Sheffield Utd vs West Ham Utd Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
OZHAMMER

Re: Sheffield Utd vs West Ham Utd Official Match Thread

Post by OZHAMMER »

JayK wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:55 pm
OZHAMMER wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:15 pm

Yeah. Sometimes I get the impression that he’s on top of things, and then BAM - calamity.
I wonder if they’re related in some way
Maybe Harry’s trip to Greece was to meet his illegitimate brother, and that’s when all hell broke loose.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:55 am
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:37 am

I am inclined to agree about Mavropanos. Hasn't played that often but he's too error prone, like Aguerd, for my liking.

But are we allowed to criticise him ? There were quite a number of people singing the praises of Herr Steidten for bringing him in. Has the Steidten honeymoon run it's course ?
I wouldn't say I was a footballing genius , just a fan , but Moyes has the benefit of plenty of experience in football more then most . We don't know who has the ultimate say in player transfers at the club , I imagine manager tells the recruitment team what type of player he is looking for , they find them , hand over details to said manager and he makes a decision , though I could be wrong . But it hasn't worked for us in 75% of the transfers have been mediocre to poor . Or is it just how they are being utilised within the squad ? for me this has been to our detriment in many cases . Though I will say Kudus and Alvarez have been decent finds , and the type of player we all want to see .
Don't think anyone on here can have any claim to being a footballing geniusI. I think you've explained how it sholuld work. But this being West Ham who knows what goes on ? Imo Alvarez and Kudus have been better than decent, although it's early days of course.

The biggest faiings have been our attempts to fill the striker role. If we want an Antonio clone why not try to source one instead of nringing in proven strikers, which we have done in Haller, Scamacca and Ings, and then throwing our hands up in despair when we try to get them to change the style which has made their reputation.,

Hasn't that been the fault of many an international manager in the past ? Picking the best 11 players and then trying to somehow fit them all together to play to the manager's preferred system.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

OZHAMMER wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:00 pm
JayK wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:55 pm

I wonder if they’re related in some way
Maybe Harry’s trip to Greece was to meet his illegitimate brother, and that’s when all hell broke loose.
Nail on the head Oz. The Greek didn’t wanna be associated and Maguire then kicked off in a sulk 😃
COYI!!!

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Clayton wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:51 am
Ibbyham wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:13 pm

West Ham are very thin this weekend and I wish that match against the blunt to be postponed by weather that could save us. I never happy with Soucek and JWP in DM but we don't have choice as we don't have a decent back-up and that is down to Moyes. Scarles is a winger so Moyes need to revert his formation from 4-2-3-1 to 4-4-2 with Scarles, Earthy, JWP and Cornet in midfield with Marshall and Mubama up front which is more ideal and more chance of us getting anything but you know Moyes is not like John Lyall who gave Cottee debut in 1983 at Tottenham and herewarded them 2 goals plus a win. Moyes need to trust the youth players more as if he put JWP and Soucek together in DM, then Sheff Utd will brush us apart like Bristol City did.
Think the kids mostly play with three at the back with attacking wingbacks , so possibly a 3 - 5 - 2 formation , Could be wrong though .
Not sure who we could play as the three CB's though Zouma looked to be limping after 10 minutes ( but doesn't he always :roll: ) , both Ogbonna and Cresswell have seen better days and should have been put out to pasture last season , and who thought bringing in the greek was good business . Why oh why did we allow Kehrer to go out on loan ? .
So we could play Scarles at LWB , at least the youngster would be playing in a position he was happy with . And Coufal playing RWB .
Maybe we could play Johnson in the DM role , Moyes has used him at RB , RWB , CB and at LB so why not as a DM , with Soucek / JWP in midfield .
Think we all agree that we need to play 2 up front , one has got to be Ings and I would partner him with Marshall .
We can only hope something different is planned then the usual Plan A .
Totally agreed as our squad bare thin, Moyes should change tactics as it wasn't working against Bristol City. It is going to be very confusing who is available and not available and how West Ham will set up against Sheff Utd.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Ibbyham wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:13 pm

