Well now David.

Chat about anything football related here!
eskimo joe

Re: Well now David.

Post by eskimo joe »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:08 am
Newmarket wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:14 am

I bet he hates Sullivan more :lol:
Possibly true. But don't you agree that if he is, as Andy seems to think, being stopped from doing his job properly, he would, like any self respecting bloke worth his salt, resign. After all it he's as good as his reputation he won't find it difficult to get a new post. Anyway looks like we'll need to replace him soon because Andy is convinced he's off to Scouseland.
Let say begining of the new season will be time to tell. Depends also on his contract which i guess would hold certain stipulations. But if Moyes is still here i can see him walking, he would be flogging a dead horse remaining here.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

dagenhamdave wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:11 pm Haller scores the winner in the AFCON Cup, How I wish we had a striker like him?
Think we did if memory serves me right , if I remember it correctly he wasn't good enough or the right type of player for us or the premier league , bit like the youngsters in the youth teams .

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

deanox wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:21 pm makes you think doesn't it...Haller, Fornals I wonder where we would be if we had a forward-thinking manager instead of a boring defensive one.
I know we won a European trophy and that can never be taken away from him, but most people couldn't believe how defensive we were.
TBH he has got us into Europe but at what price?
Great to win but an average of 20-30% possession is fucking awful to watch.
Think we won that european trophy in spite of Moyes , not because of him .

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Clayton wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:37 am
deanox wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:21 pm makes you think doesn't it...Haller, Fornals I wonder where we would be if we had a forward-thinking manager instead of a boring defensive one.
I know we won a European trophy and that can never be taken away from him, but most people couldn't believe how defensive we were.
TBH he has got us into Europe but at what price?
Great to win but an average of 20-30% possession is fucking awful to watch.
Think we won that european trophy in spite of Moyes , not because of him .
I agree.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

eskimo joe wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:23 am
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:08 am

Possibly true. But don't you agree that if he is, as Andy seems to think, being stopped from doing his job properly, he would, like any self respecting bloke worth his salt, resign. After all it he's as good as his reputation he won't find it difficult to get a new post. Anyway looks like we'll need to replace him soon because Andy is convinced he's off to Scouseland.
Let say begining of the new season will be time to tell. Depends also on his contract which i guess would hold certain stipulations. But if Moyes is still here i can see him walking, he would be flogging a dead horse remaining here.
Any man of substance if being given the run around by an employer no matter the contract would walk , its not like he's short of a bob or two . Surely if all is to be believed he would have only signed a contract that benefited him and how he wanted to work within the club .

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Clayton wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:43 am
eskimo joe wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:23 am

Any man of substance if being given the run around by an employer no matter the contract would walk , its not like he's short of a bob or two . Surely if all is to be believed he would have only signed a contract that benefited him and how he wanted to work within the club .
Spot on

PhilipB

Post by PhilipB »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:01 am
andyginbrasil wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:03 am

He may have a plan ....but if you have people who don't want to implement the plan the poor man can't do his job.....but you you need an open mind to understand that...he will go to Liverpool and be appreciated....blaming everything on poor old Timmy....is getting fucking boring now...I feel sorry for wife....😁
With respect Andy to say I'm "blaming everything on poor old Timmy" is just plain fucking stupid. What I have said is that the amount of arse kissing, and assumprion that "Timmy" is some sort of demi god is a bit fucking nauseating, not to mention, irrational. He may or may not turn out to be an asset but, as you are suggesting, without any hard evidence I might add, IF he is surrounded by people who "don't want him to implement his plan", as a man of principle, which I hope he is, he would surely have told those people to put the job where the sun doesn't shine and walked off into the sunset.,

I've also said that "discovering" Alvarez and Kudus was no big deal. Anyone involved in football would have been aware of their abilities, surely you can see that. Discovering Osmen is another thing entirely, an unknown talent. That is apparently one of the things he was renowned for in Germany. But, for whatever reason he seems to have been talking to the wrong agent. Difficult to blame anyone else for that I suggest. But that is a long way from saying he is being blamed for everything.

