Bayern Leverkusen vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
JayK

Re: Bayern Leverkusen vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by JayK »

andyginbrasil wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:40 am
German24 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:08 pm Hi together,

German soccer fan here. Just here to say I‘m honestly super excited to see your great club going against Bayer Leverkusen in QF of EL tomorrow. You will be the first serious test for this Leverkusen squad on international stage this season. And seems like your totally capable of upsetting the big ones. Maybe you will also get known for ending the invincible series of them.

To give a little perspective on Leverkusen after watching nearly all their games this season: This team is really strong. Not only on paper. Sometimes they are actually brutally strong to be honest. Potentially one of the 3 strongest teams I have actually seen in this country in the last 20 years or even this century. It‘s even hard to find a single weak link in their starting XI.
Eventually their 2nd goalkeeper. Who could start tomorrow. He seemed to lack experience in some situations and was also a reason Qarabag had such a big chance to kick them out. Besides Xabi thinking he could save several key players for Bundesliga.
They are very dominant, fast, very flexible, creative and are putting constant pressure on the enemy backline. If you go offensive you risk loosing high. If you go defensive you‘re basically just counting minutes till they score.
Bayern and Dortmund are our historically strongest teams. Currently in QF of the CL. Still even these teams decided to change their tactics against Leverkusen and started defending with their whole squad. Leverkusen should honestly be considered a level above these two teams. A crime they are not allowed to compete in CL this season.
They just sent Bayern home 3:0 in such a dominant fashion like never seen before against a Bayern squad. But they didnt‘t really had a strong opponent since then. Only Stuttgart was able to manage a somehow open clash for a decent amount of time till now.
They have 4,5 very physical defenders on a nearly equally high level. Potentially the most dangerous WBs in whole Europe right now. Grimaldo most likely even the very best at his position. Xhaka and Palacios both combining aggressive leadership and technical elegance in the centre. It’s hard to win the game there. And in front of them there‘s still the most gifted, maybe even best player our country has to offer right now. And with Boniface being back in time they are finally able to fire on all cylinders again. A striker with a very unique skillset. Combining very strong physique and equally good 1 vs 1 skills leading to a lot of space for the surrounding players.
Anyway it should be the first game for them in the Europa League which won‘t allow Xabi to give several key players regeneration time and with the German Cup and Bundesliga basically done the focus should be completely on the international stage now.

I‘m really excited to see how Leverkusen will perform against a real international opponent like West Ham.
Everything seems possible. I can totally imagine Leverkusen sending a massive statement to Europe. I can totally imagine West Ham catching Leverkusen completely offguard, because they rarely had a decent challenge in the Bundesliga besides Stuttgart and Bayern in their first game.
Good luck to you guys and a hopefully great evening for everybody!
Welcome..... Impressive reading....but I need to advise you that if we can implement plan B.....we should be able to keep the score down to a maximum of 3......if not i fear we are well and truly fucked ..... :D
Plan what? What’s that? :lol: :lol: :lol:
COYI!!!

Towie

Post by Towie »

JayK wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:56 am
andyginbrasil wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:40 am

Welcome..... Impressive reading....but I need to advise you that if we can implement plan B.....we should be able to keep the score down to a maximum of 3......if not i fear we are well and truly fucked ..... :D
The one and only Plan A
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

PhilipB

Post by PhilipB »

OZHAMMER wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:59 am
PhilipB wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:41 am

No I have not. But Fridays I always call in for a glass or two at The Honey Rider round this time of an evening. 19.30..But I'm guessing the place might not be up to your expectations. You being so goddam perfect an all.
I don’t mind the occasional interactions with middle and lower classes of society, Philip from NSW. It keeps me grounded.
You might be lucky and find one or two bogans in there to make you feel more at home. I hope realize the Rider is up in Neutral Bay and we like people with a bit of class.

PhilipB

Post by PhilipB »

German24 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:08 pm Hi together,

German soccer fan here. Just here to say I‘m honestly super excited to see your great club going against Bayer Leverkusen in QF of EL tomorrow. You will be the first serious test for this Leverkusen squad on international stage this season. And seems like your totally capable of upsetting the big ones. Maybe you will also get known for ending the invincible series of them.

