Allardyce v Moyes.

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Allardyce v Moyes.

Postby terrya1965 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:15 pm

Some posters on here have said that the 2 managers have exactly the same approach and are very similar on how they play their football.I agree,that Moyes can be a bit negative,but he does know how to mix it up too.

Some facts:

Allardyce last 4 out of 5 PL Games,0 Goals,0 Shots on target.That is a bloody joke! :cry:

Moyes last 4 Away Games,11 Goals. :D

I think we can end them similarities,don`t you.
Let`s not forget,Everton finished 7th last season has well and were expected to challenged the Top 6..I`m sure Everton fans would swap managers tomorrow.
0 x

Porterman

Re: Allardyce v Moyes.

Postby Porterman » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:35 pm

terrya1965 wrote:Some posters on here have said that the 2 managers have exactly the same approach and are very similar on how they play their football.I agree,that Moyes can be a bit negative,but he does know how to mix it up too.

Some facts:

Allardyce last 4 out of 5 PL Games,0 Goals,0 Shots on target.That is a bloody joke! :cry:

Let`s not forget,Everton finished 7th last season has well and were expected to challenged the Top 6..I`m sure Everton fans would swap managers tomorrow.

Think several "factors" play a key to how a lot of team/managers "think" these days.

Premier League survival has almost dictated that.

Some (mainly think Bournmouth at times,Watford at times and possibly Burnley at times) go out with a "Devil may care" attitude but MOST managers are now trying to strike balances between going " gung ho" in matches and trying to set out from the onset to squeeze something out of a game.

We possibly view any such tactic as "negative" as since time began all us fans (particularly the older ones amonst us ) have been brought up on a West Ham diet of almost non stop "attack at all times and try to win and entertain".

Simply (rightly or wrongly) that is not a mantra a lot of managers subscribe to today mainly for the aforementioned reason.

I firmly believe our current manager is somebody who ONCE THE TEAM IS IN A HEALTHIER POSITION (which week by week we are getting) will be more expansive.

Again personally I feel he did that at Everton and tried to play with width and pace with the inclusion of fast raiding full backs and wide men.

Lets be honest he inherited A HUGE FUCKING MESS with us possibly in the worst disarray we had been in a long long time and were becoming almost nailed ion certs for relegation and the subsequent "who knows what that might have lead to"!!!

Is he "the be all and end all"?!

Possibly not.

But hes got a team on the pitch that got a bit of pride back,a game plan and are scoring some goals particularly away from home all in a relatively short time whilst also dealing with injuries and not having a tranfer window yet.

Is it perfect?!

Maybe not.

But its sure as hell a million times better that it was this time 3 months ago!!!
9 x

terrya1965

Postby terrya1965 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:45 pm

Porterman wrote:
terrya1965 wrote:Some posters on here have said that the 2 managers have exactly the same approach and are very similar on how they play their football.I agree,that Moyes can be a bit negative,but he does know how to mix it up too.

Some facts:

Think several "factors" play a key to how a lot of team/managers "think" these days.

Some (mainly think Bournmouth at times,Watford at times and possibly Burnley at times) go out with a "Devil may care" attitude but MOST managers are now trying to strike balances between going " gung ho" in matches and trying to set out from the onset to squeeze something out of a game.

We possibly view any such tactic as "negative" as since time began all us fans (particularly the older ones amonst us ) have been brought up on a West Ham diet of almost non stop "attack at all times and try to win and entertain".

Simply (rightly or wrongly) that is not a mantra a lot of managers subscribe to today mainly for the aforementioned reason.

I firmly believe our current manager is somebody who ONCE THE TEAM IS IN A HEALTHIER POSITION (which week by week we are getting) will be more expansive.

Again personally I feel he did that at Everton and tried to play with width and pace with the inclusion of fast raiding full backs and wide men.

Lets be honest he inherited A HUGE FUCKING MESS with us possibly in the worst disarray we had been in a long long time and were becoming almost nailed ion certs for relegation and the subsequent "who knows what that might have lead to"!!!

Possibly not.

But hes got a team on the pitch that got a bit of pride back,a game plan and are scoring some goals particularly away from home all in a relatively short time whilst also dealing with injuries and not having a tranfer window yet.

Is it perfect?!

Maybe not.

But its sure as hell a million times better that it was this time 3 months ago!!!

goodpost:)

Porterman,you are always level with your opinion and you are right in what you have said.

