Brighton vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
eskimo joe

Re: Brighton vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by eskimo joe »

brookingslovechild wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:34 am
normannomates wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:49 pm for all the KUMB STAIN moyes lovers giving it large after a lucky win against the cfc , this game will pipe em down, and some.
blimey finally someone more negative than me :D ...although im not sure their are many fans thinking we will get anything at brighton tbf.
Anything positive anyway. Moyes will fo his norm, especially ahainst this lot and our record against them. The only adventurous movement in his body is his arsehole.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

Wonder if he will play Alvarez at CB because the Greeko is injured?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

dagenhamdave wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:40 am Wonder if he will play Alvarez at CB because the Greeko is injured?
If Moyes stays true to form he'll send out the same team that started on Sunday, apart from Aguerd. Ireckon he'll play Kehrer ahead of Ogbonna because of his extra pace and the fact Brighton don't tend to welly too many high balls into the box. I'm guessing deZerbi is a tad pissed off that Aguerd is suspended because it semed last season they specifically targeted him and got 3 goals by doing it. Unfortunately I still reckon they'll have too much for us.

I hope someone at the club is trying to work out what to do with Aguerd because, contrary to the belief of a certain moderator, I'm not trying to scapegoat the bloke. I think he has a very decent skillset. But I also think as a central defender he's about as much use as a ham sandwich at a bloody barmitzvah. I did wonder about using him in midfield but we look to have filled that need with Alvarez. Maybe a future at LB beckons ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:18 pm
dagenhamdave wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:40 am Wonder if he will play Alvarez at CB because the Greeko is injured?
If Moyes stays true to form he'll send out the same team that started on Sunday, apart from Aguerd. Ireckon he'll play Kehrer ahead of Ogbonna because of his extra pace and the fact Brighton don't tend to welly too many high balls into the box. I'm guessing deZerbi is a tad pissed off that Aguerd is suspended because it semed last season they specifically targeted him and got 3 goals by doing it. Unfortunately I still reckon they'll have too much for us.

I hope someone at the club is trying to work out what to do with Aguerd because, contrary to the belief of a certain moderator, I'm not trying to scapegoat the bloke. I think he has a very decent skillset. But I also think as a central defender he's about as much use as a ham sandwich at a bloody barmitzvah. I did wonder about using him in midfield but we look to have filled that need with Alvarez. Maybe a future at LB beckons ?
Out of interest, where did Aguerd play when he got injured first time out in the friendly?
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Towie

Post by Towie »

eskimo joe wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:03 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:18 pm

Out of interest, where did Aguerd play when he got injured first time out in the friendly?
Rangers, injured himself stretching for a tackle after his own mistake.
Give something else for Whisky to beat him with.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Towie wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:52 pm

:lol:
COYI!!!

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Aguerd is ball playing defender.His not use to playing the type of system Moyes deploys .In my humble opinion,I think his a top player that struggles with the game we play sitting back and if he was at a City or an Arsenal,yiu would see the very best of him .

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

On the game itself,I think we could struggle.

If we are to fetch any points,we could be reliant on JWP.He will be the key on us getting anything.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

terrya1965 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:46 pm On the game itself,I think we could struggle.

If we are to fetch any points,we could be reliant on JWP.He will be the key on us getting anything.
Think you should save that post for quite a few games in the coming season.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:42 pm

Aguerd is ball playing defender.His not use to playing the type of system Moyes deploys .In my humble opinion,I think his a top player that struggles with the game we play sitting back and if he was at a City or an Arsenal,yiu would see the very best of him .
If Aguerd was at City or Arsenal the only place you'd be likely to see him is sitting in the fucking stand because you sure as hell wouldn't see him on the pitch. The system can be blamed for failing to provide adequate supply and support to the front men but it can't be blamed for making a "ball playing defender" as you call him being bullied into schoolboy errors by Solanke at Bournemouth, losing defenders at Brighton and Palace leading to goals conceded and generally looking very shaky when the going gets a bit phusical.

He has some good attributes but they are not the attributes needed to be a PL standard central defender, ball playing or otherwise. He will continue to cost us goals until and if we find a role in the team for him where he can put his skills to better use imo. Can't remember who it was unfortunately but someone on here not too long ago suggested a DM role for him which I thought sounded a decent call tbh. As that position is now filled maybe he could be deployed as a LB.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?