West Ham are very thin this weekend and I wish that match against the blunt to be postponed by weather that could save us. I never happy with Soucek and JWP in DM but we don't have choice as we don't have a decent back-up and that is down to Moyes. Scarles is a winger so Moyes need to revert his formation from 4-2-3-1 to 4-4-2 with Scarles, Earthy, JWP and Cornet in midfield with Marshall and Mubama up front which is more ideal and more chance of us getting anything but you know Moyes is not like John Lyall who gave Cottee debut in 1983 at Tottenham and herewarded them 2 goals plus a win. Moyes need to trust the youth players more as if he put JWP and Soucek together in DM, then Sheff Utd will brush us apart like Bristol City did.
Think the kids mostly play with three at the back with attacking wingbacks , so possibly a 3 - 5 - 2 formation , Could be wrong though .
Not sure who we could play as the three CB's though Zouma looked to be limping after 10 minutes ( but doesn't he always :roll: ) , both Ogbonna and Cresswell have seen better days and should have been put out to pasture last season , and who thought bringing in the greek was good business . Why oh why did we allow Kehrer to go out on loan ? .
So we could play Scarles at LWB , at least the youngster would be playing in a position he was happy with . And Coufal playing RWB .
Maybe we could play Johnson in the DM role , Moyes has used him at RB , RWB , CB and at LB so why not as a DM , with Soucek / JWP in midfield .
Think we all agree that we need to play 2 up front , one has got to be Ings and I would partner him with Marshall .
Not being smartarse but I believe the academy play a 3-4-3 formation at all age groups.
The only level that doesn’t is guess what ?
Bring back Jonathon !

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:52 pm

Not being smartarse but I believe the academy play a 3-4-3 formation at all age groups.
The only level that doesn’t is guess what ?
yes they both do now.. under Robson last season the U23/21s pretty much mirrored MOYSIEBALL, were shit and just about survived relegation....

ROBSON was promoted to Moysies top table off the back of it...makes sense
POTTSY has transformed that age group into a group playing decent football, like bandys u18s

Robson reminds me of PHIL NEAL...
YES BOSS...YES BOSS.

JUST HOW MOYSIE LIKES IT

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

i think we all know how this game will pan out.

an embarrassing game of football is a given..

1-0 to the yorkies if we are missing Alvarez /Bowen...

1-1 if one or both start...

in his post match presser ..?
if we shithouse the draw.. moysie will be suited and booted.. coked eyed and bouncing on his toes.. [ he does this when hes happy]...struggling to hide his joy at an away draw against a good team and a great coach ..

lose 1-0 ... moysie will turn up late in his shit club shell suit ...give his death stare warning to all the strings in the room and reminds everyone that HE won a European trophy and are 6/7/8/9/top half in the league..

shine on ...shine off

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

A meeting of two of the most exciting and creatively innovative coaches in the English game today. How can this game be anything but a spectacular exhibition of fast, free flowing football, a glittering festival of excellence to put before a worldwide television audience to highlight the magnificence of the best league in the world.

Tbh I'd take 0-0 if it was offered right now. I can't see where a goal is coming from----from either side. But the bubble is always liable to give one up so I think the eee by gum brigade are more lightly to snatch one.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

Their new signings have'nt been registered in time for this match...according to Wilder's pre- match press conference anyway.

Wilder appearing confident...as he rightly should be, after witnessing our pathetic performance and attitude at Bristol City.

hes had a fortnight to drill his team for us...Moyesball will be familiar and comforting for Wilder...

hardly stuff of coaching genius to figure out how to turn us over....no excuses for him on that front.

these CUNTS have conceded 49 goals ffs...at which point in the match do you think MOYSIE will attempt to take advantage of that ?...take a wild guess

i originally predicted a 1-0 loss or 1-1 draw....

i now think we are going to get done by desire...ropey at the back...fuck all up top
2-0.

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

I am going for 0-3 with Ings getting a hat trick. whufc_crest