There are many things wrong about West Ham. There have been for fucking decades. To blame ANY one individual, is , as you put it, "fucklng boring". As well as being incredibly fucking stupid.. You are right about one thing. You need an open mind to understand that. But, please, apart from the Osmen fiasco, pray tell me the many things I have blamed "poor old Timmy" for. And please stop calling the poor cunt Timmy. I'm sure he hates the bloody monicker.
goodpost:)

Thanks for that. Glad someone has put some perspective into this.
First cards on table. I've been a lurker on this site for a while and have been surprised at how blinkered a lot of people are on the Moyes in or out thing. I would put myself in the 75% out range but I do give him thanks for a couple of decent seasons in which the footy wasn't too bad. So call me Moyes out if you want to pigeon hole me.
But the Steidten love in makes me want to puke. Particularly that fat bell end on Claret & Booze and his Tim this and Tim that mantra., When Tim brings us Xabi Alonso was one of his sayings not too long ago. I've got no problem with Steidten but he's done nothing yet that I can see apart from screwing up any chance of a deal for Osman by talking to the wrong bloke. Like has been said Alvarez and Kudus were both established stars with Ajax who everyone in the game, not to mention loads of fans, knew about. I hope he proves to be as good at unearthing unknown gems as his reputation but come on people let's wait until he's proved himself before we start showering him with love and kisses.
The podcasts are the worst. In the last month alone we've been told Moyes is definitely not getting a new contract, then we're told he is getting one, now it's in doubt again. And Claret & Booze is the worst of the worst. A pair of no marks and an irritating prat who always wears a silly hat and talks with a squeaky voice banging on about the same old same old every podcast. I watch it once a week or so. Don't know why I do because every time it's the same.
Can't we just wait for Tim Steidten, and I agree that anyone who calls him Timmy should have their nuts cut off, to prove himself before we start singing his praises. And can we all just realise that although Moyes is a football dinosaur he isn't responsible for everything the goes pear shaped at West Ham.

Towie

Post by Towie »

PhilipB wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:34 am
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:01 am

With respect Andy to say I'm "blaming everything on poor old Timmy" is just plain fucking stupid. What I have said is that the amount of arse kissing, and assumprion that "Timmy" is some sort of demi god is a bit fucking nauseating, not to mention, irrational. He may or may not turn out to be an asset but, as you are suggesting, without any hard evidence I might add, IF he is surrounded by people who "don't want him to implement his plan", as a man of principle, which I hope he is, he would surely have told those people to put the job where the sun doesn't shine and walked off into the sunset.,

I've also said that "discovering" Alvarez and Kudus was no big deal. Anyone involved in football would have been aware of their abilities, surely you can see that. Discovering Osmen is another thing entirely, an unknown talent. That is apparently one of the things he was renowned for in Germany. But, for whatever reason he seems to have been talking to the wrong agent. Difficult to blame anyone else for that I suggest. But that is a long way from saying he is being blamed for everything.

There are many things wrong about West Ham. There have been for fucking decades. To blame ANY one individual, is , as you put it, "fucklng boring". As well as being incredibly fucking stupid.. You are right about one thing. You need an open mind to understand that. But, please, apart from the Osmen fiasco, pray tell me the many things I have blamed "poor old Timmy" for. And please stop calling the poor cunt Timmy. I'm sure he hates the bloody monicker.
goodpost:)

Thanks for that. Glad someone has put some perspective into this.
First cards on table. I've been a lurker on this site for a while and have been surprised at how blinkered a lot of people are on the Moyes in or out thing. I would put myself in the 75% out range but I do give him thanks for a couple of decent seasons in which the footy wasn't too bad. So call me Moyes out if you want to pigeon hole me.
But the Steidten love in makes me want to puke. Particularly that fat bell end on Claret & Booze and his Tim this and Tim that mantra., When Tim brings us Xabi Alonso was one of his sayings not too long ago. I've got no problem with Steidten but he's done nothing yet that I can see apart from screwing up any chance of a deal for Osman by talking to the wrong bloke. Like has been said Alvarez and Kudus were both established stars with Ajax who everyone in the game, not to mention loads of fans, knew about. I hope he proves to be as good at unearthing unknown gems as his reputation but come on people let's wait until he's proved himself before we start showering him with love and kisses.
The podcasts are the worst. In the last month alone we've been told Moyes is definitely not getting a new contract, then we're told he is getting one, now it's in doubt again. And Claret & Booze is the worst of the worst. A pair of no marks and an irritating prat who always wears a silly hat and talks with a squeaky voice banging on about the same old same old every podcast. I watch it once a week or so. Don't know why I do because every time it's the same.
Can't we just wait for Tim Steidten, and I agree that anyone who calls him Timmy should have their nuts cut off, to prove himself before we start singing his praises. And can we all just realise that although Moyes is a football dinosaur he isn't responsible for everything the goes pear shaped at West Ham.
I agree totally mate, however we can blame Moyes for the football style and that fiasco yesterday.
Playing a RB at LW, a DM as CAM or LW is just plain stupid.

He should be sacked for that alone.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

Has Moyes gone yet, asking for a friend? ;)

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

dagenhamdave wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:22 pm Has Moyes gone yet, asking for a friend? ;)

No mate, he's still here.
But they are bringing out a sequel to the untouchable's starring David Moyes, it's called.
"Untouchable's 2, "The low block jock, McNessy"
Love a cup of Rosey I do.