January 2023 transfer window thread

Chat about anything football related here!
eskimo joe

Re: January 2023 transfer window thread

Post by eskimo joe »

Had to stop reading the article, it seems like a rerun of what he has often done. Not the first time he has turned down an offer for funding, ( not that we need a striker so much ). And as for Antonio etc coming good, I am either experiencing Deja vu or it's a case that Moyes really can't see the reason behind the lack of goals

Like NM implied, what is the point of having another striker if he also will be semi redundant playing in Moyes set up.

And if the article is to be believed, ( chances are it's an edited version of past ones) then Moyes thinking saving the firm money will keep his job or give an opportunity to place the blame on the misfiring strikers he needs a rethink.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

eskimo joe wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:35 pm Had to stop reading the article, it seems like a rerun of what he has often done. Not the first time he has turned down an offer for funding, ( not that we need a striker so much ). And as for Antonio etc coming good, I am either experiencing Deja vu or it's a case that Moyes really can't see the reason behind the lack of goals

Like NM implied, what is the point of having another striker if he also will be semi redundant playing in Moyes set up.

And if the article is to be believed, ( chances are it's an edited version of past ones) then Moyes thinking saving the firm money will keep his job or give an opportunity to place the blame on the misfiring strikers he needs a rethink.
Still plenty of time for Antonio to get his usual 10 goal haul for the season in the league , yet he's a legend just like Charlton Cole mediocrity at it's best . We really don't set our ceiling very high in the hero worship stakes ..

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

andyginbrasil wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:12 pm
Clayton wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:18 am

I am not looking forward to the future either with the state of the squad as it is , the future manager is going to have some job on his hands when you think about it .
I don't really fear for any future manager, if in fact there is going to be a future manager, with our current squad.
I might be very naive in my thinking, but, just by simply changing the set up from 4-2-3-1 to either 4-4-2, or 3-5-2 and using what players we have at our disposal now, we would easily scrape enough points over the next 20 matches to actually stay up,
The problem Popeye won't change, and that is his downfall,
Come the summer we can evaluate the existing squad and buy accordingly.
If the rumours are true, that Popeye has been offered funds to buy a new striker this window and he has refused it unfortunately clearly shows that he will not be using two upfront in the foreseeable future.
Scallywag needs a mate to play with, Antonio should be used as a winger and push Bowen for his place. Mubama can push the other strikers......simple isn't it
No denying we could scrape together enough points to keep us out of the relegation zone ( we have a 1st eleven capable ) , but popeye is not going to change the setup or selection for that happen .

palerider

Post by palerider »

I'd reply but NM's calling ME negative and I'm offended.

I'm asking for a transfer. Maybe KUMB.

The site's dying a death anyway.

Riceascaptain

Post by Riceascaptain »

palerider wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:56 pm I'd reply but NM's calling ME negative and I'm offended.

I'm asking for a transfer. Maybe KUMB.

The site's dying a death anyway.
KUMB is out of the quotation

WHO is solid

whufc_crest

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Strange how some things invade your thoughts when you have nothing better to do.

My latest is something that involves a catch 22, selling Rice now and getting more money for him, or gamble waiting till Summer and hope we aren't relegated thus probably getting less for him. Obviously the first could lead to part of the second.

Know he won't get sold in January, but Sullivan should be making plans to make sure the latter doesn't happen, and it doesn't involve retaining Moyes.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Southampton look to be doing a good piece of business in my opinion if they manage to get that Orsic in from Zagreb for just £8 million. Bloody good piece of business that. Thought he looked decent when we played them and had a few decent cameos in the World Cup as well. Cheap too, just the sort of player we could have used coming in from the left hand side which is his best position.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:36 pm Southampton look to be doing a good piece of business in my opinion if they manage to get that Orsic in from Zagreb for just £8 million. Bloody good piece of business that. Thought he looked decent when we played them and had a few decent cameos in the World Cup as well. Cheap too, just the sort of player we could have used coming in from the left hand side which is his best position.
Well if we did get him, Moyes wouldn’t play him in his best position anyway. 😂😂😂
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:04 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:36 pm Southampton look to be doing a good piece of business in my opinion if they manage to get that Orsic in from Zagreb for just £8 million. Bloody good piece of business that. Thought he looked decent when we played them and had a few decent cameos in the World Cup as well. Cheap too, just the sort of player we could have used coming in from the left hand side which is his best position.
Well if we did get him, Moyes wouldn’t play him in his best position anyway. 😂😂😂
Probably true. But £8 million for a player of his international pedigree is peanuts when you consider what we paid out for Benrahma and Cornet is it not ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Hasn't scored in 12games in Spain. Perfect. 🙄😂
https://www.skysports.com/transfer/news ... -world-cup