British politics.

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
User avatar
Neville Bartos
Posts: 2489
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:29 am
Location: Flyyyyyyyyyin'

Re: British politics.

Postby Neville Bartos » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:53 am

The Torygraph now accusing May of treason.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.tele ... cians/amp/

If only we'd known that not fulfilling manifesto pledges, or adhering to Boris Johnson's post non-binding referendum interpretation of leaving the EU, were capital offences before hand!

Lucky for Theresa that there's no history of right wing lunatics killing female politicians they ideologically disagree with.

No love here for the silly hunch-backed old mare, but this, like calling judges traitors, is downright disgraceful.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

User avatar
Marco Boogers Boots
Posts: 340
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:48 am
Location: Muscat, Sultanate of Oman

Re: British politics.

Postby Marco Boogers Boots » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:04 am

Jeremy Hunt as Foreign Secretary.......

A man that struggled, badly, to negotiate with a bunch of student fucking doctors is now heading our diplomatic efforts on the world stage.

Brilliant.
1 x

User avatar
BillyDWhizz
Posts: 2331
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:34 pm

Re: British politics.

Postby BillyDWhizz » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:03 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Neville Bartos wrote:
I hope you're right, mate. Looking through the Tory front ranks it's hard to find anyone you'd feel comfortable voting for. Gove, Hunt, Rees-Mogg, Hammond, Javid, Fox, Leadsom, it makes you think maybe May is something of a lesser evil all things considered.
What a mess we're in though. The most ineffective, directionless PM for a generation and no viable alternative either side of the house.

In the words of Bonnie Tyler: Where have all the good men gone
And where are all the gods?
Where's the streetwise Hercules to fight the rising odds?
Isn't there a white knight upon a fiery steed?
Late at night I toss and I turn
And I dream of what I need.



The only two I could even begin to consider trusting to run the country are Hammond and Hunt. The likes of Rees-Mogg are the type of chinless wonders that give "proper" conservatives a bad name. I doubt if he is capable of running a bath without an instruction manual.


Oooofh! Hammond or Hunt? Christ, you couldn't have picked two more self serving, spineless, sanctimonious Weasles. There's ONE Tory in the entirety of the party that's fit to lead them and that person they'll never in a million years choose because of her life choices. Just imagine the amount of defections and old boy network heart-attacks should they ever see the light and actually give Ruth Davidson the gig.
0 x
I hate it when people don't know the difference between "your" and "you're". There so stupid.

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 5464
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm

Re: British politics.

Postby Whiskyman » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:49 pm

BillyDWhizz wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:

The only two I could even begin to consider trusting to run the country are Hammond and Hunt. The likes of Rees-Mogg are the type of chinless wonders that give "proper" conservatives a bad name. I doubt if he is capable of running a bath without an instruction manual.


Oooofh! Hammond or Hunt? Christ, you couldn't have picked two more self serving, spineless, sanctimonious Weasles. There's ONE Tory in the entirety of the party that's fit to lead them and that person they'll never in a million years choose because of her life choices. Just imagine the amount of defections and old boy network heart-attacks should they ever see the light and actually give Ruth Davidson the gig.


I'm afraid being self serving, spineless, sanctimonious and indeed weasel like, seems to be a pre requisite for anyone wanting to hold office in Britain these days. I have a lot of time for Ruth Davidson but, as she represents a Scottish constituency, in all honesty she will probably lose her seat at the next election if Scotland returns to type and goes Nationalist. Remember Scotland voted overwhelmingly to Remain during the referendum. If she could be parachuted into, say, North East Somerset and replace the original chinless wonder, Jacob Fleas-Dogg, I might be inclined to agree with you that she would be a good choice.

I mentioned Hammond because, I believe, he has a degree in Economics which, as everybody knows, is the one true degree which kicks the arse all those silly "ologies". Although the flash bastard got his at Oxford and I didn't go to that particular seat of learning to get mine. Mind you neither did Arsene Wenger. ;)

Why choose Hunt ? Rhymes with cunt, which seems a good enough reason.
1 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

User avatar
Noni
Posts: 2119
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:20 pm

Re: British politics.

Postby Noni » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:39 pm

Image

Love this cartoon, sums it up really!...... :roll:
3 x

User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 3021
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am

Re: British politics.

Postby mkhammer » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:31 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:The Torygraph now accusing May of treason.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.tele ... cians/amp/

If only we'd known that not fulfilling manifesto pledges, or adhering to Boris Johnson's post non-binding referendum interpretation of leaving the EU, were capital offences before hand!

Lucky for Theresa that there's no history of right wing lunatics killing female politicians they ideologically disagree with.

No love here for the silly hunch-backed old mare, but this, like calling judges traitors, is downright disgraceful.



Bit Late Nev 20 years ago you could have had her hung..... :lol:

I like her......must be one of the hardest trickiest times to be a PM......
0 x

User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 3021
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am

Re: British politics.

