Boxers I loved to watch

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
4ever-blowin-bubbles

Re: Boxers I loved to watch

Postby 4ever-blowin-bubbles » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:44 pm

yes some great boxers there
but the worse i think ever is audley harrison or can anyone think of a worse boxer who was a champion
0 x

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:36 pm

4ever-blowin-bubbles wrote:yes some great boxers there
but the worse i think ever is audley harrison or can anyone think of a worse boxer who was a champion

Poor old A-Force. Won us a gold medal at the Olympics, but gets slated for only being British level as a pro.
He was never a genuine world title challenger despite the David Haye fight.

'Worse' is a relative term. I'd consider drug cheats, and cheats in general worse. Not to mention boxers of a less than sporting nature.

Audley may never have lived up to the hype or expectations, but he wasn't on the roids, he didn't use loaded gloves and he didn't punch the ref or his opponent in a fit of rage after he lost.

Worse Champions.

Dingaan Thobela: I watched him smash up Glenn Catley, and I saw his wraps afterwards. In Catley's words it did look like he had mobile phones strapped across his knuckles.

Sven Ottke: A quality boxer in his day, the way he acted in the robbery of Robin Reid was completely unsportsmanlike. If complaining to the 'bought and paid for' referee after Reid hit him with a legit punch wasn't bad enough, he managed to get a point deducted from Reid.
He moaned and whinged to the point that it became obvious the ref was there to make sure 'The Ghost' would 'win'. Shameful.

Those were world champions. There's also cheating scumbags like Luis Resto and James Grant. Drug cheats such as Luis Ortiz and Alex Povetkin. And murderers like Edwin Valero.

Anyway there's a lot worse than Audley.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Dicksies Diner

Postby Dicksies Diner » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:31 am

John Conteh
Fury
Mike Tyson
Charlie Magri
Joe Calzaghe
Sugar Ray
Pacquiao was the fighter I loved to watch the most.
0 x
Love,peace and harmony to all Hammers.
Fuck the board.

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:04 pm

it was the hormone tabs that finally did it

38E54966-F54C-472E-B66C-3C111B96AF19.jpeg
38E54966-F54C-472E-B66C-3C111B96AF19.jpeg (51.13 KiB) Viewed 85 times
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

Gonzo

Postby Gonzo » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:06 pm

I followed Nigel Benns career very closely for reasons mentioned before so he was my favourite.

However there used to be this bloke called Howard Eastman who I just loved watching. He was nothing special but was a real showman.

In terms of MMA it was Anderson Silva
0 x

Herbiehammer

Postby Herbiehammer » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:56 pm

Dwayne Pipes wrote:Dave boy Green is worth mention as is Terry Marsh,ErrolChristie and Herol Graham

Dave Boy Green? Ive no idea how he won any fights at all. He was so open and some how with every punch (swing) thrown he was even more open. Nope......... he was bad

Sugar Ray Leonard was by far the best boxer of his time and great to watch too
0 x
3 Donkeys on a shirt....

grandad

Postby grandad » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:59 pm

Herbiehammer wrote:
Dwayne Pipes wrote:Dave boy Green is worth mention as is Terry Marsh,ErrolChristie and Herol Graham

Dave Boy Green? Ive no idea how he won any fights at all. He was so open and some how with every punch (swing) thrown he was even more open. Nope......... he was bad

Am sure suger Ray knocked green out with a jab ?

Great fighter very stylish but I always liked the hit man more
0 x
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

Herbiehammer

Postby Herbiehammer » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:02 pm

grandad wrote:
Herbiehammer wrote:

Am sure suger Ray knocked green out with a jab ?

Great fighter very stylish but I always liked the hit man more

Hitman was more of a fighter and great one at that too but Sugar did it with style, showmanship and the punches came from nowhere. By far my all time fav boxer. That and Tyson before he he got a taste for ear wax
0 x
3 Donkeys on a shirt....

Taansend

Postby Taansend » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:02 am

Apart from the obvious already mentioned on here I went to several Duke McKenzie fights. Stylish fighter.

I love Steve Robinson. Probably the best story in British boxing.

And one of his victims, Paul Hoko Hodkinaon, one of the most exciting British fighters of my lifetime

I'm also a big fan of Anthony Joshua and have high hopes for Nathan Gorman although I'm not sure if he's big enough for today's heavyweights
0 x

Return to “Topical Topics”