To give a little perspective on Leverkusen after watching nearly all their games this season: This team is really strong. Not only on paper. Sometimes they are actually brutally strong to be honest. Potentially one of the 3 strongest teams I have actually seen in this country in the last 20 years or even this century. It‘s even hard to find a single weak link in their starting XI.
Eventually their 2nd goalkeeper. Who could start tomorrow. He seemed to lack experience in some situations and was also a reason Qarabag had such a big chance to kick them out. Besides Xabi thinking he could save several key players for Bundesliga.
They are very dominant, fast, very flexible, creative and are putting constant pressure on the enemy backline. If you go offensive you risk loosing high. If you go defensive you‘re basically just counting minutes till they score.
Bayern and Dortmund are our historically strongest teams. Currently in QF of the CL. Still even these teams decided to change their tactics against Leverkusen and started defending with their whole squad. Leverkusen should honestly be considered a level above these two teams. A crime they are not allowed to compete in CL this season.
They just sent Bayern home 3:0 in such a dominant fashion like never seen before against a Bayern squad. But they didnt‘t really had a strong opponent since then. Only Stuttgart was able to manage a somehow open clash for a decent amount of time till now.
They have 4,5 very physical defenders on a nearly equally high level. Potentially the most dangerous WBs in whole Europe right now. Grimaldo most likely even the very best at his position. Xhaka and Palacios both combining aggressive leadership and technical elegance in the centre. It’s hard to win the game there. And in front of them there‘s still the most gifted, maybe even best player our country has to offer right now. And with Boniface being back in time they are finally able to fire on all cylinders again. A striker with a very unique skillset. Combining very strong physique and equally good 1 vs 1 skills leading to a lot of space for the surrounding players.
Anyway it should be the first game for them in the Europa League which won‘t allow Xabi to give several key players regeneration time and with the German Cup and Bundesliga basically done the focus should be completely on the international stage now.

I‘m really excited to see how Leverkusen will perform against a real international opponent like West Ham.
Everything seems possible. I can totally imagine Leverkusen sending a massive statement to Europe. I can totally imagine West Ham catching Leverkusen completely offguard, because they rarely had a decent challenge in the Bundesliga besides Stuttgart and Bayern in their first game.
Good luck to you guys and a hopefully great evening for everybody!
Cheers mate. Nice to get a German take on the game. I only hope our A team turn up.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Towie wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:49 am

The one and only Plan A
Facts mate
COYI!!!

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Huge slab, lots of concrete, dad booked in, fucked Friday. Builder phones up late this Arvo "Sorry we ain't gonna be ready, can we re book the pour?" Eldest son, now the boss "Sorry old man but we don't need you tomorrow." Old man, me, "No worries, Hammers are on at 5 in the morning ".
COYI!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

PhilipB wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:15 am
OZHAMMER wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:59 am

I don’t mind the occasional interactions with middle and lower classes of society, Philip from NSW. It keeps me grounded.
You might be lucky and find one or two bogans in there to make you feel more at home. I hope realize the Rider is up in Neutral Bay and we like people with a bit of class.
I absolutely ooze class out of every orifice, Philip.

I’ll be sure to drop in to the pub in the near future. I’ll wear my best AC/DC shirt for the occasion, and we can chew the fat over a couple of schooners of VB.

Already looking forward to it.
Last edited by OZHAMMER on Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

garnett

Post by garnett »

The one and only Plan A
Chesney sounds good to me :)

I know there`s not many of us left, but has anyone decided to go to Saint n Greavsies live gig tonight in Bayer Wick ? ;)

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

garnett wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:11 pm

The one and only Plan A
Chesney sounds good to me :)

I know there`s not many of us left, but has anyone decided to go to Saint n Greavsies live gig tonight in Bayer Wick ? ;)
Nah I’ve got to work and anyone who’s anyone , Woo , Tone etc are already pissing it up in Cologne .
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Don’t know if I’m over pessimistic or too many people have been overdoing the happy juice but I’ve just watched a couple of vids and a hell of a lot of people are convinced we’re going through. One bloke even said something like “This is not the Arsenal Invincibles , German league is an inferior league”

Hope they’re right but I don’t personally see too many upsides, Maybe but the team second in that inferior league drew to 2 at Arsenal on Tuesday and could easily have won the game. And Leverkusen are better than Bayern: And our best goalie and, imo, our two best outfield players are missing. Guess we’ll find out soon enough.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?