Has long has them idiots at the helm give him the players he wants,we will do ok and will make progress..
0 x

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:11 am

Moyes, since he arrived has averaged 1.3r points over his 12 Premier League games. That’s taking into account the punishing run of games we had in December.
That’s a very good return of points and considerably more than I anticipated.
Whilst I’m not a fan of the backs to the wall displays we’ve seen at home, there have been some really good defending and counter-attacking performances away from home.
2 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

thomasswe

Postby thomasswe » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:20 am

I'm all for "parking the bus" / "putting up a wall" against team that are better than us on paper - you have to, we wont beat them purely on skill. We have a decent record againt the "big teams" under Moyes so far.

Our attacking could be better against equal and worse teams.

That's where we are at at this point, and you have to start with the tactics from the back, getting that settled in.
0 x

Dwayne Pipes

Postby Dwayne Pipes » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:25 am

Last home game v Everton would love to send that fat cunt down.
5 x

mkhammer

Postby mkhammer » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:37 am

MOYES.... :)

I put a very happy emoji up first but changed it....settle for this one at the moment...
0 x

Porterman

Postby Porterman » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:19 am

terrya1965 wrote:
Porterman wrote:

Some facts:

Possibly not.

Is it perfect?!

Maybe not.

goodpost:)

Porterman,you are always level with your opinion and you are right in what you have said.

Has long has them idiots at the helm give him the players he wants,we will do ok and will make progress..

Whilst I thank you for your compliment Tell I am actually not in the "hating the owners at all costs" camp but will leave that there for another discussion.

What I will say is The worst manager will get nothing out of the best player (s) but the best manger will get the best out of the (so called) worst players IMO.

I am totally aghast at the modern day thinking that football is nothing but "reaching for the chequebook" and that it will be the answer to everything.

I am not niave enough to think that you NEVER have to spend money and that sometimes you need to spend large amounts but NO MATTER HOW LARGE YOU SPEND if you bring players in to a situation where they are not happy with the team tactics, managerial motivation and several other factors you will NOT get the best out of said player IRRESPECTIVE of how much money he has cost.

How often have you seen managers totally trying TO BUY a team only to find it backfires!!

Of course you have example such as Man City at present.

Have they bought a team?!

No.

They have bough SEVERAL.

Heard a discussion recently when somebody (possibly Carragher) was discussing their RB position.

He said "they didnt just sign Walker (for £40m no less) they signed TWO other RBs " although I cannot remember exactly who they were (or how much they cost) but you get the drift.

Then you read (if its true) that they are looking at signing Alexis Sanchez.

They have arguably 6 or 7 of the leagues best attacking players and they want to sign another one!!

Who also plays for one of their main rivals (so subsequently very much damaging them)!!

I know thats all a wee bit "off tangent" regarding Moyes and his managerial prowess but it indicates what the bar is being set at and lets be honest VERY FEW (if indeed ANY) can realistically compete with that!!!

Just about the only thing that gives me any hope regarding just about anything in modern day football is Ranieris magnificent achievement in recent times.

I think its what all fans of clubs that are living in the real world should cling to and all managers with out reaching for chequebooks should strive to achieve.
0 x

Ibbyham

Postby Ibbyham » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:03 pm

Moyes is far the better manager than Allardyce and the reasons are:

Allardyce: Brought players to any clubs but only performed good start then very poor as it shown in recent clubs he managed, including us: Bolton (went down), Blackburn (went down), Sunderland (went down), Newcastle (went down) but West Ham managed to stay up....just! Allardyce always plays hoofball defensive systems and hoping a chance of attack.

Moyes: Very good manager, brougnt up Preston North End from old Div 3 to Div 1, then to Everton and after a few struggling start, brought the club to regular top 7 with players he brought and looked into youth player and brought them top level such as Rooney, Gibson, etc and the Everton board FULLY backed him with transfers and supported him whatever he needed. His unsuccessful spells are Man Utd, Real Sociedad & Sunderland - REASON: the boards of those 3 clubs did NOT support him enough, did not rid of their coaches that Moyes is not too happy with as in the case of Sunderland.

Allardyce at West Ham: Brought poor fitness coaches that resulted too many injuries, brought players of has-been and then Allardyce jumped ship when the players began to falter. Negative hoofball relying on long ball to striker to have any chance of scoring.

Moyes at West Ham: Brought excellent fitness coach, defensive coach in Pearce, Midfielder coach in Kinlay and Attacking coaches in Irvine which they worked with Moyes at Everton with the exception of Pearce. Moyes brought players into better shaped from previous manager in Bilic who put them out of position, mental toughness got better and playing with defensive and attacking with good passing of football as it shown against Hudderfield and only play a little of hootfall in away tough match against Spuds and Man City.

Moyes is far superior to Allardyce as Moyes has more shot on target than Allardyce.
0 x

JayK

Postby JayK » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:19 pm

Allardyce is a big egotistical wanker. Nuff said
3 x
Can we get anymore Fubar’d?
COYI!!!

Return to “Football Talk”