Postby mkhammer » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:33 pm

Noni wrote:Image

Love this cartoon, sums it up really!...... :roll:



Very good mate....Spot on...
1 x

User avatar
Neville Bartos
Posts: 2489
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:29 am
Location: Flyyyyyyyyyin'

Re: British politics.

Postby Neville Bartos » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:05 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Neville Bartos wrote:The Torygraph now accusing May of treason.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.tele ... cians/amp/

If only we'd known that not fulfilling manifesto pledges, or adhering to Boris Johnson's post non-binding referendum interpretation of leaving the EU, were capital offences before hand!

Lucky for Theresa that there's no history of right wing lunatics killing female politicians they ideologically disagree with.

No love here for the silly hunch-backed old mare, but this, like calling judges traitors, is downright disgraceful.



Bit Late Nev 20 years ago you could have had her hung..... :i am genuinely amused:

I like her......must be one of the hardest trickiest times to be a PM......


I'm not sure changing principles every time the wind changes is that hard to do. Hard Brexit, hard Brexit, hard Brexit... this isn't looking good... soft Brexit, soft Brexit, soft Brexit.

I can respect someone who, even if I think they're wrong, sticks to their principles. But this, this is the worst kind of political opportunism, appeasement and flip flopping.
From remain to hard Brexit to soft Brexit in what? Three years?
When you say like, do you mean fancy? :D
No judgements if you do, I'm quite partial to a bit of rust myself.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 3021
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am

Re: British politics.

Postby mkhammer » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:11 am

Neville Bartos wrote:
mkhammer wrote:

Bit Late Nev 20 years ago you could have had her hung..... :i am genuinely amused:

I like her......must be one of the hardest trickiest times to be a PM......


I'm not sure changing principles every time the wind changes is that hard to do. Hard Brexit, hard Brexit, hard Brexit... this isn't looking good... soft Brexit, soft Brexit, soft Brexit.

I can respect someone who, even if I think they're wrong, sticks to their principles. But this, this is the worst kind of political opportunism, appeasement and flip flopping.
From remain to hard Brexit to soft Brexit in what? Three years?
When you say like, do you mean fancy? :D
No judgements if you do, I'm quite partial to a bit of rust myself.



It can appear that way mate.....but in any negotiation,from buying/selling a car/house
to a piece of tat at a car boot sale..to Brexit......you go in "Hard"....if a guy want £1500 for
his motor you go I'll give you 11,"needs new tyres mate"you know he wont say yes,but that's your
starter..he goes 14.....so it goes....meet in the middle somewhere...

If the Brexit vote had been 70/30 leave......she would/could have gone in hard and pretty much
not lowered our demands to much.....but it was more or less 50/50....so she has to reflect that,
she has in someway appease the Remainers..and the Leavers...not easy.

All well and good sticking to your principles...I'm big on it,but politics is a different kettle of
fish......where what you personally want takes a back seat,to what the voter wants,that makes
a good politician....She's a good example of it.....Basically a Remainer....but doing what she
been asked to do,by the public...

Nah purely platonic Nev.......I'm more of a Jennifer Connelly/Kate Beckinsale....man... :lol:
0 x

User avatar
Neville Bartos
Posts: 2489
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:29 am
Location: Flyyyyyyyyyin'

Re: British politics.

Postby Neville Bartos » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:49 pm

mkhammer wrote:It can appear that way mate.....but in any negotiation,from buying/selling a car/house
to a piece of tat at a car boot sale..to Brexit......you go in "Hard"....if a guy want £1500 for
his motor you go I'll give you 11,"needs new tyres mate"you know he wont say yes,but that's your
starter..he goes 14.....so it goes....meet in the middle somewhere...

If the Brexit vote had been 70/30 leave......she would/could have gone in hard and pretty much
not lowered our demands to much.....but it was more or less 50/50....so she has to reflect that,
she has in someway appease the Remainers..and the Leavers...not easy.

All well and good sticking to your principles...I'm big on it,but politics is a different kettle of
fish......where what you personally want takes a back seat,to what the voter wants,that makes
a good politician....She's a good example of it.....Basically a Remainer....but doing what she
been asked to do,by the public...

Nah purely platonic Nev.......I'm more of a Jennifer Connelly/Kate Beckinsale....man... :i am genuinely amused:


It's not a negotiation though, mate.
She kicked off with the 'Brexit means Brexit' cobblers. Then, facing imminent failure, pulled a fast one at Chequers and tried to push through a soft Brexit.
Then that gets changed again to suit the Tory Brexiteers.
Now we've got Tory ministers resigning because it's not hard enough, and Tory MPs rebelling because they want frictionless trade with the EU.
And still May is trying to play both sides. There is zero chance she, or anyone else in her party, will come up with a deal that's going to be acceptable to both sides.

And I might not like Anna Soubry, but she was spot fucking on in her little speech yesterday.
Castigating rich, self serving Conservative MPs. It comes to something when Tory backbenchers are doing the opposition's job for them.

Nadine Dorries and Bridget Philipson for me. That Hollywood stuff is far too fanciful. :D
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.


Return to “Topical Topics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests