here but at the same time I don't quite get what Chas is saying tbh call me Mr Thicky ...

My view is that , as Brog said above , coaching , tactics and team selection ? The buck stops with Bilic .

Will Bilic be able to turn it round ? Clearly not .

The world and his wife can see a fresh pair of eyes and ideas are needed immediately but that will not happen with owners that would rather suffer yet another relegation than pay managerial compensation for any prospective manager foolish enough to consider working for the pair of dithering dolts.
Bring back Jonathon !

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

IronsForever wrote:
palerider wrote: Yes, it must be difficult earning 60 thousand a week.
We need a manager who can put these so calledprima donnas in their place and get the best from them!!
Also would your star striker risk a red in the very next game in an deliberate act of revenge? Or your capt to lunge-in under similar circumstances in the same game! Absolutely insane, Bilic has to add discipline to this squad. If he can't he will be gone sooner rather than later.
#fuckqatar2022

h69

Post by h69 »

KingdomOfWHAM wrote:I appreciate that the manager is the most obvious place to lay the blame but our problems lie a hell of a lot deeper than Bilic.

He was hired specifically because he was willing to allow DS to largely have control over transfers. Would a big name manager be willing to do the same?

That made sense during Allardyce's last season, when we probably knew he was leaving but to truly get to the next level, a prospective manager would need to build HIS team. I would like to imagine that if a big name manager was to come in DS would relinquish that control but that's a hypothetical based on no evidence.

This isn't a pro-Bilic statement or a defense of him. As a club we need restructuring. Until we change, we're destined to be a 8th-13th place team and repeat the same mistakes over and over. We'll have some good seasons and some bad seasons but we'll never truly progress.
Dont take this the wrong way mate but a couple of things

Firstly, the comment its not Bilic's fault is laughable and utter rubbish. I was at Newcastle and tactically he has no idea. The team selection was wrong for a start and the formation is wrong. The team are not fit and that is also the managers fault. the players dont seem motivated either...yep, thats down to the manager.

As for transfers....I am happy with the players we bought this summer, I was a little dubious re Hart but to be fair to him, he kept the score from being about 7-0 on Sat.

I like Bilic....I want him to succeed I really do but a hell of a lot is down to him and who do you think it was that wanted Gokhan Tore and Jelavic ?

Finally, I do think West Ham fans in general are a little deluded.....Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton and Spurs are all owned by significantly richer owners than us (Leicester too actually) so finishing 8th is a massive massive achievement. 8th-13th as you mention is where we are unless we are bought out by someone richer than Farhad Moshiri, Joe Lewis or the Fenway Group.....thats a different issue.

Under Bilic, if we finish 8th I would be happy as he has done the best with what he had and finishing 8th consistently is, in my opinion, the next level up as we have not done that consistently before.....but I would accept 9th/10th. Currently under Bilic we are looking like finishing at the bottom and so it is definitely the managers fault.

We have started badly in all three seasons under him....even in the payet season we lost both the first tweo home games (giving Bournemouth their first ever win in the PL). What is he doing preseason ?

KingdomOfWHAM

Post by KingdomOfWHAM »

Newmarket wrote:
IronsForever wrote:
Probably , yes . It's what he does . And it wasn't an issue for the vast majority on here or most West Ham fans in general until he actually did it .

I don't think that's the issue here but at the same time I don't quite get what Chas is saying tbh call me Mr Thicky ...

My view is that , as Brog said above , coaching , tactics and team selection ? The buck stops with Bilic .

Will Bilic be able to turn it round ? Clearly not .

The world and his wife can see a fresh pair of eyes and ideas are needed immediately but that will not happen with owners that would rather suffer yet another relegation than pay managerial compensation for any prospective manager foolish enough to consider working for the pair of dithering dolts.
I'm trying to say that the argument of #BilicOut or #BilicIn is willfully missing the bigger problem. We can discuss Bilic's merits, or lack thereof, till the cows come home but getting shot of him isn't going to fix West Ham.

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

Hammertime wrote:
IronsForever wrote:
Also would your star striker risk a red in the very next game in an deliberate act of revenge? Or your capt to lunge-in under similar circumstances in the same game! Absolutely insane, Bilic has to add discipline to this squad. If he can't he will be gone sooner rather than later.
Madness.
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

KingdomOfWHAM

Post by KingdomOfWHAM »

h69 wrote:
KingdomOfWHAM wrote:I appreciate that the manager is the most obvious place to lay the blame but our problems lie a hell of a lot deeper than Bilic.

He was hired specifically because he was willing to allow DS to largely have control over transfers. Would a big name manager be willing to do the same?

That made sense during Allardyce's last season, when we probably knew he was leaving but to truly get to the next level, a prospective manager would need to build HIS team. I would like to imagine that if a big name manager was to come in DS would relinquish that control but that's a hypothetical based on no evidence.

This isn't a pro-Bilic statement or a defense of him. As a club we need restructuring. Until we change, we're destined to be a 8th-13th place team and repeat the same mistakes over and over. We'll have some good seasons and some bad seasons but we'll never truly progress.

Firstly, the comment its not Bilic's fault is laughable and utter rubbish. I was at Newcastle and tactically he has no idea. The team selection was wrong for a start and the formation is wrong. The team are not fit and that is also the managers fault. the players dont seem motivated either...yep, thats down to the manager.

As for transfers....I am happy with the players we bought this summer, I was a little dubious re Hart but to be fair to him, he kept the score from being about 7-0 on Sat.

I like Bilic....I want him to succeed I really do but a hell of a lot is down to him and who do you think it was that wanted Gokhan Tore and Jelavic ?

Finally, I do think West Ham fans in general are a little deluded.....Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton and Spurs are all owned by significantly richer owners than us (Leicester too actually) so finishing 8th is a massive massive achievement. 8th-13th as you mention is where we are unless we are bought out by someone richer than Farhad Moshiri, Joe Lewis or the Fenway Group.....thats a different issue.

Under Bilic, if we finish 8th I would be happy as he has done the best with what he had and finishing 8th consistently is, in my opinion, the next level up as we have not done that consistently before.....but I would accept 9th/10th. Currently under Bilic we are looking like finishing at the bottom and so it is definitely the managers fault.

We have started badly in all three seasons under him....even in the payet season we lost both the first tweo home games (giving Bournemouth their first ever win in the PL). What is he doing preseason ?
I haven't said anywhere that it isn't Bilic's fault.

h69

Post by h69 »

KingdomOfWHAM wrote:
h69 wrote:

I haven't said anywhere that it isn't Bilic's fault.
The title says....Bilic is not the problem.....Bilic IS the problem....its nothing to do with transfer policies. Unfortunately....getting shot of him and replacing him with a tactically astute manager with some discipline WOULD sort this out

KingdomOfWHAM

Post by KingdomOfWHAM »

h69 wrote:
KingdomOfWHAM wrote: I haven't said anywhere that it isn't Bilic's fault.
The title says....Bilic is not the problem.....Bilic IS the problem....its nothing to do with transfer policies. Unfortunately....getting shot of him and replacing him with a tactically astute manager with some discipline WOULD sort this out
Right. I didn't say "Bilic isn't faultless".